• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

Well I followed your advice and this is what I got. I might clean up the first sprite's tail and darken up it's outline (I didn't know which fire sprite you were talking about so I went with this). I also made the eyes and mouth visible as well. Finally, I edited the grass type's back so it won't look flat.

Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

Well I followed your advice and this is what I got. I might clean up the first sprite's tail and darken up it's outline (I didn't know which fire sprite you were talking about so I went with this). I also made the eyes and mouth visible as well. Finally, I edited the grass type's back so it won't look flat.
    The fire mouse was the one I was talking about, yes. I thought that you could get a little curve in the tail, which you have now and it looks good. Only now the fire is kind of upside down since fire always burns upward. I like the face you added to it, but shouldn't there be more white in the eye?

Shadowyxz

Insert title here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    This sprite is not my design but it is a scratch so any comments?
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Original design from DeviantArt
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • This sprite is not my design but it is a scratch so any comments?
    Spriters Showcase Thread

It looks too flat to me.

You'll need to replace some outline to baclk on the dark parts. You'll also need to darken your shading,the base colour and the shade colour hues are too close,you'll need to darken the shade colour. The eyes look decent but it could be brighter. The flame on the tail could be bigger.

Shadowyxz

Insert title here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    well i did everything you mentioned i improved on the shading to give it more shape, i brightened the eyes and fixed some of the outline shading.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
  • very much improvement but I still think the shading could do some more work. You need more contrast:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Here's a supporting image i quickly made.
    The top one has low contrast as the bottom has more contrast.
    The top one isn't that great since the colours are too related, the bottom one on the other hand is much better as it shows better depth than the top circle.

Shadowyxz

Insert title here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    well i brightened up the colors to make the difference more noticable
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Also i made another where the colors on the head are not so bright
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
  • I think the first one is much better. Now I think you could add some black outline on it's back where the flame is since it still lacks some more black outline.

Shadowyxz

Insert title here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    well i put a little bit of black where i thought there would be less light

Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
  • You'll need some more black outline,I also recommend making the brown outline more darker. so it blends less with the third shade.
    You'll need to add some black outline more at the back,at the back of the leg and feet(where the shaded parts are).

Shadowyxz

Insert title here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    well i darkened the outlines to a darker brown and added some black under the foot and some on the back
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
  • It looks very much improved now, I think the only thing you need to fix is the lineart on it's left ear(our right) and I think lighten up the bright yellow on it's underside. The ear looks quite jagged,you should change it to more of a curve. Here's something to help:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Shadowyxz

Insert title here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    ok jagged ear fixed and i brightened up the yellow as much as i could
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    So I've been working on a few custom sprites for my hack-in-progress (Pokemon: Orange Islands) and along the way I decided to do Sir Aaron. Since I'm new to spriting any and all criticism is appreciated. And feel free to use them if you want, but please give credit. To create this I pretty much used Riley, Lance, and Steven HG SS OWs. There might be a couple blocks of red where there shouldn't be but for the most part they are done.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Years

• His backsprite and side sprite could be more fixed. His backsprite looks smaller than his original front sprite,their size should be quite consistent. As for the side-view of the sprite,it sort of disturbs me in a way. I think it's his head. :/

@Shadow
    I think you're quite completed that sprite.There might be some things i'm missing though,you can also add some black outline on it's right ear(our left). Preferably the outline that is touching the dark parts of the ear and possibly the back.

Shadowyxz

Insert title here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    once again ive made a sprite off of an image found while browsing deviantart

Original Image
    Spoiler:

Im having trouble figuring out where to put the brighter shade on the body, also suggestions on how to improve would help.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:

Shadowyxz

Insert title here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    does it look good here? also i added some shading on the head.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back