• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Strange Times: A Pokemon Fan Game

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    Cool, looking forward to the next release.

I'm aiming for the first week of June to release the first demo. The launcher will be available but the installer will be available as well on it's own in case anybody run's into errors! Thanks so much for the interest!

Cheers!

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    Hey everyone! This is a quick video highlighting the first major business opportunity in the game. You run the businesses you purchase/buy into and they have a chance of making you rich or ruining you. In this particular video we look at Wiley Corp! Wiley Corp is responsible for a majority of the major inventions and innovations on Boken and when partnered them you can literally change the entire region.

*In this video there are no instances of cash flow. The companies basically didn't make money yet. Now, your companies bank account gains interest so there is at least one instance of cash flow generation in the game. Just not the main one.

Watch on YouTube or on the Strange Times GJ page.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    I did a list of bugs/weird stuff while playing:
    *Bed shouldn't be walkable in all sides, character goes through wall, blankets should be over the character in a separate layer.
    *Plant in the player room has no collisions
    *Left side of the desk of the player room has no collisions, it also has no sense having two computers
    *The big television downstairs in the player house has wrong collisions, character should be able to walk behind it
    *The fridge and the kitchen have the same position visually but the fridge has an extra collision, character should be able to walk all the way left without encounter it
    *No shadowing
    *plant downstairs has 1 collision at the top but none at the bottom
    *It makes no sense having such a big carpet to go outside (2 places) if the door outside is small to fit only 1.
    *The ground connecting to the door(s) is squared, the standard tileset has pieces to make it more round.
    *The mailbox should specify it's the player's home
    *In the wooden bench outside the player shouldn't be able to walk through north or south but should be able to pass behind it like it's currently possible
    *when walking to NLR farm you can notice the wooden gates (both brown and whites) are a little "Broken" graphically
    *The big cut tree has flowers which don't fit there as it's obviously squared (they should be removed/adjusted)
    *You can walk over the brown boxes near the stand
    *There are always shadows but sometimes the light is not visible
    *If i try to leave, it says "I have a feeling there's more to be done here" twice, also there's a NPC there which stands in an unreacheable place as trees have bigger than necessary collisions
    *I feel maps (especially some indoors) are way too big, more than necessary.
    *The major house's garden has flowers clipping with the gate
    *The major house's indoor has a weird line in the floor
    *The stairs to te major's house make no sense to be like that
    *A sound should be played when accessing the menu
    *Some tiles are graphically broken in the pokemon lab
    *Upstairs to rowan's place, it has no sense having a bookshelf in front a window
    *The volume difference between the various tracks is a little annoying and should be adjusted
    *Even though you have two Pokémon, the route 101 wild pokemon levels should be adjusted to be lower than 5, expect in rare cases (low % to encounter lvl 7-8)
    *It doesn't make sense having route 101 and 102 connected like that, they should be all "one" as route 101
    *Route 101 has no music (it keeps playing either littleroot's or route 102's)
    *The grass tiles are way too much repeated, they should be more random
    *The rare candy should be more rare

I stopped at route 102 for now, will continue later :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    Thanks for the list Alesteir! I think some of the things are non issues but the majority of your list is very helpful. As far as route 101 is concerned, it's important to remember this is a demo for everyone else who plays. The routes are not set in stone and route 101 is going to be much larger. I'm working on a patch now that will fix a bunch of these things though so thanks again for letting me know and keep it up!

Back