• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starter Pokemon....

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Who: Cyndaquil

Why:
    Oh, no reason really. He is the best of the best, and Typhlosion can rip Feraligatr apart! I learned that on Crystal...

Years
  • I'm strongly considering buying both HeartGold and SoulSilver - HeartGold for my main game, and SoulSilver to replay as much as I want.

In HeartGold (in which I'll be playing as Soul), I'm starting with Cyndaquil. This is the starter I usually pick in the second-gen games, though I have started with Chikorita before, too.

In SoulSilver (in which I'll be playing as Gold), I'm thinking of doing something I've never done before, and starting with Totodile. I've raised Cyndaquil and Chikorita before, but never Totodile. However, in the third and fourth generation games, my dominant starters were the water-types. I've come to really like the water-type starters, so I think Totodile will be great to train.

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Cyndaquil is my most favorite Pokemon ever(I even have a Typhlosion as part of my team in Diamond), and I've alwaysssss started with it in GSC, when I played Gold I started with it... So I will definitely be going with Cyndaquil! n.n <3333

Ayselipera

Chikorita! I used to use her all the time. *remembering*

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • stuck between Cyndaquil and Totodile...probably gonna be Cyndaquil though as there are more water-types readily available than fire-types in the wild...

...I just realized...one can actually use that to justify choosing the fire-type starter in every game. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    i'm prob gonna pick totodile, i picked him the first time i played silver and kicked butt

fredfredburger722

A man of little words...
    Years
  • Totodile, just like in my old Gold version. Actually I'm getting HeartGold, choosing Totodile, and going to completely reassemble my old team (That's right Hoenn and Sinnoh, no love for you!) just to relive the greatest moments of MY first Pokemon game. Sigh... good times.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • Cyndaquil, because he's my favorite and I just love Quilava (won't ever use Typhlosion unless it's to complete pokedex or battle Red). If I were to ever get Soul Silver I would use Chikorita and plainly I just don't like totodile. I perfer Politoed/Kingdra over him.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2013
    im definetely going to use cyndaquil :) all fire starters from each game i use

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    When I heard that these remakes were going to happen, my first choice for my starter Pokemon was Cyndaquil. I like the Fire starters the most out of the games (with the exception of R/S/E), and Cyndaquil was my starter back in the "old days".

Then as time went on, I found that I actually like Totodile these days. And since I never played with Totodile in Silver, I figured that I would chose it for the first time with these remakes.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Cyndaquil as nearly always. It evolves into my favorite TYPHLOSION!!! I had Cyndaquil when I first time played Gold and then it has been so many times with me, but not too many times. I also use fire starters. First time when I played Blue I picked up Charmander. In Gold Cyndaquil, in Ruby I picked Torchic and in Diamond I picked up Chimchar. I have tested them all but I like fire-types.

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
  • I started of as Chickorita but i found it to be crap,
    So I restarted and used cyndaquil.
    Dunno why when I was little I always started of as a grass type.XD

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I'll join the Totodile bandwagen, it was my first ever pokemon and has been my favourite ever since. Plus I'm actually looking forward to using Feraligatr comeptitively (though I really should be using Gyarados instead......go Torrent go!) so that's just another plus!!

Back