• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Not yet. Game was only out last friday and I only tried out Events (awesome), online (awesome), amibo (cute, I got the DK one) and Smash Tour (awesome with people.) ORAS took most of my weekend time anyway lol.

How much was the amibo? I was personally thinking of getting the Samus one when I get the chance. Is there any benefit of uing an amibo character over a regular character from the game?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    My brother is planning to buy a Captain Falcon amiibo this month, but for me, I'm undecided on whether I should collect them all, buy only the retail-exclusive amiibos (in case they're for a limited time only), or buy a R.O.B. amiibo once Wave 4 or 5 hits. I haven't tried out online (been busy trying to beat Omega Ruby), but I've heard good things about it from Maximillian Dood.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    OK so am I the only one who is really disappointed with the Wii U game?

The graphics are awesome, character roster is pretty great (despite getting rid of Lucas and Wolf, RIP) and it's a beautiful looking game all around, but... where's the content? There's no single player story mode. There's no story mode at all. I know that seems like a shallow gripe in a game like Smash Bros but after the awesomeness of Subspace Emissary, playing the game without a single player campaign to glue the game together just seems pointless and directionless. Without it, it's just endless replays of Classic Mode and Endless Smash which make the game seem tedious and really hard to get into.

I still can't believe people play fighting games for the single player. It's like buying a copy of Mario Party just to play by yourself. The game's main selling point is multiplayer. Just go get some friends over or play online and enjoy the game. Screw story modes, they're not even that good.

So? Mewtwo doesn't care.

When did Mewtwo have unlimited flight? It just has good jumps.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I still can't believe people play fighting games for the single player. It's like buying a copy of Mario Party just to play by yourself. The game's main selling point is multiplayer. Just go get some friends over or play online and enjoy the game. Screw story modes, they're not even that good.
    Nothing wrong with wanting to have a good single player experience, even in a genre that's always been rather multiplayer leaning. I'm sure fighting games could have good story modes if the devs, ya know, put some effort into it. I don't see why games can't have good single player AND multiplayer in them. Other than budget issues and this strange need devs have these days to pump out games as fast as possible.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    How much was the amibo? I was personally thinking of getting the Samus one when I get the chance. Is there any benefit of uing an amibo character over a regular character from the game?
    You can't really use an amiibo character, they're CPU partners. It's just fun watching them level up and get better AI. They eventually end up being the best CPU you could fight against. You can also customize them.

They're 15 dollars in NA I believe.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

Lets not forget that Mewtwo can't even learn the HM Fly in its own games.

Nothing wrong with wanting to have a good single player experience, even in a genre that's always been rather multiplayer leaning. I'm sure fighting games could have good story modes if the devs, ya know, put some effort into it. I don't see why games can't have good single player AND multiplayer in them. Other than budget issues and this strange need devs have these days to pump out games as fast as possible.
    So which category would Smash Bros. fit into due to weak single-player experience based on interviews?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Is Smash Bros. lackluster single player the result of budget issues or a holiday rush?
    Oh.

Hell if I know. I'm no expert on these things which is why I should probably stop talking.

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022

There is no reason besides wanting an earlier release date for games to have both good experiences by yourself and with friends. But with a game like Smash where all characters from different games are together, where most don't talk, it's way to hard to even make a storyline, much less do it again in the next game.

It floats off the ground when dashing.

How much was the amibo? I was personally thinking of getting the Samus one when I get the chance. Is there any benefit of using an amiibo character over a regular character from the game?

I thought about collecting them for show purposes, but I definitely wouldn't be able to use/train all of them. And they are very useful in my eyes, they basically pick up your fighting style and techniques. Meaning it can be a much better CPU to practice against than any other level (even though a live player is still better to train with) I don't have the game yet so I don't know their full potential, but I'm guessing as long as Sakurai didn't put limits on how much they can pick up, they should be able to learn things like short hopping and combos and pretty much anything else you, or things you would like it to use in battle. Just imagine if we had that for Melee. Teaching it wavedashing, dashdancing, edgehoging. Ahh, that would be awesome.

OK so am I the only one who is really disappointed with the Wii U game?

