• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starter Pokemon....

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm definitely going to be picking Totodile for Nostalgia reasons. :3 My sister will be getting Cyndaquil, so I'll be getting one from her. As for Chikorita; they'll probably have wifi so that's how I'll get the third one of the group. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I always choose Chickorita. It's not that I think it's the best, I just like it the most.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I'm going with Cyndaquil due to the fact I plan to wipe through the gyms ASAP and Cyndaquil plows through most gyms easily.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • My first game was Gold, where I started with Cyndaquil. I remember starting with Totodile around the same time (maybe with Silver, but I honestly don't remember) and getting lost in the route west of New Bark Town :'33. But Cyndaquil was the one that I stuck with for the five years that Gold lived, so I'm going to start with it. His name will be Volcano. :D

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2014
    Chikorita! i have never picked Chikorita as my starter before in G/S/C and Chikorita looks realy cute to, i realy like Chikorita's last evoultion too.

Years
  • I always pick the grass starter, as I like grass types more than the other two, so I will pick Chikorita for both HG and SS. That and Chikorita was the first pokemon I ever had.

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
  • Well, I think I'll be choosing Totodile this time around. I chose Chikorita the first time because I didn't know the Flying and Bug-type gyms were first. However, I'm choosing Totodile this time because it'll be so fun to have an alligator following me around. :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2009
    I always pick the Fire poke -.-, Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchick, Chimchar, I can never find a good fire poke at the start I guess

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • My choice depends on the version I get.....
    Heart Gold = Cyndaquil
    Soul Silver = Totodile
    And yes, these were the starter's I chose in the orginal games....
    Although I remember restarting with Cickorita a few times....

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Well, in whichever game is my "main" (probably HeartGold) I'll be using Cyndaquil, who was my original starter back in the day, so I guess that's a yes. On the other version, though, I'll be using Totodile.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Well...i have been playing a the games since i was five....and i have always came to like the grass types (except for treecko) so i will have to go with chickorita cuz i love meganium

Years
  • I am going to get SoulSilver first, and I will start with Cyndaquil. He helped me so much in Silver and I love his evolutions.
    When I eventually get HeartGold, I will probably start with Totodile. He helped me in Gold haha.
    Sorry Chikorita xD

xoBoxxy

Off the Wall
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Every Pokemon game I got, I always start with the water-type starter. So Totodile :3 Also because he's easier to train for me.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I remember with my first Pokemon game (Gold) I used Chikorita as my starter. But then I restarted my game and decide I wanted to use Cyndaquil. Ive stuck with that as my starter. I also love the evolutions of Cyndaquil.
    I am going to use Cyndaquil as my starter and I'm thinking of getting SoulSilver first.

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
  • Because I always choose a starter based in varying reasons and don't recall exactly what I first used in G/S/C, I don't know. However, I can say that Cyndaquil currently is the most ideal of the second generation starters. That can change in the coming months, though.

Back