• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SquareEnix Answers: FFVII remake response.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Guess what? I enjoyed it. I thought it was a spectacular game, and so did thousands of other people.

Well, sadly you are right. The game won awards for its song, 'Eyes on Me' and it is loved and cosplayed by countless fans... many of whom have actually spent years on it refining their techniques to enable them to beat the game faster, and with more limits to what they can and can't do. I even watched part of a GF only Let's Play of it, where the LPer went totally bat---- insane toward the end, over a boss he was having trouble with. The first video of the fight was kind of funny. By the third and fourth video, it had become tragic. By the fifth video, I was simply looking for a Retsuprae.

I just think there's better games for people to spend their time on... like the Suikoden series, which is really awesome. Or Final Fantasy VII. Granted, that's been played to death by fans already, but we're still posting topics about remakes. That should tell you something.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    There's nothing wrong with me liking FF8. It's certainly not "sad," as you put it. I don't think anyone's in a position to determine what we should or should not be playing, TVYM. :/

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    If you don't like it, don't buy it. There's nothing compelling you to buy every re-release. People (including me) buy re-releases because they want to; what's wrong with putting something out there that people want to play?
    There's nothing wrong with a rerelease, but 6 releases? Come on, that's ridiculous.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    There's nothing wrong with a rerelease, but 6 releases? Come on, that's ridiculous.

Which game? Because FFVII's had about half a re-release up to this point (a half, because the PSN FFVII is just downloading FFVII via PSN, so it doesn't count as a full re-release because there isn't really anything new). If they remake it on a next-gen console, I'd probably still buy it. Sure it's cheesy and cliche ridden, but so are all the great games. I bought the remake of Wild Arms. And it's awesome, proving that remakes can work if done right.

As for FFVI, the DS version will likely be the first time that I've legitimately owned the game since the PSX version, and I can't stand the long load times between battles in that version (and my SNES version is still MIA, hence the reason I got the PSX version; I really didn't care about FFV). I did get the GBA version, for a dollar at MME, but I don't even know if it's legit or not, because a dollar for a GBA RPG seems too good to be true. I got it anyway, because FFVI is my all time favorite FF game (far as I can tell, it's the real game)...

blink.

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    It was the first 3D Final Fantasy, and for it's time, was revolutionary./QUOTE]

This times this times this plz. Every game in a series that jumped from 2d to 3d is glorified. 7 is no better than any other game in the series, it was just groundbreaking at the time and everyone loved that. if you think about it, 6 & 7 are essentially the same game. evil empire = shinra / the returners = avalanche / kefka destroying the world = sephiroth destroying the world. The only differenece is that kefka's a badass on a scale of one to badass and sephiroth is a one.

twocows

Years
    This times this times this plz. Every game in a series that jumped from 2d to 3d is glorified. 7 is no better than any other game in the series, it was just groundbreaking at the time and everyone loved that. if you think about it, 6 & 7 are essentially the same game. evil empire = shinra / the returners = avalanche / kefka destroying the world = sephiroth destroying the world. The only differenece is that kefka's a badass on a scale of one to badass and sephiroth is a one.
    Sephiroth is plenty badass. Go whine about how overrated the game is elsewhere, kthx. I played FF7 years after its release, after having played plenty of other 3D games, and I still found it to be one of the best games of all time. So basically, you're full of crap.

blink.

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Sephiroth is plenty badass. Go whine about how overrated the game is elsewhere, kthx. I played FF7 years after its release, after having played plenty of other 3D games, and I still found it to be one of the best games of all time. So basically, you're full of crap.
    I don't think you realize how much you come off as a whiny fan boy in this post. You're liking of sephiroth is just that, YOURS. don't come whining and *****ing at me because I dont like him, not everybody shares youre tasteless opinion. how can you comment on my post, calling it whiny, when thats all yours is, just on the other side of the fence. PROTIP: think before you post, it does wonders.

edit; reading your usertitle right after your post = HILARIOUS

blink.

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    You didn't make a single point there.
    I made a point, and it still stands tall. if you can't prove that your post wasn't like mine, if not exactly, then my point will continue to stand. you see, you dont try and call someone out by doing the exact same thing they did.

This is a FF7 thread, not a "hate on FF7" thread, and that's still true.
    nah bro, this was a thread about a ffvii remake and our feelings on the game. You posted your opinion, great. I proceeded to post my opinion and you got all butthurt. That's your problem, not mine. bring it up with staff if need be.

twocows

Years
    Just recently in late August of 2009 at a Germany gaming convention, website VG247 asked Square Producers Yoshi Kitase and Motomu Toriyama the big question on many game player's minds;
    Will Final Fantasy VII ever be brought back to life?

