• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Suggestion/Idea: Weather & Seasons on Diamond/Pearl

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
  • gs135790 said:
    Seasons would be a good Idea, they could make the seasons last like 3 days each, so people wouldn't have to wait the whole year for a pokemon.
    That's a nice idea, I think if the creators of Pokemon heard you he would do that but it's all his and the directors and such ideas and I will bet you one bit that they will make it so all seaons and Pokemon are fun to enjoy and it wont bore the game that you wont play anymore cause the DS comes with alot of cool new functions and remember this game does not come out till like kind of the end of the year and they might still be creating it thinking of ideas that players will enjoy and will not bore them..

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    I like this seasons idea but we would need a way to make it realistic. Actually it wouldn't work, because seasons are different for different people and affect some countries different then others.

Last edited:

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • seda said:
    I like this seasons idea but we would need a way to make it realistic. Actually it wouldn't work, because seasons are different for different people and affect some countries different then others so.
    Maybe for each season like for fall there will be falling leaves from trees like it would be nice if they would make it realistic if that happen. And for Christmas snow falling from the sky... And for spring you can see like flowers blooming every where and for summer they can make like a hot sunny day( like you can see the sun shining all the time...) Just what I was thinking..

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    Well all I was saying is for some countries when its winter here its summer there.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • seda said:
    Well all I was saying is for some countries when its winter here its summer there.
    That's why they will probably make a function of seasons which you can pick.
    Like seasons you can pick(The season in your area-country now...)

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    That would be cool like your mom asks you what season is it and that starts the cycle.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • seda said:
    That would be cool like your mom asks you what season is it and that starts the cycle.
    Yeah and maybe an automatic machine starts like 2-3 days after you started a new season to ask what season it is.
    And maybe so you don't cheat on the seasons like if you want a pokemon from the Christmas season you can't get it after you already just had it so it only ask you like if you want for ex. Fall,Spring, or Summer.....
    after you have had the christmas season, you know what I mean?

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    That would be cool but I think it the did it they would have to stck to one cycle like warm equals june and cold equal december. Also seasons should just affect likly hood of see a pokemon not what is actally seen, leave that to night and day.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • seda said:
    That would be cool but I think it the did it they would have to stck to one cycle like warm equals june and cold equal december. Also seasons should just affect likly hood of see a pokemon not what is actally seen, leave that to night and day.
    That's what people have said in this thread, I would not like seasoned Pokemon cause you'll only be able to see some Pokemon is one season and not another... so you'll have to wait like 3 days for the pokemon from that season to come up again... Well maybe, you never know maybe it wont be like this...
    But seasons by itself would be cool, during the game! xD

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    No thats not what I ment. Seasons will flow in their rightful ways but in winter grass pokemon will be less likely to appear. None of the 3 days seasons or pick your season stuff.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • seda said:
    No thats not what I ment. Seasons will flow in their rightful ways but in winter grass pokemon will be less likely to appear. None of the 3 days seasons or pick you season stuff.
    Oh I understand now, it's true. You know maybe since like winter is like ice-water type then grass wont come cause that is super effetive to them, just like my example...

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    Correct like grass dosen't grow in winter and ice melts in the summer.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • seda said:
    Correct like grass dosen't grow in winter and ice melts in the summer.
    Like ice-water pokemon wont show in the summer... and maybe like fire pokemon will show in spring or summer...

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • seda said:
    Spring = grass
    Summer = fire
    Fall = ?
    Winter = ice
    Nice list. Maybe fall can me ground or rock... Not sure, sorry for the offtopicness but want to be friends, we seem to get along and your nice...

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    lol, sure, :)

Back on topic Fall I can not think of any pokemon the matches fall.

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    Why dark types? Isn't in windy in the fall maybe flying types. Geese are everywhere.

Back