• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Why do you people think that the usage of filters and the like on your sprites are actually pixel work? Remember, pixel art requires you to focus on each individual pixel as you work, so the usage of such shortcuts isn't applicable to the definition at all.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    i don't rally know... maybe it's because, as i said, i suck at spriting? might that be an answer?

I always say "take what you can. if it's available to everyone, it's fair game." and since filters and the like are a default in programs like gimp, it's fair game.

Ky-nim

Like whoa.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    I rarely use filters because honestly, using soft shades on sprites give it a murky image. I hate that >:C

My new scratch - female trainer: CLICK AND SEE

C/C?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    i don't rally know... maybe it's because, as i said, i suck at spriting? might that be an answer?

I always say "take what you can. if it's available to everyone, it's fair game." and since filters and the like are a default in programs like gimp, it's fair game.
    Not really. Those filters no longer allow it to be an item of pixel art. Fair game doesn't apply, since pixel art is a defined artform, and using filters (or stuff like gradient tools or whatever), break it's rules.
    I rarely use filters because honestly, using soft shades on sprites give it a murky image. I hate that >:C

My new scratch - female trainer: CLICK AND SEE

C/C?
    Well it'd be a whole lot easier to crit if you didn't put an obtrusive watermark over the image D: Though I think her torso looks a bit long, as does her right arm. Furthermore, shouldn't her pants hug the outside of her legs and be hanging down on the inside?

But yeah, show us an unmarked version.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2017
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    could anyone make a trainer sprite for me?
    I want the hero/heroine from pokemon crystal need the for my game :D

Could anybody make overworlds of Silver out of Gold/Silver/Crystal?

people this is not a request thread, if you want to get a sprite done send a request via pm...

anyway here are my first two scratch trainers tell me wt you think
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    people this is not a request thread, if you want to get a sprite done send a request via pm...

anyway here are my first two scratch trainers tell me wt you think
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

First, work on hands. They're gigantic.
    Second, learn the style you're working with. If you're going to FR/LG, use some shading.

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
    Hi!,

i made this dp pokecenter in frlg style a couple of days ago, i putt the original next to it,
    so you can get an idea how it looks like in dp.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

please rate */10​

Last edited:

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Special Collage

Urgh... what sticks out the most is Blue's (the REAL one, the female) hat in FR/LG clothes covers half of her eyes and even if it didn't it would come out wrong.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2017
    looks really well done!
    even though, it seems you have different shading on the pumpkin and a different one on the body, the light source changes, i would fix that, if u dont know what i mean, PM me....

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    I like your pumpkin sprite and the colours. I think to help with shading colours using colours from original pokemon. :]

Opacus

PIXELS
    Years
    looks really well done!
    even though, it seems you have different shading on the pumpkin and a different one on the body, the light source changes, i would fix that, if u dont know what i mean, PM me....

I'm an experienced spriter, I know what you mean :)
    I don't really see the change in lightsource myself though. Could you point it out?

pachirisu200:
    That way won't learn me anything, will it? ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back