• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SSBB: Pokémon needs noticing a bit more!

Will Lucario be in Brawl?

• Definitely!

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Most Likely!

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Probably Not!

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • Highly Unlikely!

Votes: 29 28.7%

• Total voters

Gyoka

Metamaster - Lvl 1 Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Does anyone else think that lucario is going to be in brawl? I feel that he will be and will be similar to Mewtwo from Melee.

Last edited:

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
    Years
    I'd like to think that he will be present in Brawl, yes.

However, I get the feel he won't be. And that the main Pokemon featured in it will be the R/S/E set. Which is lame, as some of the new ones would look amazing in SSBB. It would certainly help increase people's awareness pf Pokemon D/P...not that the games need any more advertisement.

ConfusedOne

Strength In Wisdom... I Think?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2009
    I'd love for Lucario to be in Brawl.

To take a game like Smash which I'm already an avid fan and player of and to throw in Lucario who is indeed one of my favorite Pokemon... wow. One can only imagine the possibilities.
    I already know I'd use Lucario and try to master his moves.

I did the same with Mewtwo when I first unlocked him for Melee. I was telling myself that he was horrible long ago and now... I find Mewtwo to be a weapon of choice for me when I play Melee against friends. Hopefully, I'll do the same for Lucario but just always like what he is capable of.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    probably not. i mean, he's cool but chances are they'll throw in a legend or something, not lucario

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Can't say for sure, but Lucario's the right size and has enough personality and appeal to be in Brawl.

ConfusedOne

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2009
    Can't say for sure, but Lucario's the right size and has enough personality and appeal to be in Brawl.

All good reasons why Lucario should be in Brawl.
    I'll give more.

He is a fighting type. Why not put him in a game entitled "Brawl".
    He could use Aura Sphere just like Mewtwo was able to use Shadow Ball in Melee.
    Looking at his stats and moves in something like D/P, you would think he could be highly physical right? Thats an attribute perfect for Brawl.
    As far as a special move goes... I can imagine Lucario unleashing a massive Aura Sphere or Focus Blast on his opponents.

All in all, I think this Pokemon has all the key assets not only be a playable character in Brawl, but also to be a major powerhouse in it.

A Super Smash Bros/Lucario fan has spoken. Give the people what they want =P

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    It's not going to be because SSBB is about the last generation (GameCube + GameBoyAdvance), but it could be a good idea for the next Smash Bros. game. Though I have somehow the feeling that Deoxys will replace or at least clone Mewtwo.

ConfusedOne

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2009
    It's not going to be because SSBB is about the last generation (GameCube + GameBoyAdvance), but it could be a good idea for the next Smash Bros. game. Though I have somehow the feeling that Deoxys will replace or at least clone Mewtwo.

Then why third party characters like Snake?
    Or do you just mean last generation in general?

Gyoka

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    They did include Link from Twilight Princess, A Wii game. That is not last generation.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    A Wii game also available in GameCube. And also this game was in development for much more time but it had many delays. Finally they just kept it until the release of the Wii. And also, I think Nintendo as well as most fans prefer any Link than Wind Waker's. (Not because it looks childish but also because it doesn't really represents Zelda, which must be more mature and serious)

Then why third party characters like Snake?
    Or do you just mean last generation in general?

The Gamecube and GBA were a reference. Obviously it means GameCube + GBA + PS2 + XBox + etc.

Gyoka

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I still think Lucario will be in Brawl. There's no justifiable reason why he can't be. And Pokemon Diamond and Pearl did come out before Twilight Princess anyway.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I know Pokémon began as a kids' game about little cute monsters that fought with slaps and whatever, but it's not like that anymore. It's the second biggest franchise (second to Mario) and it has attracted many, many, many people, even above 20 years old keep playing (I will, too). The thing is that, say, you don't know about Pokémon and you play SSBM. You see a Pokémon Stadium and PokéFloats. It looks as if Pokémon was just any game there, but really Pokémon has lots of stories and legends, even ones not told in the games that fan create or try to puzzle out.

So my complaint is this: I think Pokémon won't be attracting to people who don't know it. This means that games like SSB should have locations, people or any other reference to Pokémon that fans could recognize and talk about. For example, an idea would be to have the Sky Pillar as a stage in SSBB, with Rayquaza sleeping in the back and maybe waking up and attacking sometimes. Mt. Pyre, Mt. Silver, Tin Tower, Seafoam Islands, Power Plant, Stark Mountain, Safari Zone, many of these could be good and appealing for players.

I don't know if I'm expressing myself well but really Pokémon Stadium (and much less the PokéFloats) don't exist in the Pokémon canon. Aside from Pokéballs, there could also be some other things like Lava Cookies, MooMoo Milk, Sacred Ash, King's Rocks, Smoke Balls, or even berries. What I try to say (again repeating) is that Pokémon looks as any game when it should have as many elements as Mario because, aside from the four characters, there's nothing from Pokémon that stands out to have people notice it.

Complain if you agree with me. POKÉMON NEEDS NOTICING!

Gyoka

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    How would Lucario spoil anything? The movie featuring him came out about a year ago and he was one of the first 4th gen announcements and even if Lucario gets added that doesn't mean another R/S/E pokemon won't. They added Pichu and Mewtwo to Melee. They could always add Lucario and Blaziken or something. But I do understand your argument about how the focus will be on the 3rd gen. I think the pokeballs focus is definitely on R/S/E since Groudon has been announced.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Yeah, Luc's enjoying a lot of popularity right now.

It just occurred to me; this shouldn't be in the Battle Revolution section...

Gyoka

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Yeah, Luc's enjoying a lot of popularity right now.

It just occurred to me; this shouldn't be in the Battle Revolution section...

Sorry bout that. I just saw Wii in parentheses. lol. Wasn't paying much attention.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    You cannot be serious. There were way too many Pokémon in SSBM, and I think you're being a tad unrealistic in assuming that ANYONE who would play SSBB wouldn't know about Pokémon at all. Just because you apparently like Pokémon a whole lot doesn't mean that it should get a disproportionate amount of attention. You, I'm afraid, are not everyone.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    If you haven't noticed. Nintendo doesn't care how well each game series does when they pick things for the SSB games. The game is supposed to be diverse, spanning many different games and many different genres. In my opinion, all of the Pokemon in Melee was overkill playable character wise. We didn't need Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. Stick with the two classics for the game, Pikachu and Jigglypuff, and you're golden.

Back