• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • I Was really hoping the "need both versions to unlock certain character" was going to be false oh well, guess I'm missing out on Mewtwo, and the stage builder, and 8 player smash, and Ridley being flying man on steroids, and target blast not being so bland, and being able to do co op in classic and all-star. I wish I could afford a Wii U...

Last edited:

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
    Years
  • I really, really hope I don't need to register the games to get Mewtwo because I never bothered to register as a club member. I gave away some of my pin cards and others are in the middle of somewhere.

If I won't get Mewtwo because of that, I will cry. ;_;

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I really, really hope I don't need to register the games to get Mewtwo because I never bothered to register as a club member. I gave away some of my pin cards and others are in the middle of somewhere.

If I won't get Mewtwo because of that, I will cry. ;_;

You do..I don't think there is another way Nintendo could know that you own both games. :p

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Regarding Mewtwo, how would fare against Greninja? As us Pokemon fans know, Dark types are immune to Psychic types, and even though Greninja doesn't know any Dark moves, some of Mewtwo's A moves uses psychic energy and his side B and up B moves are real Psychic moves, which means Greninja will receive 0% stamina damage from them, and Mewtwo will be forced to use Shadow Ball and his tail attacks. Talk about balance issues to stay true to the characters' source materials; it makes me wonder how they'll handle this for Pokken.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I take it that Greninja won't be immune to Mewtwo's Psychic based attacks. If they did take Pokemon's type chart into consideration, then Pikachu would maul Charizard and Greninja, since those 2 are weak to Electric attacks. But that's not the case, so....

It would also be a dick move to make a character outright immune to another character's attacks.

Years
  • There is so much more to Pokemon than what Smash can bring to the table, I'd say more-so than with any other brand appearing in the Smash circus. I think Mewtwo is a good iconic player that they are bringing to the table, but I was never very good playing with him on melee. I couldn't get the right feel for him. Think of all crazy Pokemon they could choose to join Smash, Rayquaza or Gyarados would be a completely different feel. A Pokemon Stadium Smash crossover would rockkkk.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • There is so much more to Pokemon than what Smash can bring to the table, I'd say more-so than with any other brand appearing in the Smash circus. I think Mewtwo is a good iconic player that they are bringing to the table, but I was never very good playing with him on melee. I couldn't get the right feel for him. Think of all crazy Pokemon they could choose to join Smash, Rayquaza or Gyarados would be a completely different feel. A Pokemon Stadium Smash crossover would rockkkk.

I'd LOVE to see something like that. Where YOU control the Pokemon in the fights. It could be something where you create your owner and training would obviously play a part in the strength of your Pokemon. I think this would be EPIC.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    A Mario smash would be cool

So would a Fire Emblem one

Hell an F-Zero one would be hella sweet, GX is practically a fighting game in racing form anyway.

It's not just Pokemon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I take it that Greninja won't be immune to Mewtwo's Psychic based attacks. If they did take Pokemon's type chart into consideration, then Pikachu would maul Charizard and Greninja, since those 2 are weak to Electric attacks. But that's not the case, so....

It would also be a dick move to make a character outright immune to another character's attacks.

Well they had use the type chart in Smash before. In Brawl, the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon were following the "Grass > Water > Fire > Grass" mechanic to deal more damage, and Rayquaza took less damage from Charizard's Rock Smash than the other bosses due to being part Flying, who resist Fighting moves.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Well they had use the type chart in Smash before. In Brawl, the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon were following the "Grass > Water > Fire > Grass" mechanic to deal more damage, and Rayquaza took less damage from Charizard's Rock Smash than the other bosses due to being part Flying, who resist Fighting moves.
    This is true, but I'm certain Nintendo is smart enough not to make Greninja completely immune to Mewtwo's psychic attacks.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • This is true, but I'm certain Nintendo is smart enough not to make Greninja completely immune to Mewtwo's psychic attacks.
    Now that I think about it, what if Smash's Greninja has Protaen as its ability, so it eliminates its Dark typing when using his water moves, allowing Mewtwo to strike it with its psychic powers?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Now that I think about it, what if Smash's Greninja has Protaen as its ability, so it eliminates its Dark typing when using his water moves, allowing Mewtwo to strike it with its psychic powers?
    I don't think they'll care tbh, considering that they didn't care enough about making Pikachu's attacks super effective.

What matters more to me is what it's Final Smash will be. I'm assuming it'll be Mewtwo Y since they already used Charizard X, so it'll be unfair to Y if they used both X exclusive Megas.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • What matters more to me is what it's Final Smash will be. I'm assuming it'll be Mewtwo Y since they already used Charizard X, so it'll be unfair to Y if they used both X exclusive Megas.
    Mewtwo Y is definitely more iconic than its X counterpart, so I'd say it'll probably be that one. I think it's a bit of a shame, being Mewtwo X in a fighting game would be really cool.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Mewtwo Y is definitely more iconic than its X counterpart, so I'd say it'll probably be that one. I think it's a bit of a shame, being Mewtwo X in a fighting game would be really cool.
    I also thought of that, it'll be a shame if it isn't Mewtwo X for that reason. Well I guess they could pull a Mega Man like final and have normal Mewtwo, Mewtwo X, Mewtwo Y, and even Mew attack at once...

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Or they could just make his megas sort-of like Monado Arts, with Y-form increasing speed/attack and lowering defenses, and X-form lowering speed or jump but increasing attack/smash/defense temporarily.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm not sure which Mega Mewtwo the Smash Bros. will use, but I hope it's Mega Mewtwo Y because they already have the Mega Charizard X, to make it fair.

Also, apparently Super Smash Bros. for Wii U has an opening to begin with.

Spoiler:

I'm still bummed that there are no intros for its 3DS counterpart, tho.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • How much would you rage if this happened to you?

Spoiler:

Back