• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stress

Years
  • Do you have a lot of stress in your life? Where does it come from? How do you deal with it? And so on.

---

Typically my life isn't too stressful. Work isn't bad; sometimes it's busy and that's when it gets bad, but once everything's caught up, it's smooth sailing. My home life is pretty good too. Lately I've been sick, so between being sick and hospital bills I keep freaking out. ._.;

I'm not good with dealing with it, tbh. It just takes time. Any bad emotions I feel, it'll go away with time. Distractions are good, but I can only distract myself so much at home. It sucks.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I have zero stress! :P
    Though I did suffer from massive stress/worrying in the past, but I've overcome that.
    Every time I begin to feel like there's something to stress about now, I remind myself that it could always be worse, and that there are others who are suffering from much worse than I am. I'm grateful for everything I have, so there's no need to stress.

Another thing I tell myself is that if you have one foot in tomorrow and another foot in yesterday, then you're whizzing all over today. I've already shared this motto with Andy, bahaha.
    No use in stressing over what has already happen or things that have yet to come, because there's nothing you can really do about it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Lately I've been sick, so between being sick and hospital bills I keep freaking out. ._.;

This is what I think is your problem all along, you keep going crazy over sickness & disease. Granted, you might not be able to afford treatment, but if you keep panicking over any & all ailments that you get, it'll only get worse for you. You need to calm yourself down.

As per your question, My stress comes from whenever I do work. But even when it gets really crazy, I keep reminding myself that if the day is going to be like this, it'll actually turn out to be over faster than you'll think. In most cases, it's true. Mastering my position only helps further from here.

Past that, I turn to video games for venting out the rest of my worries.

Years
  • Yes. It comes from understanding how pointless and meaningless my life is. I deal with it by having an indiscriminating hatred towards all things.

I hate everything. I hate everyone and wish nothing but the worst for everyone and their terrible lives. There is no life more terrible than my own, but at the same time, I believe that all of our lives' are similar, and yours is terrible, too. Nothing has been taken away from me because I had nothing all along. I am alone. You are alone. The moments where we believe that we 'understand' one another and have something special are lies. The excitement and stimulation that we share is the unhealthy euphoria of the human experience that our entire civilization is built upon. Every connection I've ever had with anyone has been a mutually-agreed-upon lie, until we broke the mutual agreement, and entered into a nuclear war where we took out our own anger at ourselves or one another. We never had any hope. I do not believe that there is any beauty in the world, and any one who creates anything that tries to inspire people to feel otherwise is an ugly, filthy liar. Said artist is probably living in a dreamworld, spreading dreamworld propoganda to the masses. I am not depressed. I am coming to terms with reality. I hate everything. Culture. Music. Technology The Internet. Film. TV. My friends. My family. All of the things I own. The things I am wearing. The things that I once believed made 'me.' The dreams that I once had that I thought would fulfill me. I am just trapped 'doing crap all', and 'talking about that bullcrap' and it doesn't even matter. For many years, I have only cared about myself. Every time I have empathized with any one else, or shared a special moment, I was actually having an inwardly vulnerable moment where I was just fighting against loneliness and isolation. I hate everything. I truly believe that there is nothing left for me to accomplish in this world. I believe that even if I accomplished anything, it wouldn't matter. There is no amount of money, critical acclaim, or abstract buzz that could make me feel like I had done something meaningful. Any one who has ever felt 'proud' of something that they have done is a simpleton, searching for praise from people with distorted values. I hate everything, and I have given up on the pyramid scheme known as 'the human spirit.' There is nothing left for me in this world. I hate everything and everyone and the world will never be a better place and there is nothing that I could/should/would of done to make it a better place or even obsess over making other people happy just to make myself happy.

**** you all.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I've had a lot of stress lately because it's the last day until Spring Break! So my teachers decided that throwing tests at us like no tomorrow would be a good idea and I've had to deal with intensive studying. That's been stressful because I have almost no free time (except now, which is technically a "break") and the lack of sleep is getting to me.

