• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sun & Moon - The End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Can someone just give me a summary on all thre- oh wait, sorry, "two and a half" parts of this theory? I honestly feel it won't be worth my time watching them since they're pretty long, but I'm still curious as to why this theory is blowing up so much.

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    ProtoMario basically saying what most, if not the majority of us knew anyway, which is that as long as Pokemon keeps generating revenue and overall profit for Nintendo, it's not going to end.

Only a crazy person would believe the franchise would end as long as it's successful. The sales would have to drop down to "niche" levels to even be considered dropping; something like <500k/<1m sales a title.

However, there's strong reason to believe that Sun and Moon is the end of something. It may be the end of the current lore that ties the generations together, but a new one will take its place in Gen 8. Of course, nothing interesting may happen whatsoever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
  • For future advice, when you want to embed a particular youtube video, you want to do [youtube]1RSGN-REYj8[/youtube], as these are the indicators after the v= in the url that would allow you to embed the video in your posts. ^^

Thank you! I went ahead and edited my other post!

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • God, I don't think I'll waste my time with the another theory... I watched the first two and I've already forgot about everything and I don't actually believe in it, so I don't think I'll need to watch the video '-' Does this kind of speculation about the current generation being "The end of the Pokémon Franchise" happened with other gens?

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Really? Than it's pretty unlikely Pokémon will end in gen 7. The franchise gains lots of money, so I don't think they will suddenly stop making Pokémon games :/

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I hate when people say pokemon should reboot. They don't understand the word.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I know I said I would only post his multi-part videos and not his side videos, but this is something I'll have to make an exception since nobody's posted it here yet:

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I think the reboot will mostly only cater to a niche audience of pokemon and will probably end up making em lose money.

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    I think the reboot will mostly only cater to a niche audience of pokemon and will probably end up making em lose money.

Reboots in general rarely pay off. Pokemon being rebooted would also mean the vast majority of what players own up to this point would be incompatible with the new game, as the Pokemon and whatnot wouldn't exist in the new canon.

Beyond the initial reboot, the only logical way to move the series forward would be to add changes, new Pokemon, etc again. But according to some, players don't like any of that stuff. Pokemon would reboot to Gen 1, then just... go nowhere from there? The series would stagnate.

Best course of action would be to not reboot the main series. If anything needs a "reboot" it would be the anime.

And this is using "reboot" in the sense of a "reset". If they rebooted, in the normal sense, it would mean that they would be remaking the series with a new vision. This means it wouldn't go back necessarily to "Gen 1", but an alternate interpretation of "Gen 1". For example: It would still have Mega Evolutions/Z Moves, and possibly even design changes to old Pokemon; removal of some of the forgettable Gen 1 Pokemon; likely including select post-Gen 1 Pokemon and whatnot. It wouldn't be the Gen 1 that started the franchise.

It would be more akin to reboots in comics. So a rebooted Batman is still Batman, but the rebooted version now has a huge alcohol and drug problem, and sometimes loses control and hurts himself and others. Alfred doesn't exist in this reboot because Batman killed him during one of his rampages.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • We have had reboots before. Gen III & V. Gen III was the start of the post original vision of a series that was originally planned to end with GS. Plus it set off the remakes. Meanwhile BW was new pokémon only until pst game, and was The Pokémon Company even referred to them as a 'Reboot'. Huh, reboots tend not to do all that well for them, as RS and BW sold less than GS and DP did...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back