• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS!!!!!

Sir Codin

Like I said in the General Chat DCC, no idea what to think of that new lightsaber, but everything else looks nice.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    i like it but i hope the additions to the saber are actually used (ie: pushing the handle down and the side additions gouge the person) rather than just being there as a risky aesthetic

Years
  • I like how it seems that there's an appreciation for actual sets and physical locations, rather than go crazy and have a special effects orgy where everything's a green screen. But the SFX I did see in the trailer (Like the scene with the Millennium Falcon) looked incredible. If the story's there, this could be a very, very good movie.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    After the Marvel movies said for years that Disney were the only company I would ever trust with the Star Wars franchise and it seems they are proving me right

The trailer looked incredible and everything has been done correctly. as said above if there is a story this will be incredible and maybe the 2nd $2bn+ movie

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    tbh I was not very excited and not thinking about it that much but that trailer has me hyped

Nyro

The Bug Master
    Years
  • Intrigued slightly....the crucifix lightsaber was kinda neat but what the heck is up with the giant Ball droid thingy.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I have complete faith in the team behind this movie - J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy, and Lawrence Kasdan.

J.J. idolizes the Speilberg-Lucas 80s classic blockbuster kind of movie. Super 8 was done in that style. His Star Trek movies were more Star Wars than Trek. He is great friends with his long-time composer, Michael Giacchino, who worships John Williams.

Kennedy is Speilberg's long-time producer - having produced the movies J.J. loves like Raiders of the Lost Ark, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, or Jurassic Park. Not to mention other Speilberg-produced movies that he did not direct but also carry that same magical vibe like Back to the Future, The Goonies, Gremlins, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

And then Kasdan as screenwriter? Absolutely fantastic news! He wrote The Empire Strikes Back!! The best Star Wars movie, period. And one of my all-time favourite movies in general.

The story is George Lucas', just like Empire Strikes Back and Return to the Jedi were although he did not write or direct those entries. Lucas is a good creative force, but in recent films he's surrounded by yes-men. He used to have producers that would challenge and question him. But as the prequels show, when he has free-reign it is no good. Here, he's limited to just idea conception and approval. So, I think things should be fine.

John Williams on board for music. 'nuff said.

And then Disney. They've done great things with the Marvel Cinematic Universe and they have shown a great level of respect for Star Wars in their theme parks over the years.

Really, this movie is going to have to try really hard to be bad. It has everything right going for it.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • Like I said in the General Chat DCC, no idea what to think of that new lightsaber, but everything else looks nice.

I was saying the same thing. The way Jedi/Sith use a lightsaber, there is no way he can twirl his blade without taking out his own wrist. He either has cortosis gloves/wrist guards/vambrace or he never twirls it.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I was saying the same thing. The way Jedi/Sith use a lightsaber, there is no way he can twirl his blade without taking out his own wrist. He either has cortosis gloves/wrist guards/vambrace or he never twirls it.

Or he was trained to wield it properly and to not cut himself?
    At first I thought they were crossguards, but they are way too long to be crossguards, it'll just cut out the mechanism to unsheathe the lightsaber instead of actually guarding.

I'm rather curious to see in the movie if he actually uses those two mini lightsabers on the handle, and if he uses it often. Maybe a new fighting technique? Like how Darth-Maul used a two sided lightsaber and his fighting style was completely different from the rest of the bunch.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I'll never like the JesuSaber. The ball droid looks weird, but strikes me as more of a one-scene-wonder than anything, certainly not a new Jar-Jar.

I'll check it out if there are no better movies coming out at the time.

Years
  • The lightsaber strikes me as being an older model, like an ancient prototype of sorts. Could be a reference or allusion to the expanded universe/Knights of the Old Republic stuff where the Sith return because Sith culture was reserved via holocrons or w/e they're called. And, they had a homeworld of their own. Somebody stumbles upon a millennia-old Sith Tomb? Discovers ancient Sith knowledge, with an ancient lightsaber to boot? It seems plausible to me.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

The ligthsaber strikes me as being an older model, like an ancient prototype of sorts. Could be a reference or allusion to the expanded universe/Knights of the Old Republic stuff where the Sith return because Sith culture was reserved via holocrons or w/e they're called. And, they had a homeworld of their own. Somebody uponstumbles a millennia-old Sith Tomb? Discovers ancient Sith knowledge, with an ancient lightsaber to boot? It seems plausible to me.
    Except they'll have to explain the backstory behind it as well and come up with it on their own, because in what was perhaps one of the most controversial moves on Disney's part, EU material has been declared non-canon. Yes, even Old Republic-prior-to-Episode-I stuff, including the sacred Knights of The Old Republic (Godspeed, Revan, for you are not forgotten)

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • Except they'll have to explain the backstory behind it as well and come up with it on their own, because in what was perhaps one of the most controversial moves on Disney's part, EU material has been declared non-canon. Yes, even Old Republic-prior-to-Episode-I stuff, including the sacred Knights of The Old Republic (Godspeed, Revan, for you are not forgotten)

I personally prefer it this way. Not that I didn't enjoy some of the stories, but it allows them to do their own thing for the next three movies instead of having to follow a pre-deteremined story that the books already created because the Yuuzhan Vong were garbage.

Admittedly, some of the scenes ala Chewies and Anakin Solo's sacrifice were pretty BA. Not to mention, Boba Fett may or may not return now. According to the new canon, he's dead. We'll have to wait and see. I'd like to see him return again though.

Back