• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Still Pokémon at heart?

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
Years
  • I have not played the games yet, but I do say this is still pokemon. Judging by the info I've seen it appears to just be the Johto remakes mixed with Platinum, mixed with 156 new pokemon. I think as long as HM03 remains surf, then it is Pokemon.

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    Do they still fit in your pocket/bag? then yes, it's still pokemon...

maxxpower

Goooooood
    Years
  • The Pokemon philosophy is still there, I mean you catch pokemon, and you train them, and along the way you go on countless adventures, so it's a yes from me.

Years
  • My goodness! Some people, like GoldVsRed, need to use spoiler tags! The game has been out for less than a week! Some of us, like those with full-time jobs, haven't even made it to the 2nd gym yet!

Anyway, this game is 100% Pokemon. It's just sleeker. I like that they really seemed to have listened to the fans this time. HMs are still there, but they are a much more manageable number this time. The battle system stayed the same, but they made the battles much more graphic-centric and much less text-centric. The end result is that battles play out about 3 times faster. There are still 8 gym leaders, but there are a few tricks thrown in. Also, just like in Red and Green/Blue, you are supposed to focus on the pokemon of that game. Trading with others seems much more important this time around, for whatever reason.

Anyway, I am loving it, and as one of the mods said, I feel like I'm playing the best pokemon game ever made. You all have a lot to look forward to.

Years
  • My goodness! Some people, like GoldVsRed, need to use spoiler tags! The game has been out for less than a week! Some of us, like those with full-time jobs, haven't even made it to the 2nd gym yet!

Anyway, this game is 100% Pokemon. It's just sleeker. I like that they really seemed to have listened to the fans this time. HMs are still there, but they are a much more manageable number this time. The battle system stayed the same, but they made the battles much more graphic-centric and much less text-centric. The end result is that battles play out about 3 times faster. There are still 8 gym leaders, but there are a few tricks thrown in. Also, just like in Red and Green/Blue, you are supposed to focus on the pokemon of that game. Trading with others seems much more important this time around, for whatever reason.

Anyway, I am loving it, and as one of the mods said, I feel like I'm playing the best pokemon game ever made. You all have a lot to look forward to.

^ THIS. I couldn't have said it any better myself. Once people get past the whole "New generation stuff" they'll realize just how good B&W really is.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years

Aw, crap, I wasn't thinking about that... I apologize. I was typing that in a bit of a hurry, you see. I haven't even played the game, though, I've just watched videos... Now I look like a bit of a jerk. Whoops.

Bluemoon

Bluemoon
    Years
  • It's Pokemon alright. Just in a different form. Anyway, B/W is so sleek, and shiny.

But I'll agree it's taking a weird turn. Just look at the ice cream Pokemon /facepalm.
    Thank you!!!
    That ice cream pokemon is the one that ruined my excitement... when i was looking at the new pokemon(before they were taken down) everything was fine but when i came across the ice cream pokemon it ruined everything!!!

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • For me, only kind of. I mean, same basic goal and all, but all new pokemon that I can't even imagine their names with NO slight understanding of Japanese makes it a little hard. There's really no way to put it, but it's still exciting.

Back