• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ger345

Im just like that.
Years
  • I finally decided to take another shot at this.
    I made a new sprite.
    His name is either Charost (Pronounced:Char-oh-st)or Flarost (Pronounced:Flare-oh-st)
    Here he is:
    picture.php

The grey one is normal and the purple one is shiny.
    He is a Fire/Ghost type.
    Im thinking about making an evo for him.
    If you say hes bad, I understand. Hes not to good, I know that for sure.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Updated my badges, using the actual sprites from the game as a reference, rather than fan art that apparently someone snuck onto bulbapedia a bit ago, -.-;

34gt2kj.png

Again, critique is welcome. :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Updated my badges, using the actual sprites from the game as a reference, rather than fan art that apparently someone snuck onto bulbapedia a bit ago, -.-;

34gt2kj.png

Again, critique is welcome. :)

The Trio Badge is great! Personally, I think the Basic Badge should be a bit more purple, as it looks quite red (to me, anyway) at the moment. The Insect Badge and Bolt Badge look great, too. So does the Quake Badge, although the blue spot doesn't really stand out, and it looks a bit... crowded. The Jet Badge just looks wierd imo, and not much like the official one. The Icicle Badge doesn't look too good, but then again, I never liked the official one and it looks as close to the original badge as you can get. The Legend Badge is amazing too. :)

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • The Trio Badge is great! Personally, I think the Basic Badge should be a bit more purple, as it looks quite red (to me, anyway) at the moment. The Insect Badge and Bolt Badge look great, too. So does the Quake Badge, although the blue spot doesn't really stand out, and it looks a bit... crowded. The Jet Badge just looks wierd imo, and not much like the official one. The Icicle Badge doesn't look too good, but then again, I never liked the official one and it looks as close to the original badge as you can get. The Legend Badge is amazing too. :)

If I might ask, other than being slanted, what's different with the Jet Badge? If you slant the official one, that's what I based it on, not a straight up and down one.

And the Quake Badge is a bit crowded to begin with. It really doesn't have a lot of gold on it, even in it's official sprite. Any ideas on how to improve that, other than the blue spot?

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Badges.png

Changed the colors to be from the actual sprites, rather than the fan art I found and had used. (It made the Blue on the quake badge pop more, and it got rid of the red and purple on said badge, to the neutral brown and grey they were supposed to be, which may have been what caused it to look crowded)

Redid the Jet Badge completely to try to make it more feather like. And honestly, that's the last time I'm redoing that badge, XD

So, opinions?

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I think it was just the blue spot that needed to be redone on the Quake badge as yes, it is crowded anyway. XD Also, the Jet Badge looks much better. it just didn't look very feathery before.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Compilation of characters I'm preparing for my game. Critique is welcome.

compilation001.PNG

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    i think the overworld sprites are a little wide, but they look great overall

Really? The overworlds are just very highly edited HGSS or DPP overworld sprites (no width changes for any), I wouldn't think they'd be too wide.

Compilation of characters I'm preparing for my game. Critique is welcome.

compilation001.PNG

Building on this, I've made a vs. sprite for one of them. Keep in mind I see vs. sprites a major spriting weakness of mine. As with most my sprites, it is a highly edited version of an official sprite/s. Though I could really use some constructive criticism on this because its my weakness.

ProfileMale.png

Collen

I have returned.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    ^Wow... those are all very good, but I think the Pokeball in the girl's hand looks oddly positioned. I think my favorite is the boy in the middle. Is he the male player character?

Before:
    Spr_2s_019.png

After:
    rattatarevamp1.png

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • Pokemon B/W Lucas/Dawn Backsprites

I think that the female one sucks. okay, these are at ATTACHMENTS

Credit before using =)
    cuz these are HARD work ones

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    They're both not very good, man.

You've tried to splice (In Dawn's case) and edit the two characters' sprites together but all the areas you've had to recolour and re-draw have been done very poorly.

You need to learn how to draw and sprite better before attempting something like this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Dawn's head kinda looks dislodged ._. (obvious signs of splices)
    And Lucas' hair just seems un-him

Rossay

Quack quack
    Years
  • These are really poor attempts. You've tried to super impose the pixel art styled GEN4 backsprites ontop of the non-pixel art styled GEN5 backsprites and then colour in the parts that didnt fit together yourself.

It's really nice that you seem determined to try and contribute something to the community but in future, how about improving your art skills first and then contributing something of value that people might actually use.

Serris

The Constant
    Years
  • Not only are all the posts above mine good examples of critique, but there's more that can be added. there are empty pixel everywhere inside the body of the sprite, which does not give a nice look to it at all. And in areas you have changed, you haven't even attempted to adjust the shading pattern, giving flatten impressions on some of the body parts and accessories (mainly Dawn's arm and the vest you gave her). Along with that, you have attempted scratching, so that I can kind of commend you on, but what has happened as a result is you've left the outline of Lucas' beret as black; there's no anti-aliasing to show depth or even to compliment that shading, which it the main purpose of the outline's anti-aliasing. And in some areas (Lucas' scarf), there is now outline. there are a lot of things that can be improved on your sprites, so try and take the critique that has been given to you and work off it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Lucas' arm is a particularly noticeable problem - not only is the colour inconsistent between his arm and the original hand (and the visible skin on his face), you've drawn a perfectly straight arm in place of the original sprite where his elbow was slightly bent, without changing the position or angle of his hand. So he's now got a short arm along with an uncomfortable looking bend in his wrist.

Years
  • Merged to Spriter's Showcase thread. The critique from the posts above are very great, so I suggest you read it once or twice and follow it to hone your skills.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I made a Pixel over from a screen cap of an episode, take a look;
    ouiylh.png

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Havent seen you in a while mew :3
    Anyways, I dont think using a brush in paint counts as a pixel over~
    Looks good, but the shading needs work