• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

What would you rate Super Mario Galaxy (Original)?

• 10/10 Stars

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 9/10 Stars

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 8/10 Stars

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 7/10 Stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6/10 Stars

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 5/10 Stars

• 4/10 Stars

• 3/10 Stars

• 2/10 Stars

• 1/10 Stars

• 0/10 Stars

• Total voters

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Nintendo's idea of sending one of our most loved super heroes; Mario, into space was a bold, brave and brilliant one. Super Mario Galaxy was in many player's opinions the best game on wii. Yes, I did say was the best game on wii, because Nintendo has elaborated on this superb idea and has created a game that is just as creative and diverse as it's predecessor. Super Mario Galaxy is truly a game to want and own, according to the top 2 gaming review sites that is.
    Visit them here to see the ratings!
    https://au.wii.ign.com/articles/110/1101912p1.html or if you don't feel like reading feel free to watch the review video.
    https://au.gamespot.com/wii/action/supermariogalaxy2/index.html?tag=related-game%3Bboxshot same as before.

Are you excited to play? What did you think of the first game? :cer_smile:

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
    Years
  • Super Mario Galaxy is no doubt the best game on Wii. Its actually one of my favorite games.

I really want to get SMG2 but I cant, I have no money :'(

Tribal Ebony

Blood is always satisfactory.
    Years
  • O.M.G!!!!!! Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best Wii games I have ever played! The graphics are awesome, the sound is awesome.... I rated it 8/10 stars.

From Super Mario Galaxy 2, i ma expecting better graphics,music and characters. It seems The Nintendo company wants to introduce new characters in to the Mario games, but in my opinion, no new characters seem to fit in. The originals are all special in their own way and Nintendo always ups the level of the thrill in each game. So Super Mario Galaxy 2, I'll be waiting 4 u!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • O.M.G!!!!!! Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best Wii games I have ever played! The graphics are awesome, the sound is awesome.... I rated it 8/10 stars.

From Super Mario Galaxy 2, i ma expecting better graphics,music and characters. It seems The Nintendo company wants to introduce new characters in to the Mario games, but in my opinion, no new characters seem to fit in. The originals are all special in their own way and Nintendo always ups the level of the thrill in each game. So Super Mario Galaxy 2, I'll be waiting 4 u!

Yes, the originals are truly great, but the graphics and sounds are much more developed. Plus you have to consider how technology has evolved over time. I think 8/10 stars is an appropriate rating, for me in any case. I absoloutely cannot wait untill I play it. Argh I hate waiting, but what can ya' do?..

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I wanna get the second one but my mom is like "You need to finish the first one!"

I have yet to play it yet. But I love playing the first Super Mario Galaxy(:

love love love

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    What are you talking about waiting? It is already out. I got it like a month ago.

I think it is really great. It is what all videogames should be.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    SMG2. NSMB wii is just a half arsed DS port with a few extras. SMG is ok but you might as well get the superior sequel.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I've yet to get SMG2, but I really want it. :/ I loved the first game and I really love Yoshi and Mario games in general, so I'm excited to get it whenever I can, haha.

YanmegaLv55

Raising the dead, one by one.
    Years
  • Oh, fun, fun, fun('till daddy takes the T-Bird away lol)
    I love the original, with a brand new concept :)

I was hoping to preorder it and go to the gala launch in Swanston St, Melbourne, but my mum said 'No way, at 7am :/. Dream on...'

The hell I will :D......

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I didn't really like the first game. It is not one of my favourite titles.

It couldn't make up what it wanted to be. The Super Mario 64 "exploration"-type levels weren't very good and they were too linear. On the other hand, the more linear, athletic, obstacle courses (which I prefer) were too few and repetitive.

I love those kinds of levels. The Bowser stages were the best part of Super Mario 64. The FLUDDless section of Super Mario Sunshine were the same way.

And Super Mario Galaxy 2 is almost entirely those kinds of levels, to varying to degree. I just completed it. It is by far my favourite 3D Mario title and one of my all-time favourite games.

It's challenging enough (but not anywhere I was expecting based on the reviews), Yoshi is handled very where, plenty of power-ups, it looks fantastic, the game design is top-notch. Just a very impressive and polished title.

So, screw off you lousy New Super Mario Bros. titles. This is the Super Mario Bros. 5 I always wanted. This captures more of the spirit and feeling of those old sidescrollers than those games do.

Main complaints? Ah....oddly, the camera at time (strange for the series which pioneered this kind of camera) particularly with the green stars that are often out of sight. Also, the music. I like orchestrated music, and this is great music, but like the first one, it is not appropriate for Mario. Mario doesn't need boomy epic orchestrated music. Mario takes a calypso or jazzy vibe, and that can be handled with an orchestra quite well.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I suppose you've got me there, however all the levels are the same linear styles we've seen before.
    Well, yeah. That's the series and genre. Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2J, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Land, Super Mario World, Super Mario Land 2, New Super Mario Bros., and New Super Mario Bros. Wii are all platformers and of the same series, so naturally they'd play the same way.

If they didn't, they'd be a spin-off like Mario Kart or Mario Party.

But if you see that as a negative, then fair enough

YanmegaLv55

Raising the dead, one by one.
    Years
  • :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    Got my copy today!
    The day it came out in Australia!

!!!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • New super mario bros? no way!
    super papper mario? bleh!
    Super mario galaxy 1&2? heck yes!

I bet the sequel will be good. I loved the original and ill love this one. pretty much the best games on the wii. if i ever play my wii. ill pop this game in.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • The ratings do not lie. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is defiantly one of the best games I've ever played. And I've played lots of games. Sure, I never was able to get the hang of the nun-chuck, but that only added onto the challenge, and the level design is literally out of this world! The 2D levels don't feel forced, and actually feel like a stand-alone part of the game, the traditional 3D levels are flawless, and the Gravity Levels are no longer a hassle now that the camera has better following abilities!

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Im still going "wtf" at the tutorial cd they have packaged with the game.
    EDIT: Although it has some pro stuff. XDDDD

Last edited:
    Back