• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    It's so beautiful...

I'm kind of ashamed to admit that after all these years of being too lazy to really look into Project M, only now do I really want to install it because of this preview Ridley trailer...
    It's actually fairly easy to install (if you're not in the PAL region, that is)! I'm pretty sure the official Project M website tells you how to do it.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Ivysaur is great! It's of my Brawl mains/secondaries, and to see it be way more viable in Project M makes me happy. Plus its new green palette swap is its Shiny coloration!

I'm yet to be able to perform any substantial tech in a match, as I need to practice my wavedashing heaps to get even that right and other techs. But I do hope there's another Link tech that you can spend literally FOREVER perfecting and it doesn't become useless in the next update! :)

But yeah, I'm loving this game so far because of how fast it is. Mewtwo was the first character I tried, and while initially I couldn't quite get used to it, after exploring the character it's like it's perfect. Everything about Mewtwo just clicks with me.
    The thing is, it feels a lot like it's a Luigi but with his flaws filled in. It's really weird. Mewtwo and Luigi both have fast aerials, and are both floaty. But it feels like Mewtwo would be Luigi if Luigi's flaws in range and aerial mobility were removed, and Mewtwo also has much better recovery, as well as better KO setups.
    Mewtwo feels like an upgraded Luigi that makes him a high-tier character that's much more powerful than Luigi ever could be because of Luigi's said flaws.

My gosh, Ivysaur just feels SO great to play with. I've been watching a lot of Shady's matches with Ivysaur (he's considered one of the best Ivysaur players out there), and the way he plays just rubs off into my own playstyle, haha. And yeah, I love Ivysaur's new recolors in PM; they stand out a lot more than Brawl's. =3

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it for sure. At first, I thought I could never wavedash in a million years, but it turns out that constant practice does pay off. =3 Oh, and thanks for hoping that! I actually did practice some other shenanigans with Link, and I'm pretty sure they weren't made obsolete in 3.5. Although I am a little bit disappointed that they made the DACUS available to all characters, because it kinda feels more predictable (and less special) when I pull it off now. Ah, well. Not that it matters, though!

I absolutely agree about the speed. The fast pace alone is what makes me feel so darn hyped and excited when I'm playing PM, especially when I have a decent (or better) opponent.

Yeah, they were really careful when they designed Mewtwo, because he was one of the worst characters in Melee, unfortunately.

It's so beautiful...

I'm kind of ashamed to admit that after all these years of being too lazy to really look into Project M, only now do I really want to install it because of this preview Ridley trailer...

You won't regret it! There are so many more goodies that will appeal to you whether or not you care about competitive play, such as loads of new costumes, stages, and modes (including a completely revamped Stamina mode). Also, they have an "All-Star Versus" mode, in which you pick a different character for each stock, and when your first character is KO'd, you switch to the next one, and so on. Here's how it works:

Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Not gonna lie, Ridley looks a little OP in that video. Good range, more than 2 jumps, decent speed and power.....but I've also never played Project M so I'll just stop.

In other news, update 1.0.5 for the 3DS came out earlier today. Apparently adds Amiibo support for the (New) 3DS, as well as a new photo and Mii share thingy or something.

.......as well as some character/balance tweaks. The link also shows images of some of the currently known changes.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Not gonna lie, Ridley looks a little OP in that video. Good range, more than 2 jumps, decent speed and power.....but I've also never played Project M so I'll just stop.
    It makes you think that Sakurai made a good point on why he didn't add Ridley in Smash 4's roster because of balance issues, as one of his criteria for newcomers is how they'll fare well with the current game balance. And yet the fans don't care if he couldn't make him both unique and balanced at the same time, they just want him playable regardless if his moveset doesn't bring anything new to the table.

In other news, update 1.0.5 for the 3DS came out earlier today. Apparently adds Amiibo support for the (New) 3DS, as well as a new photo and Mii share thingy or something.

.......as well as some character/balance tweaks. The link also shows images of some of the currently known changes.

These patches are eating up my SD card's memory; I've only got one thousand five hundred something left. Now I have a reason to transfer all of my 3DS data onto my New 3DS XL, but the method for it is more complicated than I thought it would be.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years

Whelp, a lot of good moves that players were using like the Greninja's running shadow sneak and Kirby's silver bow floating trick are both gone. Palutena's and Lucario's super movement tricks are gone. Wow... all these removals, next thing they are going to do is remove some of the more amazing tricks from the set and upset the community.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    It makes you think that Sakurai made a good point on why he didn't add Ridley in Smash 4's roster because of balance issues, as one of his criteria for newcomers is how they'll fare well with the current game balance. And yet the fans don't care if he couldn't make him both unique and balanced at the same time, they just want him playable regardless if his moveset doesn't bring anything new to the table.

