• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starter in Platinum?

Who will be your starter pokemon in Platinum?

• Total voters

Jojo-

Grass Type Lover. ~
Years
  • Turtwig for me. =D

Not just because Grass are my favourite type, but he is usefull against most leaders as well. He still owns Chimchar with Razor Leaf. xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    I'm undecided about Platinum. If I got it, I'd trade an egg of another starter over since I have them all in Diamond. Maybe Treecko and Cyndaquil; never used Treecko and haven't used Cyndaquil since Silver.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Chimchar is my starter in my Diamond game. In my Pearl ROM I have Turtwig, and Piplup in my Platinum ROM. Chimchar is most definitely my favorite.

Flaming Pikachu

My Prices are Nice Nice Baby
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Piplup, I chose Chimchar in Diamond. And if in some instance I buy Pearl I will chose Turtwig in that one.

DarknessSneasel

Master of Dark
    Years
  • I'm go with Piplup but trade other a chimchar and turtwig egg to help get through the first gyms while a get the rest of the team which are found later in the game.

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
  • Hmm.. Im debating between Piplup and Chimchar....

I really like how Piplups End Evo looks like, and it has excepticle moves...

I dont like Chimchars End Evo, but Has really strong.. moves...

But My favorite element is water soo, yeah, , bigg debate for me anywayz

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • Piplup will be my choice; I think that Chimchar + evolutions is ugly, and I'm playing through Pearl with Torterra at the moment and find myself wishing I had Piplup and his evolutions to help me out more.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Im gonna go with Piplup, of course immediately after the first gym, Im gonna trade over a level 20 kadabra to completely finish thegame like I did in diamond

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
  • Why is everybody basing their starter on what they chose in Diamond and Pearl? If anything, you should be trying something different this time around!

I went with Piplup in Diamond, so I'm going with Turtwig in Platinum.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I will choose Chimchar s always. I still really dont like the other two. The only time I have chosen anything other than the fire starter was in 3rd gen because all 3 were cool.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Hm... I dunno...

In Pearl I chose Chimchar... but I usually choose the fire starter (In Sapphire I chose Torchic, in FireRed, Charmander)
    In Diamond I chose Piplup, BUT. **** came up and I didn't get to properly play with it... (in my second run on FR I chose Squirtile, and I did a quick run with Mudkip in Emerald..)

I don't really care much for Turtwig... but I dunno. xD (In Emerald I chose Treeko)

~~~

I really don't know. I DO have ALL the starters in Pearl, and really 4/5th of the Pokemon... so I can trade over an egg of pretty much anything I want to Platinum. =3 (I also have TWO DSes, so I can trade it over as soon as I'm able to get into the Pokemon Center in Sangem.)

Arg... @_@

Back