• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starter in Platinum?

Who will be your starter pokemon in Platinum?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Naetoru/Turtwig!! <3 I love it so much! I love Naetoru, Hayashigame/Grotle, and Dodaitosu/Torterra! They all just scream awesomeness. =3

That, and I hate Pochama/Piplup and its evolutions and Hikozaru/Chimchar and Gokazaru/Infernape. However, I do like Mokazaru/Monferno.

mStar

The Darkness Within
    Years
  • I'm gonna have to say Piplup. I chose him in Diamond, and imma choose him in Platinum.

Ice Warrior

Master of the Void
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2009
    im tempted to pick turtwig, because with the right moves my torterra decimated the elite four in pearl, but i want to try a new one started so im leaning towards piplup. although i might change my my and go with chimchar

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well, I picked Chimchar in Diamond and Piplup in Pearl, so I guess I'll be fair and give Turtwig a shot. If that doesn't work out though, I'll restart and pick Chimchar. He was definitely a better choice than Piplup. At least, he was for me.

Isao Kronos

Muay Thai Master
    Years
  • Well, I haven't really tried Chimchar but once and the rest of my team was so poorly done on Pearl that I was blaming Chimchar for sucking.

Years
  • I love the fire starters but I hate monkeys ><
    so I'll choose Piplup cuz it's super cute x3

but I might trade a Torchic to my Platinum since it's my fav starter ! ^^

JojoX2

Medicham Fan *Chammy ftw*
    Years
  • I think I´ll choose Piplup since I took Chimchar in Diamond and I don´t like Turtwig. It just looks strange and doesn´t really look cooler later on....

~Fire Eagle~

The Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • Alright, for avatar wise, I'll choose Chimchar as a starter because the Infernape avatar looks cool but for battle wise, I'll stick with Piplup in the beginning.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2009
    I went by color and did Piplup=Diamond Chimchar=Pearl so I'll just use Turtwig in Platinum.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • In my Diamond I chose Chimchar as my starter and she became the powerhouse in my team. I later, after beating Roark, traded Piplup and Turtwig into my Diamond but still Infernape is the strongest pokémon of those three. ^^ In my Pearl, that I got last week, I decided to give a try and started out with Piplup and even tough she is strong she isn´t as good as my Chimchar was. xD So I guess I´ll be starting Platinum with Turtwig and trade both Chimchar and Piplup into it. : D I´m just so bored as in Finland we have no clue when Platinum is going to be released. I hope that soon because I´m eager to see those new sprites and to get beat Cynthia again and again. ^^

Back