• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    To Let everyone know, Im hosting the August Pixel Art Contest, and Im looking for 3 Judges.

They Need to Be:
    Experienced in the Pixel Art Field
    Liked, and Respected
    Fair
    Good Sense of Humor

If you wish to be a Judge for the contest, PM me, and I'll send you the test.

shrty55

ExcellentSpriter NotHacker
    Years
  • Sweet well I did this sprite in stages before I got it close to the way I want it.
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    to
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    to
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    to this one
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Jenvy

Gardevoir is the Disco Queen
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    Those sprites are good! The main thing I see wrong is the eye....it looks strange. Unless its supposed to look kind of posessed...there's just no pupil.

Years
  • It's amazing what insomnia can make a person do...

For some reason, I did a revamp earlier - of green version Mew, mostly to see if I could make it look better than it did.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Er, yeah, major revamp. Almost more along the lines of a scratch sprite (though not really) in a similar pose.

(The original sprite, just for comparison.)

Roy-Kun

t i t l e g o e s h e r e
    Years
  • Cowrie said:
    It's amazing what insomnia can make a person do...

For some reason, I did a revamp earlier - of green version Mew, mostly to see if I could make it look better than it did.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Er, yeah, major revamp. Almost more along the lines of a scratch sprite (though not really) in a similar pose.

(The original sprite, just for comparison.)

Looks good, though, i never liked the Pokémon Green sprites.

And sure, no one gives a heck to other sprites apart of Pokémon sprites, they must focus in other sprites, not only in Pokémon ones, and also, no one commented in my sprite/animation ¬¬

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Nice... Im loving it Cowie! I've Always been a Fan of All your Art. and no...It doesn't really matter that you changed some of it. In revamps you should have custom shading anyway.

Should I post the August Pixel Art contest threads now?

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    hey guys this is my first fakemon, i actually got the idea from latios and latios(idk y)
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    thnx, i was thinking now a luvdisc evo

Years
  • Red-Kun said:
    Looks good, though, i never liked the Pokémon Green sprites.

And sure, no one gives a heck to other sprites apart of Pokémon sprites, they must focus in other sprites, not only in Pokémon ones, and also, no one commented in my sprite/animation ¬¬
    I actually didn't see your animation before - I could've sworn that I didn't see a link in your post whenever I checked. ^_^; But I went back and checked, and I saw it now, so...

It looks good, as far as I can tell. No glaring errors or anything. Can't say much more than that, unfortunately, since I'm still unfamiliar with those kinds of sprites.

Jake said:
    hey guys this is my first fakemon, i actually got the idea from latios and latios(idk y)
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Simple, but decent; though it seems like it needs more in the way of either highlights or shading.

As for the outline, it needs a little more variation - some of the darkest green (or even black) against the shaded areas of the sprite ought to help with that.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    No I can't, but I can for an odd reason in Cowies Quoted section.

It looks Simple, and remember that the shading is in the TOP right hand corner. Youve sort of Got it at North East East, when it should be North East North. If that makes any sense.

A small, not much of Dithering could aid it, and the colours Don't seem to match the lightest shade used. Remember that there should be an extent of shadow in a sprite facing towards us directly on the right side, and a Use of Black would help on the Dark side of the sprite.

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • That looks really good mau! When I first saw it I thought it was from an offical screenshot. It'll probably look a lot better when it's animated.
    Well Done
    SG06

Years
  • @Mau: I've merged your thread into the Spriter's Showcase/Discussion thread, as you need four sprites in order to make a separate thread.

As for the icon itself, it's pretty good; the only thing that gets me is how large the head looks in proportion to the rest of the icon.

Years
  • Soniku said:
    thats the worst sprite Ive ever seen
    If you're going to give out criticism, then please give out constructive criticism, thanks. The kind of comment you made doesn't say at all what might be wrong with a sprite, and thus isn't helpful to others at all.

mau - Much better with the edited Diaruga. :) The Parukia's rather nice as well - I don't really see much that's off on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back