• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steam Summer Sale

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    I'm kinda eying that Sega hits collection right now, mostly I can Sonic Generations and Total War for a fraction of the prices plus a bunch of legal Genesis ROMs and Genesis emulators to boot.

Obligatory "Sweetie."

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Been checking this every day. So far picked up Serious Sam 3, Killing Floor and Two Worlds 2.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Don't have to sit and stare at The Walking Dead anymore... someone gifted it to me. ♥ Of course, now this means I have to go consume the comics, haha.
    Did you get the Daily Deal for Trine 2? I know Tom/Sanguinius recommended it to me just yesterday and was saying I should get it and then suddenly Daily Deal, haha.

I want Audiosurf and/or Bit Trip Runner but both of those are just on normal sales so I'm planning on waiting until the last day, because they could easily go on sale even lower at some point. XD; /cheap
    It was the community choice deal for a bit, at the same price as the daily deal today, so I picked it up then. I have no idea what it's really like but I watched the first ep of an LP of it by a group I like and it seemed interesting enough to bite. It has co-op, too, so hopefully I can find someone to play it with. :)

Audiosurf is amazing but it's usually a daily deal somewhere so I'd wait, yeah. It's such a relaxing game and if you don't feel like doing anything but listen to music, you can play that while you listen! Bit Trip Runner though? NOT RECOMMENDED. It's absolutely infuriating. D: I would pay no more than $1 for it and even then you'll probably regret it. It masquerades as a rhythm game but honestly it's a game of rote memorization of jump timing. It's really not very skill-based and it's so unforgiving that it's hard for it to be fun. (If you miss a jump/block/crouch/whatever, you go back to start no matter where you are in the level.) It uh, looks nice though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Don't have to sit and stare at The Walking Dead anymore... someone gifted it to me. ♥ Of course, now this means I have to go consume the comics, haha.

It was the community choice deal for a bit, at the same price as the daily deal today, so I picked it up then. I have no idea what it's really like but I watched the first ep of an LP of it by a group I like and it seemed interesting enough to bite. It has co-op, too, so hopefully I can find someone to play it with. :)

Audiosurf is amazing but it's usually a daily deal somewhere so I'd wait, yeah. It's such a relaxing game and if you don't feel like doing anything but listen to music, you can play that while you listen! Bit Trip Runner though? NOT RECOMMENDED. It's absolutely infuriating. D: I would pay no more than $1 for it and even then you'll probably regret it. It masquerades as a rhythm game but honestly it's a game of rote memorization of jump timing. It's really not very skill-based and it's so unforgiving that it's hard for it to be fun. (If you miss a jump/block/crouch/whatever, you go back to start no matter where you are in the level.) It uh, looks nice though.

Ooh, thanks for the advice! I know I usually get really frustrated with games that are too hard for me, haha. Instead of getting determined to be good at it, I just get discouraged and quit so I could see that game not being great for me. For some reason The Binding of Isaac is the exception though...XD;

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Haven't played any yet, Going to DL them when I'm on holiday, I would have gotten more but unfortunately I am a complete cash shopper on my MMO games so I'm out of money... Totally gutted :(

Cherrim

Years

Ooh, thanks for the advice! I know I usually get really frustrated with games that are too hard for me, haha. Instead of getting determined to be good at it, I just get discouraged and quit so I could see that game not being great for me. For some reason The Binding of Isaac is the exception though...XD;
    Binding of Isaac was one of my "nooope can't do this, better give up now" games. XD; But I've been very stubborn with BTR for some reason... especially now that I've made it to the end (or at least, within 3 stages of the end). But maaan it's difficult and annoying. There are some people who don't seem nearly as frustrated with it as I've been but I think the Wii version is a lot less laggy than the Steam version (at least on my computer ._.) and that's where all the good reviews seem to come from.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Binding of Isaac was one of my "nooope can't do this, better give up now" games. XD; But I've been very stubborn with BTR for some reason... especially now that I've made it to the end (or at least, within 3 stages of the end). But maaan it's difficult and annoying. There are some people who don't seem nearly as frustrated with it as I've been but I think the Wii version is a lot less laggy than the Steam version (at least on my computer ._.) and that's where all the good reviews seem to come from.
    I've actually found Bit Trip Runner to be pretty fun. I don't think it really requires memorization unless you tend to lose a lot, but you can really judge when to jump or crouch based on the speed of the character and the distance of the obstacle. Then again, it might be due to my love for difficult games, after all, two of my favorite games are Touhou Project and Osu!, I guess being frustrated due to difficulty is something I like, as it forces me to change up how I go about things and/or just get better.

Also, I wouldn't recommend getting Audiosurf yet if only for the fact that Audiosurf 2 is coming out. It is a fun game though and if one has money just lying around then I say go for it.

