• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"(****) sucks, I don't know how people can like it"

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    Have you ever liked something so much and you've grown attached to it and when someone disses it, it is like they have dissed a family member or good friend, you go out of your way to defend your interest and they keep on dissing it.

I had a teacher tell me that "Pokemon was for 5-year-olds", that pissed me off so much, that I had to leave the classroom to cool off.

I've also seen many people criticize my fave music artists and I've actually taken offense.

Years
    I'm not really someone who grows overly attached to something, usually.

That being said, I do like Bayern Munich (soccer/football club in Germany), but because it has been so successful over the years with rich history, people naturally hate it. Let them hate all they want, it's not going to change anything.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    My family pulls my leg all the time for liking pokemon, but that's pretty much it. I don't get attached to a lot of things, so pokemon is the only thing they tease about.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm like daigonite, most of my interests have been bashed by people before. I either ignore them, or if they're dissing it too bad I try to point out things about it they might find okay - sometimes it works, and sometimes they just don't wanna hear it.

I've known a lot of kids, and co-workers and a family member who bash anime, cosplay, JRPGs, and K-pop a lot. There's also a couple of coworkers that like Dr. Who and they get laughed at sometimes.

Standing up for something that you love is good, but at the same time, you don't wanna go overkill and jam it down their throats that ______ is the best thing ever.

Years
    I tell my parents how technical and mathy pokemon is and they nod their head as if they understand :3 Nah they respect what I like it's all good.

Years
    Plushes would be my number one attachment and despite bringing one home every time I find one, my parents are aware that I'm completely obsessed with them :3 Especially my mom, she normally shares the same love for cute plushes as I do~ Also, before they didn't realize how web design and programming were such hobbies of mine preferring that I stuck with my psychology program last year. Now they're fine with it and are very accepting of the change :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Most things I like tend to get a bash, and I can shrug it off if it's a light joke. What I can't knock off is if it's something like, "Pokemon fans are just 40 year old virgin idiots" or something of the sort. That kind of crap I don't tolerate, even if it's about something I'm not interested in. I usually say something if it comes to that. I don't keep quiet when I'm mad and when the person talking is an ignorant waste of space.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Being a Nintendo fan with the way the gaming industry is currently unfolding is getting harder and harder.

I would also mention Pokémon, but it obviously falls under the aforementioned Nintendo umbrella. XD

Years
    There are things I tend to feel this way about, like certain games, movies, TV shows, etc. But after a while when something else of said series comes out, I tend to stop caring and realize nothing is for everybody.

Years
    My mother dislikes the fact that I enjoy watching Adventure Time, which she considers a rather stupid show.. and she teases me all the time by asking me if she wants to buy me a Finn hat and I'm like "no, mom..."

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    Pokemon, really. That and what I usually watch (which considers of cartoons, cartoons and guess what? Cartoons.) My brother likes to call me a baby if he sees me doing anything related to Pokemon or toons...

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I'm not really someone who grows overly attached to something, usually.

That being said, I do like Bayern Munich (soccer/football club in Germany), but because it has been so successful over the years with rich history, people naturally hate it. Let them hate all they want, it's not going to change anything.

Bayern isn't hated because it's successful, but because it steals good players from other German teams to monopolize the Bundesliga, since no German team can financially compete with Bayern. In other countries at least for every Real Madrid there's a Barcelona, but not in Germany. A solution would be to allow foreign capital to hold more than 50% of the shares of each club. We would see unreliable sheiks buying into Dortmund, Schalke, Hamburg and other teams, but at least it would help level the field like in English football.

The internet is full of stupid haters. Stuff like Twilight is bad, but will you really bother creating a whole site dedicated to hating it? (it exists) Even if the fans of Twilight are obnoxious.

Shhmew

Years
    Oh totally, liking things like Pokemon and My Little Pony just makes me an easy target to poke fun at ;P But I've never actually been bashed or even dissed, just lightly teased. They never have bad intentions so I never take it personally.

A few times though I will see someone make a really uneducated argument against something I love (those who say Pokemon is only for little kids is a good example) and then I can get pretty pissed or sad about it. Stubborn ignorance is just the worst. :c

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    Most things I like tend to get a bash, and I can shrug it off if it's a light joke. What I can't knock off is if it's something like, "Pokemon fans are just 40 year old virgin idiots" or something of the sort. That kind of crap I don't tolerate, even if it's about something I'm not interested in. I usually say something if it comes to that. I don't keep quiet when I'm mad and when the person talking is an ignorant waste of space.

That is just general stereotyping, just like all Directioners and Beliebers are "12-year-old girls who don't know real music", when most of us are in High School, just finishing or are in college some of us are even working, and there are quite a few male fans of 1D and JB and I seriously don't know the definition of "real music".

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    My mom thinks that Adventure Time is for kids, and whenever she catches me watching it, she calls it "that kiddie show". I try to explain to her that it has a deeper meaning beneath the quirky cartoon characters, but she just nods and pretends to listen.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    Pokemon is something that I know would have if I didn't keep it on the down low. The other one was this MMORPG called Runescape. Parents always make fun of me for that.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    As you can see, a lot of people here incuding myself are attached to Pokemon. When a friend says to me it's a kids game i go freakin' berserk. I have friends who play it and friends who don't and that's okay, but i didn't come to your house, pointed at stuff and calling them stupid right?

Back