• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid Warnings

Gunn

horror resident
Years
  • Has anyone ever come across bizarre warnings, instructions or anything on products? I have.

On a bottle of soda pop, it says to twist the cap off away from face, seeing that the contents inside the bottle under pressure will supposedly make the cap to blow off and cause ... injury. I think I'd like to meet the person that had that happen to him or her.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • The story behind that one was because of an old man. HE, as in, himself, spilled hot coffee he ordered from McDonalds on HIMSELF, and got second-degree burns from it. He then blamed the fast food restaurant for it because they made his beverage too hot. OH NOEZ.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Sigh....some people are so stupid....and living in a litigous society doesnt help....
    You could get sued for someone intentionally hurting themselves in your own back yard for christ's sake!
    Every year over 1000 frivolous lawsuits are dismissed...and te funny thing is that it's not illegal to frivolously sue.
    And what really ticks me off is when people are so afraid of getting sued that they implement obstructive and dern near pointless policies that are only there for a 'legal pooh shield' these policies prevent good people with common sense from doing things that they could once do... EX: At wal-mart kids used to be able to use their skate shoes in the bigger stores...1 little old lady falls and breaks her hip because she intentionally stepped in front of the kid because she didnt like his attitude and BAM! she falls, the kid freaks out and runs and pretty soon the little old lady, finding noone else to blame, blames walmart for not preventing the 'accident'.
    People sue to get money...it's like Asch said.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    LOl, Lets see, this Aloe Vera spray... Do not use while smoking.

Fabreeze; Logo: Take a nice big sniff and relax

warning: Inhaling may cause injury or fatality

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    It's because people are suing for stupid things nowadays just to get money.

Indeed.
    Some people are now just money hungry it's a shame these days.
    We just have to deal with that stupidity & money clouds their judgment.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • In 2004 a bill was passed to disallow further suits on fast food companies for obesity claims. Now if they could only make it so every instance of a product being manhandled is disallowed. Alas, this is America. People love to sue.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • LOl, Lets see, this Aloe Vera spray... Do not use while smoking.

Fabreeze; Logo: Take a nice big sniff and relax

warning: Inhaling may cause injury or fatality

lol.
    I can imagine a woman sparying fabreeze all over her house, taking a big sniff, and sitting on a couch. Later, her husband comes in and shes dead.

I think were looking at a lawsuit here!!!

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Don't forget.. soem of these things are by accident. For example.. you know the warning labels on ladders say to not use them in "So and so" conditions? Well, one time a farmer (in the winter) was cleaning off his roof and placed his ladder ontop the frozen manuer. He has perfectly fine when he had come down. The enxt day he went up to finish his job, but on the way down, the manuer had thawed out and he collasped and broke.. well I'm not quite sure what. In the end, he sue'd the ladder company and it had gone through and he won because there was no proper label saying "Do not place ontop of manuer".

Years
  • Not quite on a product but at a car park near where I live, a sign warns "Danger DEEP GULLY" when it's only about 2-3 inches deep. Perhaps it might be warning those above but it's down low as if it's warning those in the ground area.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • I laughed out loud at that Fabreeze one. xDD

Hm, weird warnings I've encountered.... Besides the CAUTION: CONTENTS MAY BE HOT warnings, there's not many. Not really a product, but I find the fact that an artist makes a rule "DO NOT STEAL" for their art is kind of stupid. I mean, is a random art theif going to be looking at their artwork and thinking of stealing it, looks up at the rule and say "Omg, I can't steal it. Oh well, I'll just go home! ^-^"? xDD Never met an art stealer like that,

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    There's a road sign here that says "Blind People Crossing" Surrounded by red with an explanation mark.

If people are blind, how are they gonna find a remote sign which has no braille near by or any other blind aid?

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
  • I've come across a few myself.

On the bottom of a pie box: "Do not flip box upside down"

On a swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to put genitals on the chainsaw"

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    On a swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to put genitals on the chainsaw"
    o.o;;

I've seen many stupid warnings. I even remember reading a magazine article about them xD But that was a while ago...I can't remember many now.

Years
  • What a coincidence, I happened to find this article just earlier today. XD
    Are we really that stupid?

In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed through stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods:
    On Sears hair dryer:
    Do not use while sleeping.
    On a bag of Fritos:
    You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.
    On a bar of Dial soap:
    Directions: Use like regular soap.
    On some Swanson frozen dinners:
    Serving suggestions: Defrost.
    Printed on the bottom of Tesco Tiramisu dessert:
    Do not turn upside down.
    On Marks and Spencer Bread Pudding:
    Product will be hot after heating.
    On packaging for a Rowenta iron:
    Do not iron clothes on body.
    On Boot's Children's Cough Medicine:
    Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication.
    On Nytol Sleep Aid:
    Warning: May cause drowsiness.
    On most brands of Christmas lights:
    For indoor or outdoor use only.
    On a Japanese food processor:
    Not to be used for the other use.
    But I remember this bag of peanuts in a plane:

"Warning: Contains nuts. Instructions: open packet, eat nuts."

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
  • There's a road sign here that says "Blind People Crossing" Surrounded by red with an explanation mark.

If people are blind, how are they gonna find a remote sign which has no braille near by or any other blind aid?

If it's a road sign, maybe it's to warn drivers that blind people cross there?

Some of those warnings up there are just down right silly though. XD Most companies place them there to avoid liability.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • There's a road sign here that says "Blind People Crossing" Surrounded by red with an explanation mark.

That's like the road sign in my neighborhood that says, "Slow Children Crossing." :P

Back