• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strange Pokémon Facts!

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
  • Gengar was said to be a reference to the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland

That's hilarious and awesome if that's true, I knew there was something about it's smile, and that's exactly why I made this the other day:

Strange Pokémon Facts!

:D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • That's hilarious and awesome if that's true, I knew there was something about it's smile, and that's exactly why I made this the other day:

Strange Pokémon Facts!

Gengar's probably more based on the concept of a Doppelganger that hides in one's shadow in order to collect their soul, but if Gengar ever gets an animation similar to that in a main series Pokemon game, I will just dies of joy. :D

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Gengar's probably more based on the concept of a Doppelganger that hides in one's shadow in order to collect their soul, but if Gengar ever gets an animation similar to that in a main series Pokemon game, I will just dies of joy. :D

lol, I would put it into a game if I ever figure out how to make a hack, so that's the best we could get. :P

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Porygon has a BST of 395, higher then that of Butterfree, Beedrill, Dustox, and Beautifly, all Stage 3 evolutions.

• Likewise, it's first Evolution, Porygon2, has the highest BST of any Pokémon able to evolve at 515.
    • With the item Miracle of Evolution, both of Porygon2's defenses are boosted by 1.5, giving it higher defenses then Deoxys-D.

Porygon's tail has a joint hidden in it (as shown by the Show and in Mystery Dungeon), allowing it to bend to an extent.

While Porygon is shown to have pink eyelids in the 3D games, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z's are the same color as their eyes (changing from an open state to a - ).

• This is changed in Pokémon Black and White, where Porygon's eyelids are parts of its eyes, like its evolutions. However, Porygon-Z's eyes don't close at all when it's asleep.

Not counting hidden joints, Porygon, as of Generation V, has exactly 43 polygonal faces.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Kanghaskhans are hatched with a baby already in their pouch.:surprised:

LMAO! Isn't that just the funniest thing?
    Hence this comic:
    Strange Pokémon Facts!

XDDD

ANYWAYS, Charizard's shiny form used to be purple, but was changed to black... laaaaame.

Strange Pokémon Facts!
    to
    Strange Pokémon Facts!
    I think I liked purple better... =/

Haunted House of Onyx

Ghastly Ghost Trainer
    Years
  • *dies laughing at the comic*

Too hilarious.

And when I was looking up Duskull when he was first released, he was supposed to be both Ghost and Fighting. But he ended up being just a Ghost...

And why haven't they made a Jiang Shi Pokemon?

That's hilarious and awesome if that's true, I knew there was something about it's smile, and that's exactly why I made this the other day:

Strange Pokémon Facts!

Yeah, how it got the refrence because it's said that the dark, you can only see it's eyes and grin.

Last edited:
    Years
  • There is no place to take naps on your journey minus a few places. That means you trudge around for (insert time taken to play game) without eating or sleeping!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • There is no place to take naps on your journey minus a few places. That means you trudge around for (insert time taken to play game) without eating or sleeping!

Since most games nowadays have a real-time feature, I'd assume that whenever you save your game and turn it off, your character is sleeping, eating, urinating, or defecating only to finish up and return to the same exact same spot when you turn your game back on. XD

Years
  • Since most games nowadays have a real-time feature, I'd assume that whenever you save your game and turn it off, your character is sleeping, eating, urinating, or defecating only to finish up and return to the same exact same spot when you turn your game back on. XD

I thought Gold/Silver was the only games to have a time feature. R/S and D/P have a time feature as well but isn't as big a part in them as in G/S.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • When Poliwag evolves into Poliwhirl, its swirl changes direction.

When pikachus meet, instead of shaking hands or rubbing noses, they interlock their tails.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • According to Anime Dragonite is the fastest flying pokemon (ep.: Hello Pummelo!), but according to pokedex it's Shedinja which apperantly doesn't have wings to sustain flight! It has small wings that are attached to it's body and they cannot be moved!

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • Mega punch and mega kick give the impression of fighting but are actually normal type moves.

Wooper can learn ice punch but has no arms.

The first legendary Ash sees in Kanto was Ho-oh who was a Johto pokemon.

Vulpix's tail actually starts off as one tail and splits into several tails as it gets older.

Lugia is the guardian of the sea, but isn't a water type.

Every Professor's is named after a type of tree. Oak tree, Birch tree etc.

HitmonLEE and HitmonCHAN get their names from the the famous Martial Art icons Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan, and the fighting gym leader Chuck could relate to Chuck Norris.

Whitney's Gym is in the shape of a Clefairy.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • In pokemon red and blue, Lickitung could not learn lick.

All the playable trainers in the games wear head ware(hat/bandanna).

Flareon only learns one Fire Type physical move, and it is a physical fire attacker so it is rather useless.

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
    Years
  • According to Anime Dragonite is the fastest flying pokemon (ep.: Hello Pummelo!), but according to pokedex it's Shedinja which apperantly doesn't have wings to sustain flight! It has small wings that are attached to it's body and they cannot be moved!

So maybe Dragonite is just the fastest winged pokemon. :)

Back