• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    I hate to be pushing it, but will someone please do the sprites I requested. If overworld and backsprites are too much, at least do the regular sprites.

Enokoro

is so zetta slow.
    Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

what do yall think?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    I like it (even though i'd like it more if it already had sonic's colors)
    Yesterday 08:14 AM
    Criptexa hmm, ok...
    Well, today i post a new fakemon:
    Puricodus, the puzzle pokemon
    Spriters Showcase Thread

tell me wht u think
    Isnt anyone gonna make a comment on it???:(

shrty55

ExcellentSpriter NotHacker
    Years
  • Pretty sweet sprites and other pixel art. It makes me want to throw myself into the spriting ring again its been a year and I dont think I can get back up passed your skills that have far surpassed mine.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2017
    I did some pokemon sprites and i think i improved, look:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

and a better version of Frognut and Frognought:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

and another new one i made:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Could i have constructive crit please. Also please comment.

Years
  • @Criptexa: Interesting fake you have there (the puzzle one). :D I like the design of that one. The only thing I'd suggest for it is to use more of the lighter outline colors where the highlights are on the sprite, since it's odd seeing specks of dark color around those areas (at least, I see such a speck on the arm on the left, right around where it begins to curve).

@Nintendogs: Except for the large area of yellow around the head, that's pretty good. Though, considering the low amount of colors allowed for it, I'd say to experiment with dithering some of the colors together (just to put a little more variety into the piece).

@ChubraidermonCharlie: Try out shading that follows a light source instead of being clustered around the edges of the sprite; what you're currently using is pillow shading, which is usually frowned upon, and generally looks odd for pokemon sprites. I'd also suggest the usage of darker outlines, especially around areas that are inside the sprite, just to make them stand out more. But yeah, besides that, those sprites look like a pretty good attempt at fakes. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2017
    Thanks for the advice, here are the updated versions of Sticump(dithering and non-pillow shading):
    Spriters Showcase Thread

and a new fakemon called Squillish:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

. Are they any better than before?
    Edit: I did Bretotree in dithered and shading aswell:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:

shrty55

Years
  • It has been a whole year since I last sprited here is what I did since then. Its not the best but tell me what it is missing I know its missing alot.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Changed it to this I like this one better but it still needs improvement.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
  • Hey all. Look at my custom trainer^^.

Spriters Showcase Thread

You can clearly see its a bird trainer. His outfit is based on Roxas from Kingdom Hearts 2. Oh and I added a hood if you can see it. His hair i made a dark purple, I was going for Shinn Asuka from Gundam Seed Destiny XP. Same with his eyes. Red but not too bright. I just suck at shading though.

I think its my best work ever...considering its my only work. =/

Last edited:

shrty55

Years
  • Ok I know this one is different and needs alot of shading but other than that tell me what you think?
    Spriters Showcase Thread

And this one I did a year ago my most favorite.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Roy-Kun

t i t l e g o e s h e r e
    Years
  • ChubraidermonCharlie said:
    I mad some new fakemon sprites: Electregg:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Darkorm:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

and A yet unamed pokemon:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Comment and Constructive crit please.

I don't know if it's me. But u think that the body and the shading in some of them need work.

Yay, i'm in vacations, now i was working in Roy and trying to give him the skill of Aether... this is the incomplete version (i need to finish the sprites), also, i added a bit more of an armour to Roy this time (meh, not much, just for the legs).

It was link-ofied because the image is a tad too big, and i'm not good at making animations in battle scenes. So i used a random background ^^;

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Prepares for Crit. Here are the 3 scratch sprites I have made. I can't say im proud, he voltorb is fairly good, but poor shading, the castforms face is at the wrong angle and the gulpin is Er...Well...Meh...

They are my first, but with crit I can only get better. Hopefully.

Voltorb: (Shading looks Poor) View attachment 34363

Castform: ((Cute (Solemnity thinks)) But I dislike Face Angle) View attachment 34362

Gulpin: (I Tried a different pose with a head-on sorta thing. I say Never again) View attachment 34364

For those that Comment, Thanks. For those that don't, I shall stalk you and make funny sprites of you. (Nah... Kidding)

Solemnity

Lass Solemnity
    Years
  • OK maneachicken.
    The voltorb has far to much differing and it looks like it has a black eye.
    The castform looks extrememly cute but the outline looks a bit too dark.
    I love the gulpin to bits! I see only minor flaws such as the mouth facing to the side though its a face on pose. But its good.
    Keep it up!

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Just to Clarify, has Signomi has Definately Left? She will be Missed, but that leaves a Burden on Forrest Grovyle. I was wandering who has been put in line to be confirmed as the second Art Gallery Moderator? Will it be an existing Mod? I can think of Members worthy of the Role.

and thanks Solemnity for the response.

NEWS: My Fakedex will be uncovered soon...

Jenvy

Gardevoir is the Disco Queen
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    Well, heres some of my fusions:
    Spriters Showcase ThreadBeedriot (Beedril and Pidgeot)
    Spriters Showcase ThreadMightoon (Mightyena and Linoone)
    I have more in my sprite thread (sig), and I also have my new idea posted there. Go and check it out! =3

Years
  • Maneachicken said:
    Prepares for Crit. Here are the 3 scratch sprites I have made. I can't say im proud, he voltorb is fairly good, but poor shading, the castforms face is at the wrong angle and the gulpin is Er...Well...Meh...

They are my first, but with crit I can only get better. Hopefully.

Voltorb: (Shading looks Poor) View attachment 34363

Castform: ((Cute (Solemnity thinks)) But I dislike Face Angle) View attachment 34362

Gulpin: (I Tried a different pose with a head-on sorta thing. I say Never again) View attachment 34364

For those that Comment, Thanks. For those that don't, I shall stalk you and make funny sprites of you. (Nah... Kidding)
    Voltorb: the shape is good (considering it's just a circle), and the shading does need some work; one thing I noticed is that there's no color on the red part that matches the light gray shading of the white part, so it looks as though part of the shading it missing. All that takes is adding another shade of red between the current shade and the main color, though.

Castform: Perhaps if you moved the pixels on the back of the head up a bit, it might make it look better; that's probably what's causing the angle to look odd (the body's at one angle, while the head seems to be unchanged).

Gulpin: That's a pretty good attempt at that angle, though; the eyes just need to be slightly farther apart, and the body either more circular or at least wider at the bottom, and it'd be fine. :)

Milotic<3 said:
    Well, heres some of my fusions:
    Spriters Showcase ThreadBeedriot (Beedril and Pidgeot)
    Spriters Showcase ThreadMightoon (Mightyena and Linoone)
    I have more in my sprite thread (sig), and I also have my new idea posted there. Go and check it out! =3
    Beedriot: Interesting mix; though the bit of gray that's near the top of the left-side stinger doesn't go too well with that salmon color. There's also a few pixels missing in some places - I see some missing from the outline of the left-side wing, plus some around both the arms.

Mightoon: could use some darker outline colors, especially on the lighter parts; the brown used on the rest of the outline would be perfect for that (though then that'd make the outline more or less all one color. Hmm). Also, that thick line on the back leg in the foreground seems out of place; I dunno whether or not that's supposed to be a stripe, but since there's nothing on the other back leg it does look awkward. ^_^;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back