• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sun & Moon - The End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    While I don't agree with his theory about Pokémon coming to an end, I still find his speculation regarding the Aether Foundation's role in the game to be very interesting. It adds on perfectly to the space theme that SM seems to be pushing for; aside from the alchemical themes that Lockstin is pushing for, astronomists and physicists during the late 19th century believed that "aether" was the material that made up the universe above the terrestrial sphere, which meant the regions above and beyond the Earth's moon.

With that said, it's interesting to note that the Aether Foundation are conducting research on Cosmog and Ultra Beasts, all of which seem to be space and alien-themed. Space travel in-game incoming? That's pretty huge in terms of plot for the main series games. When speculation like that starts up, that's probably why a few people think it's the "end".

Years
    No, it won't be the last gen. (I fully expect Pokemon to still be going in another 20 years).

And no, I don't expect a reboot either. A reboot would be absolutely moronic and I would not be a part of it lol.

Smash Brony

Cool Dude
    Years
    I severely doubt that this will be the end... Pok?mon is a household name & is probably MORE popular now than it was "back in the day".

& I think that only "genwunners" would support a reboot & no offense to them, but I'm pretty sure they're in the minority. So if they were to do a reboot...

It wouldn't be pretty.

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    This ridiculous theory every generation..maybe the end for me but I would have to try it when released for full review.

I can though understand in this case why some wonder if Sun and Moon will be the last generation—with all the allusions to past generations and stuff it almost gives a sense of wrapping things up, though I think it's mainly due to this year being the franchise's 20th anniversary

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Fans go along with many things, theyd probably accept a reboot. Not likely though.

It isnt an intense game idea, so it wld be a good time to leave. But that depends on if they wanted to.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
    The only thing that should end is this ridiculous theory.

The Pokémon company is making SO much money as of now. They would be stupid and dumb to end it.

Years
    If pokemon ceased to exist I would have nothing to live for. I hate to see threads like this.

Come on, there're lots of things to live for. If pokemon ends you can begin to play other franchise of games. There's no need to worry.

This is kinda off topic, but this rememebers me of a magazine (a brazilian magazine - I'm brazilian btw) that made a "last" number and used that crying pikachu picture that was on the youtube video on the first post the cover just to change a lot of things in the magazine and launch it again with a new name. They said that the magazine "evolved". That was a good marketing trick. And brings me memories, oh memories.........

Well, I don't think pokemon will end now. I guess game franchises don't end, like superheroes. They will just keep finding new ways of experiencing this stuff.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2022
    I don't see Pokemon ending for a very long time considering it is the fourth best selling franchise ever made. Even if the games started dropping in quality they would still keep making them because loyal fans would still buy them. Sonic the hedgehog went down hill fast in quality and managed to stay around for years and hasn't even sold half as many games as Pokemon. Clickbating videos are just clickbait :).

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I don't see Pokemon ending for a very long time considering it is the fourth best selling franchise ever made. Even if the games started dropping in quality they would still keep making them because loyal fans would still buy them. Sonic the hedgehog went down hill fast in quality and managed to stay around for years and hasn't even sold half as many games as Pokemon. Clickbating videos are just clickbait :).

Clickbait, no. These videos have over 300 hours worth of both research and editing put into them. Course if you'd actually watch the videos you would know that. Just saying.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2022
    Clickbait, no. These videos have over 300 hours worth of both research and editing put into them. Course if you'd actually watch the videos you would know that. Just saying.

Putting "The end?" next to crying Pikachu in thumbnail with a title like Ultimate Pokemon Theory: Sun and Moon IS THE CLIMATIC ENDING! is by definition clickbait. Also what research? All I heard was someone drawing conclusions from seemingly nowhere while speculating a deeper meaning from what material we have received about the game. Not even trying to start anything but your comment comes off as rude. In all fairness though most Poketube videos anymore are just clickbait because we desperately need SuMo to release to weed out all the theories and rumors videos being posted lately. If you are into this kind of video I'm glad you like it but being rude to others based on there opinions of it isn't very nice :).

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Putting "The end?" next to crying Pikachu in thumbnail with a title like Ultimate Pokemon Theory: Sun and Moon IS THE CLIMATIC ENDING! is by definition clickbait. Also what research? All I heard was someone drawing conclusions from seemingly nowhere while speculating a deeper meaning from what material we have received about the game. Not even trying to start anything but your comment comes off as rude. In all fairness though most Poketube videos anymore are just clickbait because we desperately need SuMo to release to weed out all the theories and rumors videos being posted lately. If you are into this kind of video I'm glad you like it but being rude to others based on there opinions of it isn't very nice :).

If anything your being rude by calling the video Click Bait. They are theory videos so having a Thumbnail like that IS fine. They aren't saying that this WILL happen just that it could just as any theory would. And the research comes looking through various religions, nearly all of the pokemon anime, and even in science. Hell, it's mind boggling the stuff this guy and those have helped him have found to connect nigh perfectly. And even if the over all theory that the games will be rebooted turns out not to be true, they'v been right about a bunch of stuff.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2022
    If anything your being rude by calling the video Click Bait. They are theory videos so having a Thumbnail like that IS fine. They aren't saying that this WILL happen just that it could just as any theory would. And the research comes looking through various religions, nearly all of the pokemon anime, and even in science. Hell, it's mind boggling the stuff this guy and those have helped him have found to connect nigh perfectly. And even if the over all theory that the games will be rebooted turns out not to be true, they'v been right about a bunch of stuff.

I am still confused what you mean by the stuff he has found that is connected, like what? I mean I remember the game theory connecting the Chuck cheese murder to five nights at Fridays held several similarities to one another but in the end it was just the game theorist reading to far into the events of the game. Also clickbait isn't insinuating rudeness in anyway, it is a common way to draw readers or viewers into web page to maximize views for profit. If you thought I was trying to be mean by it I apologize. I was just trying to point out how lots of Poketubers are resulting to clickbait titles to drive up views because it seems theories and speculation are trending now more than actual news for the game. Your first post came off as rude to me because it sounded like you where belittling my opinion. Also ending it with just saying seemed like an insult. I probably just reading into it wrong then.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
    Game Freak is not as competent to think this long term and far ahead...

Yup that pretty much sums it up. Game Freak isn't From Software (Whom made an amazing lore filled worlds that encourages fan speculation and interpretation) What you see is what you get with GF.

Japanese writers tend to take religious symbolism at face value... unless it's japanese mythology.

CnifeKat

*ᓰﬡ☂ᙓᖇﬡᗩᒪ ᔕᙅᖇᙓᗩᙢᓮﬡG *
    Years
    I don't think that GameFreak would seriously stop one of the BEST and well-known game series.
    I think the end may come when they run out of ideas for new Pokemon. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back