• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Square-Enix Fan Club

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    I've been playing FFIX, FFVII. Even tho I have VIII I havent played it.

And I've been really craving to play Re:CoM, Idk why xD.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Just beat Birth By Sleep with Aqua n_n

I have to admit, I didn't like her in the beginning because her physical attacks were so weak, but by the end she was a much better character than Terra. Totally enjoyed playing as her, it's such a shame that the two last bosses were such a pain to deal with :(
    Now I'll finish the game with Ventus and then I'll probably move onto Kingdom Hearts 1.

ソラ

Years
    Just beat Birth By Sleep with Aqua n_n

I have to admit, I didn't like her in the beginning because her physical attacks were so weak, but by the end she was a much better character than Terra. Totally enjoyed playing as her, it's such a shame that the two last bosses were such a pain to deal with :(
    Now I'll finish the game with Ventus and then I'll probably move onto Kingdom Hearts 1.
    Did you collect the Xehanort Reports? I mean all of them to get last episode?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    You should do it because it makes Aqua even more epic. :>

I finally beat my LV1 run of BBS. xD; Taking a bit of a KH break before I go ahead and try out the extra bosses on a normal run.

In the mean time, I'm trudging through a new game+ of Final Fantasy X-2. I finally got my percent up to 100% so when I beat the game, I'll get the perfect ending. <3

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Ah, FFX-2. That game was... charming. xD;
    It was quite a nice spinoff, and I donno. I liked it. I guess I would say it was quite cute for a game, disregarding the character designs. xDD;;

Cherrim

Years
    After XIII, I think X-2 has my favourite battle system of all the FFs I've played. n__n It's so much fun.

The plot is ridiculous though, and they kind of ruined (or too harshly changed) Yuna's character. Character designs are good, imo, but they just don't fit and they're SO obviously just fanservice that it's a little uncomfortable at times...

But it's still tons of fun to play. @_@;

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

Did you collect the Xehanort Reports? I mean all of them to get last episode?

Not yet I don't think, I still need to finish Ventus's chapter and find out any I may have missed on the way with Aqua and Terra; hopefully there's not a point of no return for them.

And the Final Fantasy Type-0 site was recently put up! Here it is for anyone that missed it.

Link

It's coming out in Summer 2011 for Japan for the PSP.

Here's some gamplay information for anyone that wasn't checking the game out.
    Spoiler:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    Now that I'm finished with my work, I can check the link out that you sent me. :D

Dragon Quest(/Warrior) is a really good series, though I've only played IV, VIII and IX. (VIII is definitely my favourite, I spent an entire summer playing it and the vastness of the world was unlike any other RPG I'd played up until then.) Though the puns... Ahhhh...

And I agree with Lightning about X-2; battle system is my favourite out of all of the ones I've played, but everything else... Meh. Even Yuna's voice actress sounded uncomfortable to me. =/

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    i love kh and ff, i like the story and battle system

i pretty much waiting kh 3d

if possible can i make a topic?

ソラ

Years
    https://the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm said:
    Hideo Kojima revealed in his Twitter page that himself, Tetsuya Nomura, Yoichi Wada (Square Enix CEO) and Yoji Shinkawa (Metal Gear art director) had dinner yesterday and they talked about Final Fantasy VII remake. Kojima told Nomura to remake FFVII, and release Kingdom Hearts 3D. He also told Wada that he's waiting for Seiken Densetsu [Secret of Mana] 5.

https://the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

So like there might be a FFVII remake. Nomura hasnt agreed on it yet (from what i heard)

Cid

Years

Hideo Kojima revealed in his Twitter page that himself, Tetsuya Nomura, Yoichi Wada (Square Enix CEO) and Yoji Shinkawa (Metal Gear art director) had dinner yesterday and they talked about Final Fantasy VII remake. Kojima told Nomura to remake FFVII, and release Kingdom Hearts 3D. He also told Wada that he's waiting for Seiken Densetsu [Secret of Mana] 5.

So like there might be a FFVII remake. Nomura hasnt agreed on it yet (from what i heard)

Oh my goodness. I haven't posted here for awhile but that is just wonderful news! <3
    I was definitely waiting for Seiken Densetsu 5 to show up in an E3, and I actually hoped that it would show up this year. If Wada has started the project under tight wraps, then I hope some light is shed very soon (please, if it makes E3, then that'd be wonderful, because I loved SoM and Seiken Densetsu 3). After replaying FFVII too, I'm also very excited to hear that they haven't forgotten about remaking FFVII! And lastly, I want to say to Nomura that I want my Kingdom Hearts 3D news, now (or i can wait until E3 2011, I just wish they'd reveal more by then, because come on, I survived months deprived of KH news). Pretty please? :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024

The main thing that's keeping me away from playing FFVII is its graphics. I can play NES and SNES games without being bothers. but FFVII's graphics bother me for some reason. If it gets remade onto the 3DS or something, I'd really love it. It's a great game, from what I've heard.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

Final Fantasy XIV has already hit Square Enix's wallet for massive damage, so I doubt that the remake would be occurring anytime soon.

To be completely honest, I care more about the 5 new IPs that Square Enix is making in response to their huge financial losses.

ソラ

Years

Final Fantasy XIV has already hit Square Enix's wallet for massive damage, so I doubt that the remake would be occurring anytime soon.

To be completely honest, I care more about the 5 new IPs that Square Enix is making in response to their huge financial losses.
    FF7. Not 14. >.> you probably read it wrong and Nomura wasnt on 14.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    I'm guessing he was trying to say that with the fail that was XIV, SE may not have the money at the moment to undertake an additional and HUGE a project as a VII remake.

Cherrim

Years
    As far as I know, they do want to remake VII eventually (of course they do! Everyone would buy it!) but like Stand Alone said, it's just too big a project. SE isn't really doing all that well right now financially and VII would take forever to redo. They'd need to reroute a lot of their dev teams to it and after XIII took like... 5 years to produce, I don't think they'd manage VII from scratch anytime soon. And they simply can't afford to put their teams on a project like that right now. :(

Cid

Years
    Sigh...so much for my initial hype. '~'

At least Type-0's looking good. Rem and Queen remind me of a few distinct characters in the FF series that I like. I hope they release an English trailer of it soon, including more news and character reveals. Maybe in E3 2011? And I wish for more KH3D news, too, of course, along with (maybe) Seiken Densetsu 5.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Quite a few sources say they won't remake VII but just build on the franchise for now. Given their track record lately, let's not ruin their most positive memorable moments.

FF13 took that long cause they keep changing their minds on what to do, and I don't know who made those calls or why it happened. It was initially for PS2, then swapping the stuff they've done already to PS3 is one disastrous and time consuming work. The same type of indecisiveness is kinda evident in FF12 as well, switching from traditional turn-based ATB system to the offline-MMO battle system... changing director so they had a half-done plot only and whatnot...

As much as I grew up with Square and Enix when they are separate, they really aren't pulling out any quality products for a very long time... really need some major restructuring of who's calling the shots within the company.

As for their money, I personally find it hilarious to look at the graph of their stock market value since FF12 and FF14 XD;

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Quite a few sources say they won't remake VII but just build on the franchise for now. Given their track record lately, let's not ruin their most positive memorable moments.

Bah, get out. Crisis Core was a fine addition to the FF7 universe.

And someone mentioned it, but I don't think anyone linked it. So here's the Type-0 trailer.

Back