• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Does Lucina's moveset feel more fluid to anyone else after the patch? I might be crazy but I'm getting way more aerial strings lately lol. I've not heard about reduced landing lag on her though.
    Idk, she seems the same to me. Only difference I'm aware of is that her Shield Breaker is a bit stronger now.

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Not so protip: Mewtwo's down tilt is very useful xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Not so protip: Mewtwo's down tilt is very useful xD
    It's the same way in PM, too. I find myself using it a lot for spacing. Similarly to how I use back air in the air.

Well, talking about Mewtwo in PM has made me want to go play Mewtwo in PM (and Lucas) :D.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • Not so protip: Mewtwo's down tilt is very useful xD

I found Mewtwo's air up tends to lead into a second jump then I've able to up air again and insta-ko most ai this way.
    Effectively, I've been able to jump three times....strange.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Or you could just jump, double jump, side b, up b for the farthest distance xD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wwonder if SF characters in Smash will be restricted to only Ryu. Also with Ryu hinted in the coding it will be the first new series added (and non-returning character) from the DLC we've seen thus far.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I was unable to win first place as Mewtwo on For Glory Smash due to lag and a Kirby player spamming Down B and Kirbyciding. There was also a Jigglypuff player spamming Rest in the first couple of matches.

In other news, it looks like the 5 empty slots from the website holds more water with this recent discovery: http://smashboards.com/threads/5-ad...ts-found-from-datamining-patch-v1-0-6.399740/

You can only really win matches with Mewtwo when you have a good mind game going, which is hard to do, especially with spammy players.

For me at least, people that spam moves like that are really easy, because of how predictable they are.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • You can only really win matches with Mewtwo when you have a good mind game going, which is hard to do, especially with spammy players.

For me at least, people that spam moves like that are really easy, because of how predictable they are.
    Well it wasn't a 1-on-1 For Glory match, as I had to keep an eye out for more than one opponent.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So if there really is 5 slots left, does that mean we're not getting anyone else other than Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and the ballot character?

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • So if there really is 5 slots left, does that mean we're not getting anyone else other than Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and the ballot character?

That isn't true. Look at what they did Mario Kart, they could shrink and move the pictures around a bit to make more room.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So if there really is 5 slots left, does that mean we're not getting anyone else other than Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and the ballot character?

To put it more accurately, we're not getting anyone else other than Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and 2 ballot characters, and makes sense. Here's what the roster currently looks with Mewtwo:

Spoiler:

We can assume that that empty space in the character select screen is for Lucas, and notice the number of Zelda characters in the 2nd row while Link is at the 1st row. Once Roy, Ryu, and the two ballot rosters are added into the roster, the Zelda characters will all be on the 1st row. Attempting to add more characters outside of the 6 characters would only disorganize the roster again and mess with everyone's OCD.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Did they make any big changes to Mega-Man? At launch lots of "pro players" were trash-talking him, and now I saw a Tier List with him being pretty high. Mega-Man is one of my favorites, so I want him to be awesome :15:

I was practicing Greninja against an AI Mega-Man and he beat me twice. So I put a LV.9 GreninjaVMega-Man and Mega-Man got 2 KOs without falling once.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    To put it more accurately, we're not getting anyone else other than Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and 2 ballot characters, and makes sense. Here's what the roster currently looks with Mewtwo:

Spoiler:

We can assume that that empty space in the character select screen is for Lucas, and notice the number of Zelda characters in the 2nd row while Link is at the 1st row. Once Roy, Ryu, and the two ballot rosters are added into the roster, the Zelda characters will all be on the 1st row. Attempting to add more characters outside of the 6 characters would only disorganize the roster again and mess with everyone's OCD.
    The 3ds uses arrows so I expect a few more then 6. If I remember right, on smashboards it was said that there are 5 placeholders, 2 for ryu and roy, nd the others are for the last 3 of what I believe will be yearly waves of DLC for about 3 years maybe.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The 3ds uses arrows so I expect a few more then 6. If I remember right, on smashboards it was said that there are 5 placeholders, 2 for ryu and roy, nd the others are for the last 3 of what I believe will be yearly waves of DLC for about 3 years maybe.

It's 2 for Ryu and Roy, 1 for Lucas, and 2 for the others. The guys at Smashboards think one of those two slots belongs to Wolf, but if it was for Wolf, then we would've found sound files for him alongside with Ryu and Roy. In other words, he wasn't planned to return pre-ballot, so we have to use the ballot to bring him back, but he's having competition with Banjo-Kazooie, Issac, King K. Rool, and Shovel Knight. Sakurai also made a tweet that they won't able to work on all the suggestions from the ballot, which is why the two slots are reserved for the ballot winners.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It's 2 for Ryu and Roy, 1 for Lucas, and 2 for the others. The guys at Smashboards think one of those two slots belongs to Wolf, but if it was for Wolf, then we would've found sound files for him alongside with Ryu and Roy. In other words, he wasn't planned to return pre-ballot, so we have to use the ballot to bring him back, but he's having competition with Banjo-Kazooie, Issac, King K. Rool, and Shovel Knight. Sakurai also made a tweet that they won't able to work on all the suggestions from the ballot, which is why the two slots are reserved for the ballot winners.
    What part of it? As the consenous in the leaks grup(where the data miners themselves actually go) is that ryu and lucas do take 2 slots. There currently is 3 mario file placeholders left. These are for others. K Rool is leading the pool, so he will probably take one. There would be no reason for no wolf, which is why I see him post ballot or announced around Star Fox's release. The other slot goes to a ballot character and the last one is anyone's game, my guess would be a third party or a sakurai pick.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • What part of it? As the consenous in the leaks grup(where the data miners themselves actually go) is that ryu and lucas do take 2 slots. There currently is 3 mario file placeholders left. These are for others. K Rool is leading the pool, so he will probably take one. There would be no reason for no wolf, which is why I see him post ballot or announced around Star Fox's release. The other slot goes to a ballot character and the last one is anyone's game, my guess would be a third party or a sakurai pick.

You left out Roy, who was also found from data miners and takes one slot, leaving only 2 slots.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    You left out Roy, who was also found from data miners and takes one slot, leaving only 2 slots.
    Thought i typed that, never mind. I still stand firmly that this is just the year's DLC, with more next year and eventually a port/ super super smash bros type version of the game with bonus features like stages and characters. It would be a good launch title for the NX and the new 3ds, hence the smash 6 listing. It be relatively easier to pull off.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yay finally beat Classic on 9.0 intensity:
    Spoiler:

Dunno why I was able to do it this time but hey at least I beat it

Back