• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starter in Platinum?

Who will be your starter pokemon in Platinum?

• Total voters

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    For a matter of facility of use and personal tastes, I have chosen Piplup and therefore I vote Piplup.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    I chose Chimchar in Pearl so I'll pick Piplup for Platinum. I was thinking about getting turtwig but Steel/Water is really cool typing that I'd like to try out.

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
  • I believe i'm going to go with turtwig, as i always do, i can't ever really get "into" using the other 2, i always wind up back at turtwig...

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    I always pick Chimchar as my starter in the fourth generation games.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm actually going to pick Turtwig as my starter in Platinum. Why? Because my favorite fourth generation starter is Chimchar and my least favorite is Piplup. Now why am I not going to pick Chimchar like I said I would? Because I'm planning on trading all my Pokemon from Diamond to Platinum, and I don't think I really need 2 Infernapes. The reason I said Chimchar at first was because I never thought about trading because I don't know how to, but I'm trying to find information now.

Last edited:

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I chose Turtwig in Pearl, Chimchar in Diamond... so as much as I dislike Piplup, he's the one I'm gonna choose.

Ozzy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    I dont care, usually i just do eeneemeeneemineemo LOl i dont know how to spell it :D

Because, If you just get to jubilife, you can use the GTS and get a high level.. People love to collect the starters... (sarcasm)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ill probably start with either Piplup or Chimchar, ive never been a fan of Turtwig for some reason. =/

Years
  • I'm planning on starting with Piplup, and will likely trade over a Chimchar. I really have never really liked Turtwig. It just creeps me out. :[

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I usually choose either the fire or water pokemon. The grass pokemon doesn't appeal as much because it learns status changing moves more than anything and I prefer to attack.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Right now I'm leaning towards Piplup, but who knows?? I'm not choosing Chimchar because that is who I used for Diamond.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Id have to say, Turtwig. I picked Chimchar in diamond and i never liked Piplup so im going with him.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I've rotated through the 3 starters in previous files on D/P, so I may choose Chimchar and exchange it for something else when I receive the pokedex.

Years
  • I picked Turtwig for Pearl and JP Platinum, so I will probably pick Turtwig again and then send eggs of the other two starters over.

Back