• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strange Pokémon Facts!

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    Did you know that Latias and Blaziken were going to be a single Pokémon instead of two separate Pokémon? Proof:

Spoiler:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    How about the fact that we know there's more then one Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres, but they can't breed, and don't even have a gender?

Asexual birds? Craziness.
    They don't breed in captivity. That's how I always think about it.

Electrode has a density of about 73.6 kg/m^3. This is over 13 times less dense than water, meaning Electrode would float in water. Voltorb is just over twice as dense as its evolution, and would also float in water. A handy place for an Electric-type Pokémon...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    yanmega's pokedex clearly says it can carry an adult on its back, but it cannot learn fly. as a matter of fact, neither can any other bug type. WTH, game freak?
    However, there are 2 Bug types who can learn Fly: Urugamoth and Genesect. While the latter doesn't have wings and doesn't appear to have a viable way to fly, the former does.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    While the latter doesn't have wings and doesn't appear to have a viable way to fly

Maybe it turns into a jet? :S

The only pokemon that was only featured in one episode and nothing more was "Venustoise", a combination of Blastoise and Venasuar, though it was really only an illusion created by Ghastly, so it might not count.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Strange Pokémon Facts!

This is a Ghost/Ground? And what's even weirder is that it can Fly. It has no wings, does not have Levitate as an ability, and isn't a Flying type. Now, I know that ghosts "fly" or float or whatever, but if that were the case, then other ghosts would be able to learn Fly. So why just this guy? Okay then.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Strange Pokémon Facts!

This is a Ghost/Ground? And what's even weirder is that it can Fly. It has no wings, does not have Levitate as an ability, and isn't a Flying type. Now, I know that ghosts "fly" or float or whatever, but if that were the case, then other ghosts would be able to learn Fly. So why just this guy? Okay then.

I heard that's supposed to be a reference to the movie "Iron Giant"... :\

The non-legendary Pokemon Shuckle can, as of Generation IV, deal 213,896,052 damage (under numerous conditions, though)! :cer_disbelief:

Strange Pokémon Facts!

Also, Gastly, a Ghost-type limbless floating ball of gas, can learn Fire Punch, yet as of BW, Enbuoo, a bipedal Fire-type boar starter Pokemon, cannot. And even Enbuoo's Pokedex entry makes reference to the move. WTF?! :cer_pissed:

Strange Pokémon Facts!
    Strange Pokémon Facts!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    In R/B PIkachu could not learn Thunderbolt via level up

To be fair, nothing learned T-bolt via level in R/B as it was exclusively available from the TM24 you received upon beating Lt. Surge.

Yellow was the odd game for exclusively letting Pikachu learn T-bolt via level, and since then many electric-types are capable of learning Tbolt by level. XD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Dragon and Ghost are the only types that are super-effective on themselves.
    As a dual-typed pokemon with both types being dragon is impossible, no pokemon has a 4x weakness to the dragon-type.
    Dewgong, Spheal,Sealeo and Walrein with Thick Fat all have a triple-resist to the ice-type.

Altaria and Steelix both changed their primary type upon evolution, whilst maintaining their secondary type.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I heard that's supposed to be a reference to the movie "Iron Giant"... :\

Personally, I think it's suppose to be a golem, not like the existing pokemon, Golem, but like one of these:
    Strange Pokémon Facts!

The ones I know of are of Jewish origins, and they are suppose to be some kind of guardian made of clay, so it makes sense that it would be Ghost/Ground type. :D

Also, Gastly, a Ghost-type limbless floating ball of gas, can learn Fire Punch, yet as of BW, Enbuoo, a bipedal Fire-type boar starter Pokemon, cannot. And even Enbuoo's Pokedex entry makes reference to the move. WTF?! :cer_pissed:

lol :P

Besides, since Ghastly is just a floating ball of gas, wouldn't it catch itself on fire if it used any kind of Fire-type move? :S

Back