• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Stronger than Arceus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
    Arceus is based on this:

Stronger than Arceus?

"The Qilin (Chinese: 麒麟; pinyin: qílín; Wade–Giles: ch'i-lin), also spelled Kirin (from Japanese) or sometimes Kyrin, is a mythical hooved Chinese chimerical creature known throughout various East Asian cultures, and is said to appear in conjunction with the arrival of a sage. It is a good omen that brings rui (Chinese: 瑞; pinyin: ruì; roughly translated as "serenity" or "prosperity"). It is often depicted with what looks like fire all over its body. It is sometimes called the "Chinese unicorn" due to conflation with the unicorn by Westerners.

The earliest references to the Qilin are in the 5th century BC book Zuo Zhuan.[1][2] The Qilin made appearances in a variety of subsequent Chinese works of history and fiction. At one point, however, it became identified with the giraffe, and even today, the giraffe is called a "kirin" by the Japanese and Koreans.
    The Qilin became tiger like after their disappearance in real life and become a stylised representation of the giraffe in Ming Dynasty.[3][4] It is known that on Zheng He's voyage to East Africa (landing, among other places, in modern-day Kenya), the fleet brought back two giraffes to Beijing. It is also known that these two giraffes were referred to as "Qilins".[5] The Emperor proclaimed the giraffes magical creatures, whose capture signalled the greatness of his power.
    The identification between the Qilin and the giraffe is supported by some attributes of the Qilin, including its vegetarian and quiet nature. Its reputed ability to "walk on grass without disturbing it" may be related to the giraffe's long legs. Also the Qilin is described as having antlers like a deer and scales like a dragon or fish; since the giraffe has horn-like "ossicones" on its head and a tessellated coat pattern that looks like scales it is easy to draw an analogy between the two creatures.

It is unlikely that giraffes and qilin were regarded as the same creature in pre-modern times however. For example, typical depictions of the qilin have much shorter necks than giraffes. However, the Chinese characters of Qilun 麒 and 麟 both carry Chinese radical 鹿, suggesting that the eyewitness described them deer like animal, or perhaps an antelope."

I think it would be hilarious if Victini were that powerful. 730 or 750 base stats would be insane if wielded by a 5 pound mouse thing. xD

He looks more like Raikou than Arcues
    i hope the little V pokemon does beat it. that would be the best thing ever
    even better,in ishuu,arceus gets a new form,even bigger, with 1 in each stat at level 100

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    ^^^^

Yeah I hope there is like a Devil pokemon, something extremely powerful like Arceus only evil and full of Darkness.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
    Arceus is the creator of the universe, come on. They can't have anything more powerful than that. What they can do, is "take it off". Like Jirachi. Jirachi can make every wish real and that's pretty powerful, but he only appears each 1000 years. Arceus could have a drawback like that.

Or, the new pokemon doesn't have to be more powerful than Arceus. If you look, Zekrom/Reshiram aren't powerful as Dialga/Palkia are, and that's not a problem.

A person with just one eye is a king in a country of blind people. You know what I mean? xD

The new "god" pokemon just have to be the mightiest of Isshu, and it's ok.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I don't get WHY a new generation has to have more powerful legendaries compared to the previous.

Arceus can still maintain it's God of Pokemon status with more legendaries that are weaker than it.

Remember? New generations are area that ALREADY "existed" in the Pokemon world - Even though it's new to us, even generation 6 Pokemon already "existed" to them.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    i know that pokemon games are trying to make better pokemon but if arceus is the GOD pokemon i think it should be strong or at least be different than others :(

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I don't get WHY a new generation has to have more powerful legendaries compared to the previous.

Arceus can still maintain it's God of Pokemon status with more legendaries that are weaker than it.

Remember? New generations are area that ALREADY "existed" in the Pokemon world - Even though it's new to us, even generation 6 Pokemon already "existed" to them.
    that actually made good sence. Your right, in the pokemon world all the pokemon already exist, but their only new to us, so if we all think that way, they would have no reason to overpower arceus.

Houndoom Shinigami

Ruler of Shinigami
    Years
    that actually made good sence. Your right, in the pokemon world all the pokemon already exist, but their only new to us, so if we all think that way, they would have no reason to overpower arceus.

I agree. In the Pokemon world, even Isshu already existed, but we didn't know. So yeah, no reason to overpower Arceus.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    Arceus must have existed in the days of RBY,it's just that the Kanto people didnt know about it so they thought Mewtwo was the most powerful Pokemon.
    Maybe in Isshu,there could be a situation like that,where the Isshu people think (insert Isshu legendary name here) is the most powerful Pokemon but it is surpassed by Arceus and the only reason Isshu people think (insert Isshu legendary name here) is the most powerful Pokemon is because they don't know about Arceus.
    (That's a sensible reason 'cos they don't even know about Pikachu)

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
    haha, guys, i dont know what youre talking about. Victini is stronger than arceus! It is the Victory pokemon, after all! It has to be able to beat arceus!

Dude, that makes no sense.
    And seriously, if they say Victini is more powerful than Arceus, I'll not play B/W.

You can't create a God for a generation, and 2 years later say that that "god" is weak and a small and cute pokemon can kill it. Seriously, you can't.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
    I'm kind of hoping that we won't get a legendary overkill this time. But given the pattern of the games, they're probably going to put ~something~ to compete with Arceus.

My best guess at this point would be something like a cult summoning a Pokemon that rivals Arceus, perhaps a devil figure as some mentioned.

Or maybe Mudkipz finally rises to the top and earns its rightful title while overthrowing Arceus.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    I do rather like the idea of the Omega Pokemon. You know, a god and a devil
    Arceus as a god pokemon, doesnt represent christian comprehension of god, meaning that he is good while satan is evil, arceus is a god only in a way that he created the pokemon world, he doesnt represent sides or is considered evil nor good. Have in mind that japanese made these games so they are not christians like you(I suppose since ur talking about devil and god) and have different views on their gods.
    However it is possible that an omega pokemon will be made, as in arceus creates the world but omega wants to end it. That doesnt necessarily make him evil nor arceus good, its just his purpose to end the world, as in lets say, he doesnt like how ppl have become so he wants to end the world, then let the arceus make a new one. This also fits eastern religious view better, since they believe everything cycles in the world.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    well imo there has to be, well a counterpart to it. Since Arceus is called a 'god', why not make a devil pokemon. Yeah I know its not pokemon's style but I really want to see that happen.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    i think we should just deal with whatever gamefreak provides for us..... whatever legendaries they give us it won't matter, it is what it is haha.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    i just found an argument to my own idea..lol
    i said that there should arceus should be strongest with maybe a devil counterpart.
    but now that i think when gen 2 and 3 wasnt released, mewto and mew were supposedly the strongest, then came gen 2 and 3 which brought even stronger legends! so im guessing with 4, 5 will have stornger legends and so on. but really it only matters how u train it...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back