• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid Pokemon Things You Did/Thought When you Were Little

Lightey

The Night Owl
Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    For me:

1. My cousin said I could catch any Pokemon with a Master Ball, so I used it on another trainers Pokemon.
    lol

2. I thought that after kids go to bed adults have Pokemon battles with their real Pokemon.

xD

Eltono Burn

I Love Cats!
    Years
  • I thought there was a cheat if you hold the "L" button and throw a Pokeball it'll catch it 100%
    I kept trying but it never worked!

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    iused to think that when u pressed b and a wheneverr the pokeball moved u catch it

and it actually worked XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I saw this site and they said there were this pokemon called Pokegods. I tried everything to get them until I figured out they were fake.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I didn't like training Pokemon, so I only trained my Cyndaquil and maybe a Pidgey or something.

By the time I got to Whitney, I lost atleast a dozen times. I finally gave up, lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2020
    I used to think that if you caught all of the unknowns in pokemon crystal, you would get a super-rare, never seen pokemon...

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I used to think Fury Attack was pronounced 'Furry Attack' (God knows).

There was also a time when I wasn't aware that pressing a combination of buttons on the 'Game Boy' start up screen caused the game to load different colours and one day I must have been messing about pressing loads of buttons and the game loaded up in Red. Obviously not knowing wtf was going on I got all excited and ran to the nearest patch of grass to try and catch Red Pokémon. The wonders of youth...

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
    Years
  • I don't exactly recall my "stupidest" thing I ever did in Pokemon. It must be the time I believed that Rock types can defeat and neutralize Electric attacks... (Their similarities with Ground types.) This belief continued until I had gotten my Pokemon Emerald. I used Regirock to compete in the first challenge in Battle Pyramid. (The Paralyzing-filled floors muddled with Electric types.) I saw an Electabuzz and I confidently took it on even though my health was ¼ (Due to a trainer's Corphish.) I was ready to use Earthquake when it used Thunder punch. Naturally, Regirock fainted. And I was like "WTF!? How the freakin' hell? What happened, Regirock was supposed to KO that walking lightning rod!?!?!?"

Ah, ignorance is bliss...

Scytherr

<3pokemon
    Years
  • When I was a beginner, I trained a squirtle to lv 50 in the first route in pokemon blue xD Also, pidgeys and rattatas in lv 2-3 xD HAHAHAHA. I thought that was the meaning of the game.. LOL!!

Years
  • Ah! I wasted mai Masterball on a Tentacool!
    I was like 5 or 6, and I needed a water type...
    When I was about 5, I also didn't know that Electric types didn't affect Ground types. So I pitted my Jolteon against a Dugtrio...and kept on using Thunderbolt.
    I'm like, "Keep on using Thunderbolt! It'll hit eventually!" O.O

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • I took 5 goes at catching Mewtwo, because I was scared of using my Masterball. I still have it on my blue game - I didn't even catch the legendary Birds or the Mew from the Mew Glitch from in the master ball!

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Ah, yes. Rattata's name was always pronounced 'Ratta-tat' or something like that. I also thought you HAD to choose Squirtle when I played Blue version. And I wasted my Masterball on a Skarmory in Silver -_-;

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • i thought missingno. was an actually pokemon XD

also i wasted a masterball on a pidgey

Flaming Pikachu

My Prices are Nice Nice Baby
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    I believed a magic truck would grant my wish of pink clown footed cuteness.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    My friend told me that If I released my lvl 67 Charizard into the wild, If I came back around the same area the next day, it would appear, at level 99, and I could catch it without attacking it, with a pokeball. I fell for it.

Back