• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Were there any other tweaks made to the characters?

Also I still find it highly unlikely that we'd be getting Roy and Ryu in Smash 4.....

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Were there any other tweaks made to the characters?
    I'll post the list of tweaks found by GameFAQs and Reddit:

Spoiler:

Also I still find it highly unlikely that we'd be getting Roy and Ryu in Smash 4.....
    Considering that we already have a Roy in Smash 4 and Sakurai previously stating that he won't bring third-parties that originated from traditional fighting games, there is a right to doubt.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yay Robin buffs

Arcfire does 13% in total though. I'm not really seeing the increased movement speed though but I'm kinda bad at noticing that kind of thing.

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Yay Robin buffs

Arcfire does 13% in total though. I'm not really seeing the increased movement speed though but I'm kinda bad at noticing that kind of thing.

I can definitely notice the speed buff. I don't know though, Robin was already decent and a pretty tricky character to fight unless you knew him well. I think the speed buff has made him a little OP.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Mewtwo's out now, and I've got to say, from the few matches I've used him in, he's pretty good.

So, that's cool.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 20, 2015
    MewTwo in smash?

As you probaby know, Mewtwo codes were handed out today.
    ----
    What do you think of him as a character? do you think he is the pokemon that should of been included on smash?
    what would you do to improve his move set?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Mewtwo has definitely improved from Melee. This side B actually hits its opponent with a reflected projectile, his Down Air moves can properly spike its opponents, and some of his other moves have kill potential.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • As you probaby know, Mewtwo codes were handed out today.
    ----
    What do you think of him as a character? do you think he is the pokemon that should of been included on smash?
    what would you do to improve his move set?
    Moveset wise, the only thing I think he really needs is range. His average current rage is below 0% lucario's (Or at least feels like it), and that's pathetic for a psychic pokemon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • 11b.png

Well then, it looks like both Roy and Ryu are coming to Smash as DLC after all. Sakurai better give us a reason on why he contradicted his statement on not adding a third-party character from another fighting game. However, keep in mind that these additions have nothing to do with the fighter ballot, because they'll pick a character with the most requests when it ends this October. This does, of course, made me concerned about Wolf.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Moveset wise, the only thing I think he really needs is range. His average current rage is below 0% lucario's (Or at least feels like it), and that's pathetic for a psychic pokemon.

Yeah I agree with that. Even though he's been slightly buffed from Melee, without speed or range he's not the best competitive character (coming from someone who mains him) He was fairly good in Melee because punishes were so hard, but in 4 mind games aren't the easiest things to pull.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • 11b.png

Well then, it looks like both Roy and Ryu are coming to Smash as DLC after all. Sakurai better give us a reason on why he contradicted his statement on not adding a third-party character from another fighting game. However, keep in mind that these additions have nothing to do with the fighter ballot, because they'll pick a character with the most requests when it ends this October. This does, of course, made me concerned about Wolf.
    Didn't the guy also say that DLC was going to be limited to Mewtwo back when it was announced? Also didn't he/Nintendo also say they weren't going to do any more adjustments to the balance of the characters (like Nerf/Buff them after like update 1.3 or 1.4 came out on the N3DS version) At this point contradictions don't surprise me...

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Didn't the guy also say that DLC was going to be limited to Mewtwo back when it was announced? Also didn't he/Nintendo also say they weren't going to do any more adjustments to the balance of the characters (like Nerf/Buff them after like update 1.3 or 1.4 came out on the N3DS version) At this point contradictions don't surprise me...

I'm wondering if the balancing was to tie with the previous update of 1.0.4, but then, they keep on saying that the replays will be unusable after the update, which sometimes makes me a bit paranoid of saving replays in my 3DS nowadays. I wish they would clarify things about this.

EDIT: Apparently yes, there is a new balancing going on rn in 1.0.6.

And even though they have some characters on the set long before the ballot, I think they might consider other game characters too if the characters have high votes there as well.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I kinda wish that Mewtwo's side B didn't reflect projectiles. I mean its great to have if you play Mewtwo but being a Robin main it's annoying how like a good 1/3 or more of the roster is capable of reflecting or neutralizing projectiles =(

Also not understanding why Sakurai is putting Roy and Ryu in....assuming that's really gonna happen.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I kinda wish that Mewtwo's side B didn't reflect projectiles. I mean its great to have if you play Mewtwo but being a Robin main it's annoying how like a good 1/3 or more of the roster is capable of reflecting or neutralizing projectiles =(
    Mewtwo's side B not reflecting projectiles like it's suppose to was part of the reason why it was a low tier in Melee. Projectile spammers just need to learn to adapt into a new strategy dealing with Mewtwo.

Also not understanding why Sakurai is putting Roy and Ryu in....assuming that's really gonna happen.
    Ryu I can give you that, but there's been high demand for Roy's return ever since Brawl from both the U.S. and Japan, even if he is a Marth clone.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Has anyone noticed Samus being a little over powered? I mean, she has tons of speed, a lot of strength and power, and most of all range. I honestly liked Samus in Melee, she was powerful but not as fast. Now she's very speedy, which is completely fine with me as long as they balance her range or power.

P.S. It didn't double post this time :O And I didn't reply to anything or use advanced.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I wouldn't really call Samus OP. She has range and power (Charge Shots are awesome), yeah, but she's not that fast and plenty of characters can deal with projectile spam. Oh and the ending lag on a missed throw is pretty bad, not to mention that her throws kinda suck too. She's a good character, but not overpowered imo.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • DLC Characters. Mewtwo was in a previous game and so was Lucas. (and Lucas is pretty much Nes?)
    So, The Smash Ballot says anything is possible, but logically it seems more likely to return a character or clone a character.
    If they did pick a new character today, wouldn't it take a Year or longer to make/animate 3D models - design moves and balance test.?

I would really like Isaac from Golden Sun... but I'm afraid there just going to put pigtails on Diddy Kong and call it a day.

Back