They responded with a surprisingly positive and hope bringing response, stating that there is no team developing or project development yet, but they discuss a remake very often.
    Final Fantasy VII is a big deal to the team.

Again, while no team is working on producing a remake currently, it is being discussed a lot between the producers at Square.
    They also responded saying that just recently the original FFVII was resleased for purchase on PSN, "so if you could play that for the time being, it should be fun."

OFFICIAL ARTICLE

============================================================

It's very odd, I found this recent article on accident.
    Me and my cousin just started separate files on FFVII last Friday and we were googling locations of weapons, and I accidentally found this.

A great game in my opinion that deserves to get a revamp. Some others will disagree and say FFVI or something deserves a remake, but we all know which game would get the remake first here. x]

It would be nice to get some voice acting and a nicer look at everything from modern day graphics.

nah bro, this was a thread about a ffvii remake and our feelings on the game. You posted your opinion, great. I proceeded to post my opinion and you got all butthurt. That's your problem, not mine. bring it up with staff if need be.
    I didn't see anything there asking what you thought of FF7.

I made a point, and it still stands tall. if you can't prove that your post wasn't like mine, if not exactly, then my point will continue to stand. you see, you dont try and call someone out by doing the exact same thing they did.
    Your "point" was that FF7 was overrated because it was 3D, and every game that makes the transition to 3D game is glorified. I shot it down with a simple counterexample; how does that make me a "whiny fanboy" with a "tasteless opinion?"

Also, if you keep flaming, I'll stop responding. I'm keeping it civil, I'd appreciate it if you do the same. Or, you know, you can take your crap elsewhere.

blink.

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    I didn't see anything there asking what you thought of FF7.
    So why do you keep telling me about how you like ffvii so much? if it isnt asking for your opinion plz stop shoving it down my throat. see it works both ways bro. except it, its terrifyingly hard for a thread to exist without peoples opinions on the topic being thrown in. my bad for assuming it was in the first post, although really its just common knowledge.
    Your "point" was that FF7 was overrated because it was 3D, and every game that makes the transition to 3D game is glorified. I shot it down with a simple counterexample;

You're counterexample was telling me that sephiroth was badass, and that the game was good. that's your opinion, yes? therefore you're doing exactly what i did, you are posting your opinion. if my posting my opinion is whining to you, then why isnt yours?

how does that make me a "whiny fanboy" with a "tasteless opinion?"

look above.
    Also, if you keep flaming, I'll stop responding. I'm keeping it civil, I'd appreciate it if you do the same. Or, you know, you can take your crap elsewhere.
    I dont flame sorry broskii.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Give it a rest, both of you. If you've got an issue you'd like to discuss, do it via PM/VM. Not in here.

twocows

Years
    So why do you keep telling me about how you like ffvii so much?
    If there's a discussion about what the best part of Ocarina of Time was, and you come in saying "OoT was stupid," you're going to get a few people calling you out, even though the thread isn't really asking opinions of OoT (it's just discussing it). That's all I did.

You're counterexample was telling me that sephiroth was badass, and that the game was good. that's your opinion, yes? therefore you're doing exactly what i did, you are posting your opinion. if my posting my opinion is whining to you, then why isnt yours?
    No, that wasn't my counter-example. You said people only liked the game because it was 3D, which was something that hadn't been seen in a FF game before. I find it to be one of the best games ever, despite having played other 3D FF games before it, which is proof that its 3D-ness is not the only reason people liked the game.

Edit:
    Give it a rest, both of you. If you've got an issue you'd like to discuss, do it via PM/VM. Not in here.
    OK.

blink.

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    If there's a discussion about what the best part of Ocarina of Time was, and you come in saying "OoT was stupid," you're going to get a few people calling you out, even though the thread isn't really asking opinions of OoT (it's just discussing it). That's all I did.
    so because my opinion isnt that of what you want to hear its not worth posting, just because you dont like it? wow, thats rather restricting now isnt it? do by chance happen to live in russia? your posting style would make a lot more sense if you did.

No, that wasn't my counter-example. You said people only liked the game because it was 3D, which was something that hadn't been seen in a FF game before. I find it to be one of the best games ever, despite having played other 3D FF games before it, which is proof that its 3D-ness is not the only reason people liked the game.
    Sure, YOU have played other 3d ff games before vii, but does that account for the vast majority of others? youre just one statistic in a sea of millions, it seems like you hold yourself highly, don't you? regardless, if you made a poll asking ff fans if they'd played ffvii before ffviii etc, the answer would "MOST LIKELY" be that theyd played vii first.

Also sure klippy, this is it.

Back