• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen stalling the game

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
  • Like the other games I played, I will finish the main story first. Not stalling until I got all 16 badges. Then, i'll re-battle Elite Four and Champ. After all i'll battle with Red. And after this I will stall my game and go to do some "big job". Complete the PokeDex, go to the Battle Frontier, complete Unown dex and make some events(I mean the one with Arceus, because i've finished the one with Celebi). I think, that there will be many hours of game-playing, just like it was with Platinum. When i've finished Platinum(I mean when I've done all that I can do) it was around 350+ hours. HeartGold is no exception! :)

rgathright

HGSS Battler
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    Eh, I do it too... I have over 500 hours on mine... but I spent most of it in the Battle Frontier xD Then I got bored of the Frontier, so I just went to get the Kanto Badges, then back to the Frontier xD
    I have just grabbed my Elite four badges and was wondering if there was anything I should do before going to the Battle Frontier?

In other words, is there something you would have done differently first?

I am enjoying the game but feel rushed to complete it before B&W comes out.

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol, you'll have completed it by March/April 2011....

...my advice? Use the PokeGear....get swarm pokemon and gym leader's phone numbers around Johto, catch Raikou and Entei (helps if you have a Masterball or a lot of patience) then move onto Kanto. Then do the Battle Frontier either before or after re-challenging the Elite Four and challenging Red.

But that's just how I'd do it....so it's not a set guideline or anything.

Back