The graphics are awesome, character roster is pretty great (despite getting rid of Lucas and Wolf, RIP) and it's a beautiful looking game all around, but... where's the content? There's no single player story mode. There's no story mode at all. I know that seems like a shallow gripe in a game like Smash Bros but after the awesomeness of Subspace Emissary, playing the game without a single player campaign to glue the game together just seems pointless and directionless. Without it, it's just endless replays of Classic Mode and Endless Smash which make the game seem tedious and really hard to get into.

There's tons of content. Try to look at all the other cool stuff even though you're disappointed about the "story" mode. It's a good game, trust me :)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years

I'm sure it's that attitude that led to the development team burying what little single player mode there was under a mountain of menus. It's perfectly valid to use a fighting game for the single player mode - I don't like gaming with other people, I judge my competence in a game by how well I can play against the game, not my friends. And the story mode in Brawl was epic, thank you very much.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    This game has way better content than Brawl because the modes are actually good. (Especially Events and Online)

Also SSE was awful. I'm glad it's gone. :V
    It wasn't the best, but those cut-scenes were so epic, especially: **Brawl Subspace Emissary SPOILER ALERT**
    Spoiler:
    . It was still fun and challenging, so I enjoyed it.

By the way people, buying all the amiibos separately (assuming Miis don't get an amiibo) would cost you $637...:P

I plan on getting a Luigi amiibo and teaching it down-throw combos. Can't wait!
    Also, there's an unfortunate part about high-level amiibos. Even if you don't feed them, or give them any equipment, they have enhanced stats. And it's untoggleable. See this Smashboards thread for more information.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    It wasn't the best, but those cut-scenes were so epic, especially: **Brawl Subspace Emissary SPOILER ALERT**
    Spoiler:
    . It was still fun and challenging, so I enjoyed it.

By the way people, buying all the amiibos separately (assuming Miis don't get an amiibo) would cost you $637...:P

I plan on getting a Luigi amiibo and teaching it down-throw combos. Can't wait!
    Also, there's an unfortunate part about high-level amiibos. Even if you don't feed them, or give them any equipment, they have enhanced stats. And it's untoggleable. See this Smashboards thread for more information.

You mean they do extra damage and such? If so then that defeats the whole purpose of them :( You're suppose to help them get better at reaction time, dodging and just plain skill, not make them op to the point where it's not funny. No offense, but if I understand you correctly, then I hope you're wrong.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    You mean they do extra damage and such? If so then that defeats the whole purpose of them :( You're suppose to help them get better at reaction time, dodging and just plain skill, not make them op to the point where it's not funny. No offense, but if I understand you correctly, then I hope you're wrong.
    It seems you do understand me correctly, and I think I'm right, unfortunately :(. You can check the thread to see for yourself if you'd like. We know they deal more damage than you at least. It's pretty bad that you can't even toggle it.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    It seems you do understand me correctly, and I think I'm right, unfortunately :(. You can check the thread to see for yourself if you'd like. We know they deal more damage than you at least. It's pretty bad that you can't even toggle it.

Well there's always hope for dlc and updates, so not all bad news :)

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I wish I had found this topic sooner, as Smash Bros. is one of my favorite Nintendo games.
    So... For those who have Smash U, how is it? (Don't have it yet.)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    I wish I had found this topic sooner, as Smash Bros. is one of my favorite Nintendo games.
    So... For those who have Smash U, how is it? (Don't have it yet.)

Its great and really fun you'd think id look at the big screen but no i look at wii u screen i gotta admit im not as good as i used to without the GameCube controller what was everyone elses controller preference?

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Its great and really fun you'd think id look at the big screen but no i look at wii u screen i gotta admit im not as good as i used to without the GameCube controller what was everyone elses controller preference?

Gamecube Controller all the way. Being a Melee Veteran I'm still worse than I really am using the 3Ds controls even though, lets all admit it feels a whole lot better than we thought it would. But that's why I'm getting the bundle :p

Sir Codin

Link and Captain Falcon are pretty much my mains, though I will also use Lucina and Shulk. Also Palutena, as I cannot resist that pole dance taunt of hers.

Brawl totally ruined Link, but 4 made up for that by making him more versatile, a good running attack that actually does some damage, and made him faster.

classicpaul64

PokeTuber
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I love the new one for the 3DS. The Wii U one is fun too but I can't 8-player-smash. My friends and I began a Let's Play series based on the 3DS version :D

Back