Other than that, I try hard not to stress too much. It backfires, but yeah. Just kinda happens.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I have a lot of stress to deal with, from both college and work. It's amazing that I find a place to channel it all out... lol

@ Drakow - Mind elaborating what in your life is so terrible? I highly doubt your life is the worst of all people.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Most of my stress comes from my schoolwork/homework. There are times when I don't want to do it because I don't like the directions, or find the assignment hard. I deal with it by asking my teachers to help me with the difficult parts.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Yeah, there's some stressful things going on for me, right now. The most stressful at the moment would be trying to finish school. I graduate in about a month and a half, and I'm actually trying to do well this semester. Then, I think about the things I need to do after I graduate/should do now. I think about college and signing up for it and having to pay for which is going to be difficult because my mom and I are poor, I need to start job hunting, and I actually need to learn how to drive. -____-

Then sometimes I think, "If I died, life would be easier! :D (for me, at least)" Gotta be optimistic about something, am I right?

Years
  • I wouldn't say I have a lot of actual stress in my life, no. I tend to make little things into big problems since I blow things out of proportion pretty often, though :/ Usually it involves silly stuff like upcoming presentations or a dry red spot I might've gotten on my skin (where I instantly assume it's omgringworm etc etc).

I usually don't do anything to help me feel better since nothing really ever distracts me from it. The best cure for me is time.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I have a few health things that I need to stay on top of daily with meds. Sometimes it can keep me out of class for a week or so and THAT is rough on the quarter system, so when I miss school and work, it piles up, and that gets me more stressed.

But really, I could have it so much worse, so I really try not to dwell on it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • For me, literally the only way to deal with stress is to solve whatever is stressing me. I can't distract myself, I can't take my mind off it; it just has to be dealt with or I can't rest lol.

But right now I don't really have any stress in my life. It's all good.

Victini

Do you have a lot of stress in your life?

Uhm... s-sad to say, yes. I do. I have a grave deal of stress in my life... and it's usually caused by, unfortunately, letting myself get caught up in friend issues and taking a great deal of heat from it. I care a lot for my friends, so I usually end up directly in the line of fire dealing with whatever it is that they are dealing with... T^T; I'm super prone to mistakes too... so I end up either saying something wrong or doing something wrong and upsetting somebody somewhere... v.v; I think I also care too much what others say and think of me... it's hard to deal with.. it really is...

Where does it come from?

People, friends, responsibilities... tons of things. ;;

How do you deal with it?

I usually isolate myself by plugging in earphones and blasting music that I love. ^^ If I can't do that for whatever reason, I find somewhere quiet or less hectic and just sit for a while and breathe. Breathing and listening to music are my best remedies. :3

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • I always have constant stress, but I learned to deal with it by pouring it into drawings, very long showers, socializing, and tons of sleep. I haven't really gotten myself into a situation where I would call it "stressful," but I'm still young, so I doubt I could go through a real problem that easily.

Stress comes from everywhere, honestly. I focus too much into details others don't seem to consider or notice.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • Yes. It comes from understanding how pointless and meaningless my life is. I deal with it by having an indiscriminating hatred towards all things.

I hate everything. I hate everyone and wish nothing but the worst for everyone and their terrible lives. There is no life more terrible than my own, but at the same time, I believe that all of our lives' are similar, and yours is terrible, too. Nothing has been taken away from me because I had nothing all along. I am alone. You are alone. The moments where we believe that we 'understand' one another and have something special are lies. The excitement and stimulation that we share is the unhealthy euphoria of the human experience that our entire civilization is built upon. Every connection I've ever had with anyone has been a mutually-agreed-upon lie, until we broke the mutual agreement, and entered into a nuclear war where we took out our own anger at ourselves or one another. We never had any hope. I do not believe that there is any beauty in the world, and any one who creates anything that tries to inspire people to feel otherwise is an ugly, filthy liar. Said artist is probably living in a dreamworld, spreading dreamworld propoganda to the masses. I am not depressed. I am coming to terms with reality. I hate everything. Culture. Music. Technology The Internet. Film. TV. My friends. My family. All of the things I own. The things I am wearing. The things that I once believed made 'me.' The dreams that I once had that I thought would fulfill me. I am just trapped 'doing crap all', and 'talking about that bullcrap' and it doesn't even matter. For many years, I have only cared about myself. Every time I have empathized with any one else, or shared a special moment, I was actually having an inwardly vulnerable moment where I was just fighting against loneliness and isolation. I hate everything. I truly believe that there is nothing left for me to accomplish in this world. I believe that even if I accomplished anything, it wouldn't matter. There is no amount of money, critical acclaim, or abstract buzz that could make me feel like I had done something meaningful. Any one who has ever felt 'proud' of something that they have done is a simpleton, searching for praise from people with distorted values. I hate everything, and I have given up on the pyramid scheme known as 'the human spirit.' There is nothing left for me in this world. I hate everything and everyone and the world will never be a better place and there is nothing that I could/should/would of done to make it a better place or even obsess over making other people happy just to make myself happy.

