• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stahp with the snow already!

Years
  • I've been just about ready to never see any snow again since a year ago, thank you very much. When we were snowed out on the 27th, it really sucked because we were supposed to go to the Flyers game that night, but all the offices were closed and we couldn't...and then not much really happened as far as snow went. x( But we did have a couple closings of class after then.

Years
  • And like Zappyspiker earlier, I'm someone on the opposite end of things since it's summer over where I am. The heat though has been unbelievable, and I have found myself either having trouble getting to sleep or suffering heat stroke.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • This was my city last year (2m high snowbanks, people were charged for dumping snow, four days of blizzard, blowing snow, wind chill warnings... kids got an extra week off of school post-Christmas break):

Spoiler:

North of Barrie, ON, Canada. It was bad even for a "Canadian" winter.

I live in Ottawa, ON now. A lot less snow this year, so very happy for that, but still pretty snowy out there. I think we just got 10cm more over Sat-Sun, but I didn't go and check. Didn't have any errands today, and phoooo it's scary out there in the wintertime lol cold, cold :( Ottawa is much higher in latitude than Barrie, ON so it gets purty cold. Less snow due to less lakes, but at the expense of days on end of -30 with harsh winds.

Years
  • All you people complaining about the cold are welcome to come to Australia and experience (often humid these last few years) 40 degree (celsius) summers this time of the year instead. Your mood won't improve :)

Years
  • We actually had more snow in November than I think we've had in December & January combined so far. -_- We had a huge snow storm out of the blue a week before Thanksgiving or so. And of course, today it was 55 degrees. /Ohio

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Hi there, while you guys are having fun with snow, Indonesia's having fun with rain. Flood at the capital city once again. So much fun :D

Belldandy

Years
  • All you people complaining about the cold are welcome to come to Australia and experience (often humid these last few years) 40 degree (celsius) summers this time of the year instead. Your mood won't improve :)

You say that, but Canada is also susceptible to "waves" of weather. Ottawa ranges from -25C dry (-40C with windchill. -30C is common) to 30C (40-50C with humidity. 35C is common). Although not quite as much snow as my hometown, it still gets walloped with some mean ones. My hometown ranges from +40C to -45C with blizzards, humidex warnings, and in a week due to all the lakes and Atlantic systems can be walloped with 100cm of snow. It's not fun.

Australia has some wacky animals / insects / beings. Weather-wise, though, central Ontario is a high-pitched sound, a heart monitor measuring a heart attack. Just all over the place.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • You say that, but Canada is also susceptible to "waves" of weather. Ottawa ranges from -25C dry (-40C with windchill. -30C is common) .....

But hey, we have no school or work on some days, that's pretty awesome ;)
    (But the day after when we have to clean our cars.....)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm in Michigan here and we got around a foot of snow with that Linus storm last weekend. I think we had another light snowfall (only like 3") a few days after that. That's basically the extent of our entire snowy season so far which is really weird for here lol.

Belldandy

Years
  • But hey, we have no school or work on some days, that's pretty awesome ;)
    (But the day after when we have to clean our cars.....)

We don't get days off for cold lol when I worked for Bell, there was a blizzard warning, freezing rain the day before and 100cm in <60h. Transit was so behind and erratic that getting to work or school would be impossible. School buses were cancelled, schools were closed. It took the city two weeks to shovel itself out. Guess who was still expected to be at work that day lol

And some universities were still open during that shishstorm! Even after a bijillion-car pile-up and warnings from Environment Canada, etc. My bus coming home the night before got into an accident on the 401 because a lady spun out and we rammed her head-on. Not fun.

Still had to work lol!

Weather only benefits highschool students :P universities still expect ya to show up. So does work. No budge-space. It's really dumb. Lose your job / lose university credit(s) or possibly get into an accident and be gravely injured - how to manage the risks. Hm.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I just came to comment on how I think the title of this thread is amusing because here we're wondering when we're going to get snow on our mountains; all we've had is rain :(
    Really, no snow on the mountains? That's kinda weird. I saw several feet of snow on mountains out west in June. It's February now.....

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Much like my neighbors to the north, here in Connecticut I am absolutely done with snow. I used to like winter, but that was back in the days before it snowed so much that I can't get out to my backyard and my car is nothing more than a mirror peeking out of a snow pile.

Meanwhile, the city I'm planning on moving to is taunting me with news reports of sixty degree (Fahrenheit) days with brilliant sunshine, baseball, and adult kickball leagues.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Really, no snow on the mountains? That's kinda weird. I saw several feet of snow on mountains out west in June. It's February now.....

CA starts getting mountain snow starting in late November and it melts around late January. It...really doesn't stay there very long :(

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • It was supposed to be a snowy winter this year according to all the forecasters. It's snowed once here for a few hours and it was barely a dusting. Other than that, we've had absolutely zero snow.

Pisses me off because I love snow. >:(

Back