• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Square-Enix Fan Club

Cid

Years
  • Too lazy to get sea salt from a grocery store that has them available. A friend suggested that I use iodized salt that we already have, but that beats the point of sea salt ice cream, huh?

No sea salt ice cream for me, until I get some. I'll just resort to watch Roxas and co. eating them, then.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • I made sea salt ice cream with my friend once. The first time we put too much salt it eradicated the sweetness and was horrible. The second time, we got the amount of salt perfect, and it was EPICNESS! X3

Cid

Years
  • I made sea salt ice cream with my friend once. The first time we put too much salt it eradicated the sweetness and was horrible. The second time, we got the amount of salt perfect, and it was EPICNESS! X3
    Mmm...

It sounds like it would taste so good. Awesome time you must have had then. :)

Oh, and speaking of sea salt ice cream, what do you guys think of it appearing for two KH games already? (KH2 and Days, both appearances paired with the Clock Tower)

Do you reckon it's starting to get a little overused? My friend thinks that, though I didn't mind...that is, until it appears in another game again being shared by another batch of characters. That would be too much. >_>

Though when you think about it, the same applies to the main character, Sora, (though in a greater degree) being used in all but two games so far. Hope they don't milk the series too much, judging from Nomura's recent interview answers of planned releases of new games, and of Sora being the main protagonist in all KH games.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Nomura just wanted sea-salt ice cream to be a theme in the series to show friendship or something, iirc. I feel it's a bit overused as well but it could be worse. I'm only sick of it because you see it every day in 358/2. @_@; That and the clock tower was just so annoying by the end. *sigh*

But I don't really mind its use--I'd be fine if it showed up later on as a homage to its earlier use but not as a main plot device anymore. x_X

Sliiiight BBS spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
  • But I don't really mind its use--I'd be fine if it showed up later on as a homage to its earlier use but not as a main plot device anymore. x_X

Calling it now. Next KH game is going to be a side game revolving around the life of the sea salt ice cream stick that Axel found in an envelope.

KH: Birth by Sweets

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I noticed the other day that the struggle bats used in KH2 have a very similar colour scheme to bars of sea salt ice cream...

I'mma let you finish Riolu, but Terra's Pants would make the best KH spin-off of all time. |:

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
  • I noticed the other day that the struggle bats used in KH2 have a very similar colour scheme to bars of sea salt ice cream...

I'mma let you finish Riolu, but Terra's Pants would make the best KH spin-off of all time. |:

Wow! 0_0 They do! Nice find.

Kanye ftw

And yes, Terra's Pants would make the best spin-off, but they are too epic for today's game systems to handle. Maybe a Playstation16 could handle it.

wee187

Years
  • I think I'm the only one who never got tired of the Clock Tower cutscenes in Days. They were some of the best cutscenes in the game!

Ice Cream in Kingdom Hearts is like Moogles in Final Fantasy, it's sort of become a staple. :3

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • If ice cream = Moogles, then Terra's Pants = Chocobos.

Kweh!

I got tired of Xion in Days. Don't get me wrong, I like her character a lot more than say, Kairi or Namine, but I thought Days was supposed to be Roxas' game; it kinda felt like she was the main character. x_x;

wee187

Years
  • And there is no recipe to make a Paopu Fruit, while there are many for SeaSalt Ice Cream.

Watch, KH3 will have Paopu-flavored ice cream, colored in bright yellow-pink, with a shade of.... Terra's Pants!

I'm not taking that too far at all.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I hope Sora will share a paopu fruit with Kairi in KH3. I thought they would in KH1 but they never did and I thought they would in KH2 but they didn't in that game either.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yeah they kind of... forgot about the paopu fruit motif in KH2. @_@

I'm thinking it'll be important again in the next game though.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • That's because Sora totally ditched Kairi for Riku! c:

I kid, I kid. XD Though, paopu fruits don't necessarily mean romance. o: I'm not saying that they shouldn't, but:

Spoiler:

(I dunno if that warranted spoiler tags, but I just wanna be safe. ._.; )

Back