**** you all.

Unfortunately I tend to agree with much of what you've written. However I dont feel as aggressive as you do, or perhaps I once did, on the subject as Im now too tired. I have come to feel this way due to many issues, mainly health related. Life is a Motherf*#%er and doesn't give an inch so dont expect anything and you wont be dissapointed (Much).

Stress is a subjective thing and self inflicted, however it is our intelligence as a species that is to blame here. To stress is counterproductive, but to not stress is a sign of complacency which is equally as counterproductive. The same way that fear is a sign of intelligence, as to be afraid is to be aware, the resulting states are cowardly or courageous depending on how you personally process the facts.

I must admit that I have had a good laugh at this thread so far. I crack up when I see kids that say that school work and study is hard and stressful. As an adult in the workforce for many years and having completed many years of tertiary study I can confidently say that in years to come, when real life stress' such as family, business, financial, health etc hit, you will pray for homework and study and regret all the time you wasted worry about such things.

I have much stress, all of which is self inflicted but not without cause, I have been chronically sick for over 2 years now, I have no sign of improvement, not for lack of trying, I have exhausted myself, mentally, physically and financially only to find no answers. The cruellest thing about my condition is that you cant die from it directly, you have to continue on trying to uphold the promises you made as a healthy man, such as continuing to work, run a business, raise a family, build a house etc, which all feel like cheques I wrote a life time ago but can no longer cash.

When all you have to look forward to is chronic pain, discomfort, loss of what you have worked for and certain deterioration of your condition, then you have something to stress about.

Pokemon does help, funnily enough, as I feel in control, which is rare for me these days. A little world all of my own, I am the champion, ruler and supreme authority, which is comforting even if superficial. It also reminds me of a time when I was healthy and hopeful, which is bitter sweet but nostalgic all the same. It also requires minimal physical effort which makes it more enjoyable for me.

Zeus

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • My current stress is coming from stuff related to me not finding work... my having to live back home, me not having enoigh money to do what I want, the sheer absurdity of some of these online job applications... and needless to say, with my constant screaming at the computer screen and ranting about my jobless situation to anyone within earshot, I'm not handling it well. But oddly enough, that same ranting and yelling seems to calm me down for a while.

Outside of that, I'm actually relatively stress-free since I, you know, don't actually have anything to do...

Years
  • I would have a lot more stress in my life if I took some things more seriously than I do. I'm kinda a serious person already so I purposely try to not care about some things in order to keep the stress of worrying from overwhelming me. Like at work I just do what I need to do and don't get involved in people's drama, and in general I hoard money so I don't have scarcity issues related stress.

Sometimes I do the wrong thing and just ignore what's causing me stress, like doing my taxes (which I finally did this weekend) and that comes back to bite me in the ass, but I'm lucky in that I can often get that solved quickly. That's usually my approach to stress, to treat it like spaghetti and figuratively throw it against a wall and see if it sticks, that is, if it's really something to stress over or if it will clear up on its own.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Ever since I've become relatively anti-social with my friends, I haven't had many stress problems. Most of them are from not studying hard enough for tests, not getting As in class, and forgetting my racket bag in my dad's car while he's at work. Oh, and drama class is always a little stressful as my teacher kind of despises my guts. :(

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Yes, from school. I go to one of the best schools in the state, and cause of that, a lot's expected of me, and I try my hardest to achieve those expectations, which isn't easy. Add the fact that it's junior year, and I'm REALLY stressed.. I only got a 1970 on the SATs and I gotta retake it. =(

Back