• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steam Summer Sale

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Today the Steam Summer Sale has started, with tons of games at ridiculously low prices.

https://store.steampowered.com/

New deals every day, every 8 hours, and with random flash sales. Are you planning to blow any money this year on the sale?

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • "At these prices, it's practically stealing!"

Now this is why I love Steam. They have these awesome prices and sales that cannot be beaten anywhere else. Seeing that they lowered the price of MW3 to half-off, I am gonna buy up on that! Thanks for posting this! Haven't checked Steam in eons...

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Just one of the reasons why Steam is one of the few digital download platforms that does things right. Been looking forward to this for a while. Nothing for me today, but I'm sure I'll buy a few things over the course of the week.

PokeMMO

Squirtle
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    I have to echo the other replies I always love a good sale and Steam knows who to bring it down.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    Thank god for Steam. I'm not sure what I want, but it's probably going to be some kind of indie game since my laptop can't handle many games. I was thinking about one of the Ys games but I do have a PSP, so I'm ruling that option out.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I highly recommend the daily deal of The Binding of Isaac. The game plus the expansion pack (that triples the content, I heard) is less than 2 dollars in total, and it's a really addicting game with enough difficulty to keep you occupied for quite a while.

Sanguinius

Lt. Ral
    Years
  • I love Steam sales because they're great for picking up older games of really high quality. The flash deals and daily deals of up to 75% off top-rate games are awesome if there are older games you never picked up, but want to play. Here's what I've got so far this sale:

- Total War: Shogun 2
    - Portal 1 & 2
    - Legend of Grimrock
    - The Witcher
    - Audiosurf
    - Bioshock 1 & 2
    - Skryim
    - Left 4 Dead 1 & 2

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've been looking forward to this all summer. <3 Was disappointed when it didn't start at the end of June but it was so amusing to check out all the people brewing conspiracy theories about what was going on daily deal every day after that.

For a while I was really iffy on the flash deals since some of them were going for only ~5 hours which seems like it would be really easy to sleep through, but they seem to have stabilized a bit at 8 or 10 hour deals and that's good with me.

So far I've gotten:
    - Trine 2
    - Y's Origin
    - L.A. Noire

And I was gifted Analogue: A Hate Story by Zet so . By the end of the sale, I'd like to pick up The Walking Dead, Jurassic Park, Scarygirl, and maybe Game of Thrones. Scarygirl I'll probably pick up regardless but the others I'll only buy if they're on daily or flash deal.

Several times over this sale, I've clicked on a game to add it to my cart because of the deal only to see "You already own this game". Has this been happening to anyone else? I need to start playing through my Steam backlog more vigorously so I remember what I own and what I've bought but never glanced at. XD;
    I went ahead and picked up Ys: Origin. Forgot that I hadn't picked it up and at 11 bucks and some change, that's quite the deal.
    Aaaalways wait until the last day to buy games in case they become further discounted over the course of the week. Y's Origin went down to ~$7 on a flash deal yesterday so there's always a chance. :P (Though for a game that came out only two months ago, I am surprised it went on further discount.)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    So far, just picked up the Penumbra series, as I've always loved watching videos of the games, and I want to play something different. It was either them or Amnesia (or both), but I thought I'd sample Penumbra before Amnesia.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • So far I've gifted a few titles and gotten... Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition for myself. Feels good, man. I was gonna buy Skyrim, but I figure with that expansion already out there will be a GOTY coming sometime. I'll just wait for that.

Aaaalways wait until the last day to buy games in case they become further discounted over the course of the week. Y's Origin went down to ~$7 on a flash deal yesterday so there's always a chance. :P (Though for a game that came out only two months ago, I am surprised it went on further discount.)

Yeah, I normally do wait til the end... but I wanted to go ahead and start it, as I'd already beaten Oath a few times. XD

Cherrim

Years
  • Yeah, I normally do wait til the end... but I wanted to go ahead and start it, as I'd already beaten Oath a few times. XD
    Fair enough! I imagine the default deal is more than enough if you've played any of the rest of the series before. :3 I've never touched any of 'em though so I was iffy until the flash deal... although I might've bitten at the end of the sale otherwise.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • Hopefully you like it! I got sucked into the series just this year. I dig it, yo.

Yay, Legend of Grimlock won the vote. At 6 bucks... that's a steal if you're into the old school dungeon crawlers.

Cherrim

Years
  • I'm a little disappointed in that because it was on daily deal the first day of the sale but I didn't want any of the listed so I don't care that much.

I really hope voting for things that have already been on further discount doesn't become a trend though. D:

Cherrim

Years
  • Staring very intently at The Walking Dead but I'm thinking I might pass on it since it's not even fully "out" yet (only 2/5 episodes are up, I think?) and I do want to read the series before I play this so 40% off just isn't enough for me to bite. :[

Is it just me or have all the Indie Bundles been pretty unimpressive?

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • Yeah, that's a game that will be heavily discounted next sale I figure, maybe even 75% off. 40% isn't much worth it I wouldn't think.

I think I've got all the good games from the indie bundles previously. Definitely underwhelming.

Cherrim

Years
  • It's especially underwhelming because it looks like the "best" game in most of the bundles (the one carrying it--like Bastion or Braid) are always games that were in previous Humble Bundles. I know there are some people who don't pay attention to those but $10 for one game plus mediocre games as opposed to the $6 minimum for HiB which are all top-notch games...? Yeah, it's really hard to be impressed.

The very first year Steam did indie bundles, I remember they were phenomenal. $5 each and you got games that were normally like $20... and since this was before indie bundles were really a thing, it was so exciting. I remember getting Recettear, Puzzle Agent (one of my favourite games), And Yet it Moves, and some others. $5. There was a great rhythm one too for the same price (included Bit Trip Beat, Audiosurf, and others). I've been disappointed with every indie bundle on Steam since. :(

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    I like Steam a lot but why is the forum giving them free ad space?! unless they are getting paid...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've been looking forward to this all summer. <3 Was disappointed when it didn't start at the end of June but it was so amusing to check out all the people brewing conspiracy theories about what was going on daily deal every day after that.

For a while I was really iffy on the flash deals since some of them were going for only ~5 hours which seems like it would be really easy to sleep through, but they seem to have stabilized a bit at 8 or 10 hour deals and that's good with me.

So far I've gotten:
    - Trine 2
    - Y's Origin
    - L.A. Noire

And I was gifted Analogue: A Hate Story by Zet so . By the end of the sale, I'd like to pick up The Walking Dead, Jurassic Park, Scarygirl, and maybe Game of Thrones. Scarygirl I'll probably pick up regardless but the others I'll only buy if they're on daily or flash deal.

Several times over this sale, I've clicked on a game to add it to my cart because of the deal only to see "You already own this game". Has this been happening to anyone else? I need to start playing through my Steam backlog more vigorously so I remember what I own and what I've bought but never glanced at. XD;

Did you get the Daily Deal for Trine 2? I know Tom/Sanguinius recommended it to me just yesterday and was saying I should get it and then suddenly Daily Deal, haha.

I want Audiosurf and/or Bit Trip Runner but both of those are just on normal sales so I'm planning on waiting until the last day, because they could easily go on sale even lower at some point. XD; /cheap

Back