• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    How much would you rage if this happened to you?

Spoiler:

I wouldn't rage about it, and it hilarious yet creative at the same time, and I would be gladly appreciated to be victimized by it.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Yeah I hate that Nintendo doesn't post their changes. They treat their games like they're not software and I hate it. >:(

Years
    Baby steps, Nintendo. We're getting patches, now we just need the patch notes. :P

It looks like the patch itself only addresses a few bugs, like fixing some hitbox issues. No important changes to the characters apparently. Though some people claim that a few minor stuff has been tweaked like Marth's reach for example, not really sure about that myself.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    So, I've thought of a few ways they might implement Mewtwo's mega evos into its final smash, and I'm listing them from most to least likely.

(This is a long post and has about a 0.001% chance of being even kind of accurate, so be wary of that.)

Spoiler:

Also, it'd be cool if you could switch what voice mewtwo has (original anime mewtwo or genesect movie mewtwo) by switching its palette swap.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    There isn't a single character change from the update.

None.

Even this?

Spoiler:

Anyway, this image recently popped up at Smashboards: https://twitter.com/MiiFighter/status/527268403350761472

Some are hoping it's real because of a Nintendo Land stage, Issac, and Wonder Red, but others are suggesting it's fake because the low pixel quality on the Ice Climbers' icon, the bland appearance of Rhythm Heaven's icon, and the Golden Sun icon already existing prior to this back in the Issac support thread.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Anyway, this image recently popped up at Smashboards: https://twitter.com/MiiFighter/status/527268403350761472

Some are hoping it's real because of a Nintendo Land stage, Issac, and Wonder Red, but others are suggesting it's fake because the low pixel quality on the Ice Climbers' icon, the bland appearance of Rhythm Heaven's icon, and the Golden Sun icon already existing prior to this back in the Issac support thread.
    It could be just leftover data in the game's coding. Tbh, it's probably fake since there's the Ice Climbers icon in there. Nintendo wants the roster to be he same on both versions, right? And if that's the case, that means all DLC characters (or even if they're adding them to the WiiU's non-DLC roster) have to be available on both versions, but it's already been established that the Ice Climbers don't work on the 3DS.

And if the update didn't make any character changes at all, then what changes DID they make?

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    You think that they would fix something like that....

But you know Sakurai just loves to leave stuff like that in x)

It would've been really cruel if they left an emblem of Ridley in there.

It could be just leftover data in the game's coding. Tbh, it's probably fake since there's the Ice Climbers icon in there.
    but it's already been established that the Ice Climbers don't work on the 3DS.

No that's the point, they tried their hardest to make the Ice Climbers work but they eventually gave up, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some leftover garbage in there. And I'm almost 90% sure the image is real.

On the profile options in Smash there are options for profile emblems to be things like Chrom, Wireframe Mac and even the Punching Bag. There are also Trophies and Stages and most likely many other things that might have needed a simple emblem that they never got to add. And *SPOILER ALERT:YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED* they're not even going to be finished with Mewtwo until sometime in 2015. That being said there could possibly be more DLC in the future or just some stuff that they decided to drop because of time.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    No that's the point, they tried their hardest to make the Ice Climbers work but they eventually gave up, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some leftover garbage in there. And I'm almost 90% sure the image is real.

On the profile options in Smash there are options for profile emblems to be things like Chrom, Wireframe Mac and even the Punching Bag. There are also Trophies and Stages and most likely many other things that might have needed a simple emblem that they never got to add. And *SPOILER ALERT:YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED* they're not even going to be finished with Mewtwo until sometime in 2015. That being said there could possibly be more DLC in the future or just some stuff that they decided to drop because of time.
    Nah, that's what I was saying. That it's probably just leftover data someone found from when they were trying to put in the Ice Climbers (and other characters too I suppose). But people seem to be taking it as a sign that the Ice Climbers will be in the games, which ain't happening because the roster has to be the same on both versions.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    There's still a possibility that a few of the icons also originated from the Wii U version, much like Master/Crazy Orders, Event Match, Tourney, and Yellow Team from the unused sound files when hacking the 3DS cartridge. For example, the Nintendo Land icon could hint a Nintendo Land stage for the Wii U version.

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    There's still a possibility that a few of the icons also originated from the Wii U version, much like Master/Crazy Orders, Event Match, Tourney, and Yellow Team from the unused sound files when hacking the 3DS cartridge. For example, the Nintendo Land icon could hint a Nintendo Land stage for the Wii U version.

I don't think they're that careless...

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Even this?

Spoiler:

I think those are fan-made icons...

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...abase-and-requests-thread.326025/?ckattempt=1

..also from Smashboards. lol

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Much as I would think it was awesome, it would be pretty hard without basically ripping off Tron Bonne in Marvel vs Capcom.

Back