• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Stoutland] VS Liepard

Stoutland or Liepard?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    [Stoutland] VS Liepard

I'm sure a lot of you have seen/heard and known these two Pokémon for some time. Which one will it be for you?

Years
    My vote goes to Stoutland cos it's strong and has access to the Elemental Fang attacks.

Liepard is just well, boring and it's so hard to train cos it doesn't learn its best attack (Night Slash) until a distant Level 43. I have one that knows it but it took an eternity to train.

And every Liepard I battle (including Cheren's) keeps using Fake Out on me.

Stoutland is way easier to train than Liepard.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Stoutland better win or I will infract you all.

...just kidding! But really, Herdier is the best Pokemon of all existence and due to it being apart of Stoutland's evolution line, just... Liepard cannot compare. Just CANNOT. Also Herdier is fun to use in-game. :)

[ don't take the top part seriously, by the way okay! just making sure you all understand that. XD; ]

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    My vote goes to Stoutland cos it's strong and has access to the Elemental Fang attacks.

Liepard is just well, boring and it's so hard to train cos it doesn't learn its best attack (Night Slash) until a distant Level 43. I have one that knows it but it took an eternity to train.

And every Liepard I battle (including Cheren's) keeps using Fake Out on me.

Stoutland is way easier to train than Liepard.
    I agree 100%. I tried training Liepard's pre-evolution, and I just didn't have enough patience to continue doing that. I could just imagine trying to evolve it from Purrloin's early levels!

Since this is my poll, I should probably vote too. I'd have to go with Stoutland, in forms of both design, battling, movepools and just overall. I mean who couldn't love its moustache? I used to underestimate this Pokémon because of its major change from the rest of his line, but now I view him differently. Stoutland could practically be my bedroom. Just without the furniture and yeah...

STOUTLAND IS SO FLUFFY IM GONNA DIE. y'know.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    (I have a feeling this poll already exists but anyway) Just because I absolutely detest the Stoutland line I'm gonna go with Liepard lol.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I'm going with Stoutland! I love its design and its incredibly long "mustache"; and it apparently rescues people from mountains as well, so I like Stoutland's personality too.

Liepard seems evil to me on the other hand. T.T I do like its pre-evolution though. It's just that I feel Liepard's design doesn't match up to that of Purrloin's.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Stoutland is probably the best of all the first Normal-types you encounter in any Pokemon game. Liepard is somewhat lack-luster when it comes to stats and moves. Stoutland, on the other hand, has a pretty nice 100 base Attack, and he gets the elemental fang moves. He also gets pretty good defensive stats, with 90 each. Liepard seems to be the counterpart to Mightyena. Looks nice, but looks can't kill, unfortunately. Liepard has impressive speed, but all it would take is a Mach Punch and it's down and out with its 50 base defensive stats and 64 base HP.

Stoutland all the way.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Liepard, but that's only based on my "I like cats and dogs attack me on sight" Rl preferences. I do agree that Liepard is a pain to try to train, and Stoutland does have better stats, but that doesn't change my cat preferences, lol.

Plus mustaches creep me out. Stoutland's, my brother's... just... mustaches are eww.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    None of the above? Wait, that's NOT an option? Tartar sauce...

If I had to choose, I guess Liepard. I generally prefer Dark critters over Normal ones; it's quite fastl its design isn't as fugly as Stoutland. So, Liepard it is!

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    Stoutland I guess, I never used one of them but from the frequency of people using Stoutland, I guessed it is a good choice a Battling. I have also seen some of the move sets and I think there is noway Liepard can be a match for Stoutland.

Years
    Stoutland for me. Of all the normal types who can be found early in the game hes pretty much the best. Nice Design, Good Atk stat, good defenses, nice movepool. He Is pretty good.

Liepard never appeal to me to be honest, found it very squishy

Last edited:
    Years
    Liepard. I do love Lillipup but Stoutland just doesn't appeal to me physically.. at all. Although Liepard's very weak, it's more appealing, really. I'm more for looks than stats so that's how I'll base my decision o; (Why are there less votes for Liepard than people who posted choosing it?)

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
    (Why are there less votes for Liepard than people who posted choosing it?)

Either didn't vote, or voted wrong by accident

Well, Stoutland, although I hate him, I love Herdier(I don't evolve them because Stoutland's ugly). Plus it is easier to use than Liepard

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Stoutland! It has kick ass good stats and great moves compared to Liepard. Although I MUCH prefer how Liepard looks so its a hard choice.

Whistle A Tune

Keep breathing
    Years
    I like Liepard's appearance a lot more than Stoutland's. It's a sleek leopard versus a fat dog. But in the game obviously Stoutland is preferred since he has better movepool and is bulkier.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    They are tied. I am more of a cat person myself so I'm going to go with Liepard, but Stoutland's movepool wins according to better competitive battler.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I hate them both so much...well I'll have to go with Liepard because it is a cat and I do favor cats (since I have three of them) over dogs and besides its also my favorite color which is purple.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2013
    Stoutland. I used this Pokemon almost whole game and It never disappointed me.

Back