• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
Years
  • Input, please? I've got a sprite and an ever-so-slightly different version of it and I can't decide which is better.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Any other comments would be great, too.
    The 1st one looks better to me ;)
    I'm not as good as you are but I feel that last the two ball thingy on the right should be shaded a little more ;)

Critics on this:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Lebron James

Years
  • The 1st one looks better to me ;)
    I'm not as good as you are but I feel that last the two ball thingy on the right should be shaded a little more ;)

Critics on this:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Lebron James
    Thanks for the input. You're right about the shading. I missed that completely.

Some of the dithering on this looks pretty rough. I'm talking about the cheek where it's almost entirely surrounded. It seems kind of odd that you only have it there and on the nose.

In the lower right corner (his left side) his face looks too large, as in his cheek/jaw area extends out farther than you would expect. I can't say I know what he actually looks like, but I feel pretty confident saying that you should push that side of the face in more.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • This is my first time scratching and theese are 2 wip sprites that im trying. though the colored one might be finished. the just line art is a ferret xD

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years
  • @ 8 clock:
    I think your post belongs in the Sprite Recolors and Fusions thread.

here are a few sprites i edited
    my diglet, magnamite w/magnaton magnets, eevee, ditto and some fakemon pea thing that i made really fast:

Spriters Showcase Thread Spriters Showcase Thread Spriters Showcase Thread Spriters Showcase Thread Spriters Showcase Thread
    Magnemite: See? I can raise my arms!
    Arms??
    Magnemites doesn't have arms! (cold joke...)

Your peas to tell the truth, looks like executes but re colored and reordered... :\
    Digglet's fine ;)
    Really, for the first time, magnemite's magnets can move!
    The magnemite's two screws on the bottom aren't centered.... try to make it like this: (O=screw, _=blank, X= eye)
    __O__
    __X__
    _O_O_
    Ditto's fine but a little wierd :D (Ditto: see?! I have arms!)
    Ur eevee's shading needs a little work. It's front left legs upper part should be shaded 'cos its white fur is covering it's body.
    Overall, not bad ;)
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
  • This is my first time scratching and theese are 2 wip sprites that im trying. though the colored one might be finished. the just line art is a ferret xD
    I can't say much about your outline since it's a very early WIP. The ferret one though I would say is not done yet since it's lacking in some basic anatomy (pupil for the eye, limbs). As for how it's sprited (sprote?) I'd suggest you add lighter outlines in places to further the shading along. Some of the outline is also a little rocky, such as the along the back. It undulates kind of like this /\/\/\ though not as exaggerated as that.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

want feedback on it,it's a 100% scratch Wingull. :3
    I'm liking the Wingull. It's got nice shading and a fun pose with those curved wings. The water is also nicely done, but to me it looks more like water you'd see in a pool (it's the pattern of light reflecting off it, I think) than something spraying outward. It also feels like I'm looking at the water from one angle and the Wingull from another, like I'm standing off to the right when looking at the water and to the left for the bird. Also, I think being able to see so much of the white foamy part of the water makes it look like you're seeing it more from the top while you're clearly seeing the Wingull from the side.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • Okay, I was bored and decided t try scratch spriting. o.o;
    Erm, here's my first attempt. I've tried fixing it up as much as possible before posting it here. XD

Spriters Showcase Thread

Torboise - The Iron Shell PokéMon. o.o!

Years
  • I really should post some work sooner or later, but I guess I'll help some people out first.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

how's this?
    Cool looking.
    I think the shading should be different though. The tail looks like it's giving of sparks or something, so, the lightest shade should be closer to the tail, and the other shades move further away from the tail. I dunno if it's just me, but I think there's a lot of sparks/yellow dots around the tail. Maybe try to take some out? The yellow parts of the sprite need more than just one colored outline. Maybe add some darker yellow outlines to it. I think that's all I have for ya. ^..^;;
    Okay, I was bored and decided t try scratch spriting. o.o;
    Erm, here's my first attempt. I've tried fixing it up as much as possible before posting it here. XD

Spriters Showcase Thread

Torboise - The Iron Shell PokéMon. o.o!
    No nostrils?
    I think it could use the nostrils. Just because, I think it looks really plain and flat without it. =o Hmm, as for outline, the top of the shell can definitely use some lighter shades of outlines. Especially since the lightest shades or at the top of the shell. The feet and hand need some black outline. In my opinion, the sprite is flat. Some places need more or less shading. Hmm, I think what would make the shell look less flat is maybe add a pattern? Like a real tortoise/turtle. The eyes are nice, did you scratch them? Or, did you copy from another sprite? Overall, I like it, it's just flat, that's all, and could use some help on the outlines. ^..^;

MasterSceptile

Pokémon Master/Glitch Hunter
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 9, 2019
    Here's my first shot at spriting anything. Here's my trainer:

Spriters Showcase Thread

I'll admit that it is not entirely made from scratch. The hand holding the PokéBall is taken from the HGSS Red sprite and the hat is a recolor (or rather just a color in general) of the hat worn by Red in the original Red and Green japanese games.

I'll say it right now, I can't shade to save my life. Constructive comments are wanted as I wish to make more trainer sprites!!!

MasterSceptile

Years
  • water
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Grass
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

can some rate these? Lol
    If I'm not mistaken those water ones haven't changed since you first posted them. I could be wrong though.

Among your grass ones the third is by far the most detailed, perhaps in part because you have a Hoppip leaf and what look like Raichu tail tips, but putting that aside the third one has, on the whole, more consistent shading than the others. There are still areas where it could improve. You give the nose a full dark outline while the face is mostly empty of dark outlines, for instance.

As far as the designs go, they are good, but could be a little clearer in what they're depicting. The first one's head - I'm not sure if it's meant to look like a leaf or a flower bud, but it looks a little like a ski mask because of the vertical lines. The second one's face has a simple nose and mouth and while there's nothing wrong with that per se the fact that they're drawn in black and that they look flat (rather than, say, from an angle) gives it a cartoonish feel.

Anyway, keep at it. You're getting better.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

These aren't mine, they were made for me by Pokemon-Diamond. I just want peoples views on the quality of them. They're babies, not bad revamps btw.

Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

These aren't mine, they were made for me by Pokemon-Diamond. I just want peoples views on the quality of them. They're babies, not bad revamps btw.
    Quality? High. First, they resemble the pokemon they're based on without being outright copies. The larger heads in proportion to the bodies give them more of a 'cute' and baby-like. Obviously the colors are good since they seem taken directly from official sprites. The shading is also quite good, though I think some of the lighting on the baby Onix could be less from above and a little more from the side and I wonder why there is a little break in the dithering with the lighting on the baby Sneasel's head. All in all, very good.

Inv4sion

A weakling I see, what a pity.
    Years
  • @ 8 clock:
    I think your post belongs in the Sprite Recolors and Fusions thread.

here are a few sprites i edited
    my diglet, magnamite w/magnaton magnets, eevee, ditto and some fakemon pea thing that i made really fast:
    Those look more like splices than like Spritings. Wait NvM just 1st one.
    Others are just revamps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back