Cherrim

Years
    I've actually found Bit Trip Runner to be pretty fun. I don't think it really requires memorization unless you tend to lose a lot, but you can really judge when to jump or crouch based on the speed of the character and the distance of the obstacle. Then again, it might be due to my love for difficult games, after all, two of my favorite games are Touhou Project and Osu!, I guess being frustrated due to difficulty is something I like, as it forces me to change up how I go about things and/or just get better.

Also, I wouldn't recommend getting Audiosurf yet if only for the fact that Audiosurf 2 is coming out. It is a fun game though and if one has money just lying around then I say go for it.
    There are some points where things just come flying out of nowhere though and with some of the boss levels, I really found it was down to memorization of what comes next and guesswork rather than skill at judging obstacles and reacting to them as they come at you. It's probable that my reflexes aren't top-notch or anything but I usually consider myself pretty good with pressing-buttons-at-the-right-time (although admittedly horrible with most platformers) and I still find this game beyond frustrating.

The problem with this one is that it's just SO unforgiving. I've never played Touhou but I think I've played all the Osu/EBA games and I've never found them this difficult because even if you miss or do badly, you can still pass the song if you're careful everywhere else. Get anything less than perfect in BTR, though--even on "easy" mode (which just doesn't have collectibles? wtf)--and it's all the way back to start. Not a big deal in the first world but by the third world when the levels are a few minutes long each, it's awful.

These are the indie bundles though, apparently. Looks like Audiosurf will be on tomorrow. Day 10's has Bit Trip Runner and the other games are pretty good so it might be worth checking out.

Years
    I haven't had a chance to look at the Steam Sale, mainly because I don't really have any money to spend on games currently, but Steam always pull off amazing deals... Imma go check it out now! XD​

Cherrim

Years
    Even if you just set aside $10 or $15, there are plenty of gems you can get with that which will tide you over for ages if you take the time to play them. :3

Haven't picked up anything today except gifting Cave Story+ to a few people while it was on sale. Am hoping that I'll only get one or two more games before the end of the sale. @_@;; I want Dragon Age: Origins to go on further sale since I would rather play it on PC than 360 (although my roommates do own it on 360 so it's not a big deal if I skip this one).

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Looking to set around £50 in this sale. What would be the best ones to pick up? Don't want to waste money on them :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Razer, it's all down to what you want and stuff. If you're interested in it, this is probably the cheapest it will get for a long time. ;x

Years
    I know, I will end up getting something.

Also, why don't people say what they have bought and for how much and, maybe, recommend some special deals? :3​

Years
    Uhh... here we go.

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    • Crysis 2 - Maximum Edition
    • Mirror's Edge
    • Trine 2
    • Red Faction Guerrilla
    • LA Noire
    • QUBE
    • Magicka
    • Plants vs Zombies
    • Darksider
    • Metro 2033
    • Splinter Cell: Conviction

I'd feel better if I didn't put prices next to them. :P Pricing only applies to people in one's region, anyway.

The Crysis and Assassin's Creed games are all on special at the moment (Crysis is a flash-deal, so get in quick). They're worth a look.

After years of paying out on people for playing COD, I can see why they like it. Sure, the campaign is a very short cover-shooter, but it's decent. The multiplayer is very accessible and fun, playing much more like a forgiving twitch-shooter. I seem to be hitting the top two places on the scoreboard, mostly. Pretty funny when you're Lv 14 and there's 80+ people below you.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    So far I've gotten QUBE, Mirror's Edge, Portal 2, Civilisation 5 and the current Crysis collection pack with plenty of money left over since they've all been flash sales/ sale of the day. I haven't planned to get any other game apart from Sniper Elite V2 (hopefully it will get a flash sale soon, if not I'll just take the 33% discount later) but I'm sure there will two or three impulse purchases by the time everything is all over :3

Its going to take a looooong time to download everything based on my internet speed...

Pretty funny when you're Lv 14 and there's 80+ people below you.

I love that feeling.

Years
    Its going to take a looooong time to download everything based on my internet speed..

Oh yeah, I've already done 30GB of downloads from Steam over the past few days, with a lot of games to go. Thank god Steam downloads are unmetered on my connection or I'd be in a world of hurt. I get a pretty consistent 500KB/s unless the game is getting slaughtered.

Just a heads up for anyone who isn't aware - you always want to avoid the non-daily deals until the last day of the sale. You don't want to buy something at 40% off, only to have it hit 75% a day later.

Is anyone bothering with the achievement/steam badge stuff? I just need to upload a video and I have the Pillar of the Community. For the other badge, I will hit 15 votes over the next day or so, hopefully. Don't honestly know if I've voted each day, though.

Back