• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Thank you Amachi! Oh, I just caught what you meant about the outline under the flame. I need to ADD an outline there. Guess I forgot to.

Anyways, here is a feraligatr revmped. I tried to dither a bit but not too much. As you may notice, I added a little bit more to shading than even the R/S/E one. If you compare the two, (Revamp+R/S/E) you'll see what I mean.

Okay, here it is.
gsback160r.png

The one I did it off of.
gsback160.png

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

(I did the Spoilers to save room)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
hmm, very nice work, both the drawing and the shading are great. However, remember that posts require a minimum of 25 characters and four words.

Didn't really know that, sorry. So many new or stricter rules since i left.
brabbe.png

Pre-evo for Crabe, Brabbe, the baby crab.

Years
Does the Crab live in a milk sea? lol, bad joke... One problem I see is that the shading should go on the bottom. Since the sun is on the top, the shadow should be on the bottom. And (optional) if you can make the eyes bigger, that would be great.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Didn't really know that, sorry. So many new or stricter rules since i left.
brabbe.png

Pre-evo for Crabe, Brabbe, the baby crab.

Dude, that rule has always being here, even before you left :p

I don't really like the crab, it;s too basic, too small, lacking anything really pokemon-ish.

Though I really liked the muscle tone on the whale.

Desgardes

Lovely Buff.
Years
Desgardes: Your recent posts in this forum, while they have been constructive, have also been horribly negative, making it difficult to note out the crit. Tone down this negativity of yours or you will receive a warning.

I'm sure you were a beginner too at some point.

Fine, i guess i could use the crit sandwich while im at it.
*takes anti-depressant*

There. Now I'm a happy person.

Hurley

PXOL (owner)
Years
hello i need a sprite of Paul for my pokemon x online mmorpg game
(Here is a picture of paul)
24.png

can u make the sprite paul doing these action in the sprite

dp_lucas.png

oh and mod Amachi said i am aloud to request sprite in this thread umm if some1 is nice enouth to do the request can u pm it to me thank you so much

ANother pic
ShinjiDP.png
can u make paul look like first pic

Last edited:

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
Yay My first Trainer Sprite:P I know thaz its not really good but remamber is my first one. I made it from overworld:
5z1j78k.png

Comments plz

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
Is it posible for me to request? If so can somebody PM and I'll give them details. Thanks

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
kk.png
kk2.png

my duskull ripoffs :D. somone said i should give the big one arms too, or take the little ones arms off and add arms to the big one

Years
^ I think I'd have to agree with giving the big one arms. Or at least give it something else on the body to help balance things out; as it is right now, it feels like I can't concentrate on anything aside from its head. Looks good, though...those two are kinda like Duskull's older, meaner cousins, haha.

So I made up a design for a Lapras pre-evo a while back - and the other night, in a fit of thinking that I need to practice more since I haven't been doing much spriting lately, I did this:

The one on the left is the original design - it's supposed to lack a shell and have those spines in place, just so it's not totally defenseless (even if it is a baby). The one on the right is just to see what it would look like without the spines. With the spots there, it actually kind of reminds me of a seal.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
laprasbaby1.gif
laprasbaby2b.gif

The one on the left is the original design - it's supposed to lack a shell and have those spines in place, just so it's not totally defenseless (even if it is a baby). The one on the right is just to see what it would look like without the spines. With the spots there, it actually kind of reminds me of a seal.
Oh, I didn't realise that you actually had changed it. heh, you only did it an hour ago XD; Anyway, I suppose it does look better with the spikes, cause it seems kind of plain without them.

I like your choice of colours. They definitely make it look younger in comparison to Lapras. And I'm curious as to the style of shading, since it differs from the usual pokemon style.

Woow. Niice Cowrie, looks pretty amazing, although I prefer it with spikes.
I'd crit if I could >.<
You should know very well that criticism can be positive as well ^^

Random Fakemon:
18292.png

Piplup sprites!
Piplup-Ice-beam.gif

Piplup-Pound.gif

Piplup-Idle.gif
Umm, the pose is nice enough, though it seems like it only has three legs o.o;;

Try adding some definition to it, like a face or a pattern. But is that Pichu's head? XD

Also, nice work on the Piplup sprites. Though they are small and simple, they are still done quite well.

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
Yeah, I have to work on the Fakemon, like a name, type, Fiorè [ROM hack region I'm working on]region Pokedex entry, eyes, and yes it's Pichus head. The Shiny form will be green/yellow. o.o;
Thanks for the comment on Piplup. I went for small because Piplup is a first evolution, and he's small... So yeah. >_<

Years
Oh, I didn't realise that you actually had changed it. heh, you only did it an hour ago XD; Anyway, I suppose it does look better with the spikes, cause it seems kind of plain without them.

I like your choice of colours. They definitely make it look younger in comparison to Lapras. And I'm curious as to the style of shading, since it differs from the usual pokemon style.
The colors were just swiped from Lapras' D/P sprite, and then lightened slightly. :P

The shading is one part D/P style, one part "I'll shade this however I darn well want to" style. Though more the former one - or at least, that's how it started out. ^_^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back