These patches are eating up my SD card's memory; I've only got one thousand five hundred something left. Now I have a reason to transfer all of my 3DS data onto my New 3DS XL, but the method for it is more complicated than I thought it would be.
    omg i watched the video on how to transfer. so worried i'll mess it up especially since i have the monster hunter game pre loaded on my new one(apparently you just re download it once you transfer to the new 3ds)
    time to get a screwdriver!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I just want to show this to everyone here right now, because DYKG has recently made another Smash Bros. video starring the announcer from the Wii U/3DS installment, Xander Mobus, and I thought it would be interesting to share:

Spoiler:

omg i watched the video on how to transfer. so worried i'll mess it up especially since i have the monster hunter game pre loaded on my new one(apparently you just re download it once you transfer to the new 3ds)
    time to get a screwdriver!
    Hopefully the micro SD card for the New 3DS XL would provide enough memory for future Smash Bros. patches, because I don't think my old 3DS's SD card can survive the next patch, especially when Mewtwo's coming up next month.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Hopefully the micro SD card for the New 3DS XL would provide enough memory for future Smash Bros. patches, because I don't think my old 3DS's SD card can survive the next patch, especially when Mewtwo's coming up next month.

I think that's just the deadline for getting the code from owning both games.

I could be wrong, but I think mewtwo's farther off than you think.

Yukari

...Actually, Pinky-Dawn already shared that. I honestly think that it's really cool that they got the Super Smash Bros. announcer to narrate the video.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The most interesting thing about Smash 4's development is the cut data of a Rhythm Heaven character. Was just waiting for that to get mentioned in the video, now I'm disappointed.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    idk, while I do find it very much possible that we'll get other DLC characters besides Mewtwo, I'm rather skeptical as to Rayman's inclusion. Why Rayman? Why not like, a Rhythm Heaven character or something? I don't think that this is the first time somethings been leaked and turned out to be false for Smash.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Ubisoft is one of the few 3rd parties to actually work closely with Nintendo nowadays, and Rayman Legends was an exclusive first. While Rayman doesn't seem to be very important, he seems justified as a bonus character imo. And I don't know, but he seems to have good moveset potential. Probably going to surprise me like Pacman did (didn't like him before either)
    Except Ubisoft has cut ties with Nintendo after claiming that their M-rated titles don't sell well on the Wii U, even though Zombi U sold more than their gimped ports. Let's not forget that Ubisoft left consumers a bad taste on their mouths by delaying the Wii U version of Watch_Dogs and giving us the glitch mess known as Assassin's Creed Unity. Plus, Rayman isn't a third party character you would call as a "big deal" according to Sakurai, because he isn't as iconic as Pac-Man, Snake, Mega Man, and Sonic, having to not debut during the golden age of gaming. The only third-parties from that era, who are iconic, are Bomberman and Simon Belmont, who Snake has already taken the spot as a Konami rep, and Ryu and Scorpion, who Sakurai already ruled out characters that originated from traditional fighting games. So yeah, I'm calling this leak a fake, followed by the Mewtwo render not matching the actual model we've seen from the 50-Fact Extravaganza.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    So, apparently there was a new character leak on 4chan just a few hours ago which looks very, very convincing to me, especially because it also provides Mewtwo's CSS icon. Spoilers, of course:

https://imgur.com/a/78Dhq (credits for the imgur link to reddit)

Thoughts? :0

Please no.

I don't dislike Rayman, but we have enough platformer characters whose movesets are have basically nothing to do with their own games. I'd much rather prefer DLC be saved for characters that don't see a lot of action in their home series, or at least could make for unique movesets, like Viridi, Darunia, or (and this is a real stretch) Captain Toad.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It's real.
    we have enough platformer characters whose movesets are have basically nothing to do with their own games.
    You should play the Rayman games, they're pretty fun.

But really how can you say this without any single footage of the character LOL

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    So the leak is 100% real. It's events mirror the ersb leak to well. Renders are original and there is footage. Also Ubisoft and iwatwa are preparing a announcement for this next week.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Well it looks like this leak is going the way of the ESRB leak, by distributing a video before getting taken down, which means the leak is real, and we're getting Rayman. This means Sakurai broke his rule of only allowing 3 third-party guests that he established back in 2006.

I don't dislike Rayman, but we have enough platformer characters whose movesets are have basically nothing to do with their own games. I'd much rather prefer DLC be saved for characters that don't see a lot of action in their home series, or at least could make for unique movesets, like Viridi, Darunia, or (and this is a real stretch) Captain Toad.
    Or you know, a DK rep like Dixie or K. Rool.

Back