• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starters: Fire,Grass, or Water?

☆Stardust☆

Your best friend
Years
  • I've always been attracted to the fire types when starting my game. They always look cool, and are pretty tough.

My second choice would probably be Grass. The grass starters are always cute! But they burn and freeze!

Water is last....cause..well....water is boring. It makes me thirsty though!

Do you guys have a starter that you favor?

#Gecko#

Alert: Tacos Rule
    Years
  • I'll pick Fire types first cause all of'em look cool. Second is Grass cause of Sceptile and Water, well, only Squirtle and Swampert inpressed me.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I usually go for the fire type but in 4th gen I've restarted my pearl game enough times to use all three and my favorite was turtwig hands down, it's just a really tough little grass turtle thingy

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
  • I like the grass starters the most.
    I chose Totodile on my Gold Version and Chikorita on my Crystal Version. I chose Treecko on Ruby and fell in love with the guy.
    I have a thing for grass starters now, so I chose Turtwig on Diamond.

Best grass starter: Treecko!
    Best fire starter: Charmander.
    Best water starters: Totodile and Piplup.

Years
  • My starter choice is usually based on personal preference/appeal, but the starters I pick are most commonly Fire or Water type. Of the Grass type starters, the only one I happen to like is Chikorita.

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
  • I'd have to go with Water/Grass
    The only reason i chose chimchar as my starter because me and my mate started out games together xD

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I always go for Fire starters,
    I don't know why....but firepokemon get my attraction.....

My second choice would be water, because water types are also good ^^'

~C3LEBI

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
  • it really depends,
    1st gen - charmander + evo's
    2nd chickarito up to bayleef - magneuim is horrible looking
    3rd - torchic + evo's
    4th - All are pretty gd but i chose grass to make it even =)

i hate water starters, mainly because i always need to teach it surf/waterfall, the only water pokemon start i accually like is squirtle =), blastoise totally rocks

Denuo

Samuel » Casual Collector
    Years
  • Fire seems to be the way to go because normally, it's harder to get your hands on a Fire Pokemon down the track when you're after one for whatever reason (Gym Battle comes to mind) than it is Grass/Water.

Although, I normally don't go Fire, and regret it later, Haha.

Sam

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • It's pretty much...water...water....oh yeah water. If not Im not sure which i'd go next as with the 4 gens im 2 water -1 grass - 1 fire.. So Water first, 50/50 on the next one.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I've always had a weak spot for water starters ever since R/B/Y generation. They just seem so much more fun to use, and I thought they had some of the best sprites too.

Back