• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    ^Poor Chrom....

Maybe you'll make it into the next one, buddy.

Years
  • Here is a question(probably kinda dumb) is Robin and Female Robin the same character or 2 different characters, in the trailer male Robin uses lighting tomes where as female Robin uses Fire tomes that's why I think they could be 2 different characters.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Here is a question(probably kinda dumb) is Robin and Female Robin the same character or 2 different characters, in the trailer male Robin uses lighting tomes where as female Robin uses Fire tomes that's why I think they could be 2 different characters.
    Probably not, since I think that both genders of Wii Fit Trainer and Villager only take up one slot, iirc. It'll probably be like that with Robin too. Also, they both use wind, thunder, fire, and dark tomes. You just only see female Robin use fire tomes because they had her in for all of 3 seconds, whereas male Robin got much more screen time.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Robin's moveset revealed in japanese magazine.
    Tomes and Levin Sword have limited usage. If they "break", they'll come back after a certain time pass or if "you make a mistake" (KO'd?)

Neutral special is Thunder. Chargeable. Depending on how long you charge it you'll get Thunder, Elthunder, Arcthunder or Thoron.
    Side special is Arcfire. Very similar to Ness' PK Fire, because the angle is diagonally down and it creates a fire pillar. (No, that doesn't mean he's disconfirmed.)
    Down Special is Nosferatu. You can recover health by using it.
    Up Special is Elwind. You'll get a jump boost while preforming it.
    Final Smash is Pair Up. And yes, Chrom is a part of it.

Lucina and Captain Falcon are also there, but they're pretty much what you expect. Lucina's page doesn't explain her differences compared to Marth, and Falcon's just listed his usual moveset.

Honestly, he seems fairly standard, except his moves have limited usage that you can get back later. Hardly anything special. WFT can regain health too.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The Famitsu scans also revealed that Lucina was originally a Marth alt. skin, but the minor differences she had from Marth promoted her to getting her own slot, which explains her being an absolutely clone.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • The Gematsu leak was already proven wrong the moment Chrom was disconfirmed as a playable character.

I thought it only mentioned that those characters would appear, and didn't explicitly mean playable? Either way, I tend not to believe most leaks anyway. xD

...I also need to get back to Fire Emblem Awakening.

Years
  • I'm fine with Lucina being a clone. Marth has always been my main, and Lucina is one of my favorite characters in the entire series, so I guess I'll be using her once the games are released. Although, I was really expecting Chrom. Oh well.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Sorry, but I think Donkey Kong is severely underrepresented for being a key franchise of Nintendo's. Especially after Tropical Freeze.

There's only TWO Kong representatives, compared to Fire Emblem's four, Pokemon's five*, Mario's six**, and Zelda's five***. Obviously there's a few still unannounced returning fighters, but those three are somewhat guaranteed to be in.

The obvious choices for Kong representatives are Dixie, along with Cranky or King K. Rool. K. Rool would add another huge fighter, while the other two are lighter. I think Dixie might be one of the still unannounced Newcomers soon to be revealed, especially since Sakurai hinted that there were a few announcement videos left to release. I have reservations on whether Cranky or K. Rool would be included though. MABYE FUNKY!

ALSO! Another thing supporting Dixie being added is that Sakurai says he wants more female characters in Smash, so her addition seems like a good pick from one of their key franchises.

* Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, (Jigglypuff)
    ** Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, (Wario)
    *** Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, (Ganondorf)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • ALSO! Another thing supporting Dixie being added is that Sakurai says he wants more female characters in Smash, so her addition seems like a good pick from one of their key franchises.

Well, we've got Robin, Lucina, Palutena, Zelda/Sheik, Samus, Rosalina, Peach, and Wii Fit Trainer. That's eight characters out of thirty-six so far that are female so I'd agree that there could be more and I foresee more in the near future. I'm hopeful for Dixie, Goombella (SUPPORT!), and maybe if Nintendo wanted to stretch things, ORAS!May. I want Midna as well but there's already a surplus of Zelda characters.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Sorry, but I think Donkey Kong is severely underrepresented for being a key franchise of Nintendo's. Especially after Tropical Freeze.

There's only TWO Kong representatives, compared to Fire Emblem's four, Pokemon's five*, Mario's six**, and Zelda's five***. Obviously there's a few still unannounced returning fighters, but those three are somewhat guaranteed to be in.

The obvious choices for Kong representatives are Dixie, along with Cranky or King K. Rool. K. Rool would add another huge fighter, while the other two are lighter. I think Dixie might be one of the still unannounced Newcomers soon to be revealed, especially since Sakurai hinted that there were a few announcement videos left to release. I have reservations on whether Cranky or K. Rool would be included though. MABYE FUNKY!

ALSO! Another thing supporting Dixie being added is that Sakurai says he wants more female characters in Smash, so her addition seems like a good pick from one of their key franchises.

* Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, (Jigglypuff)
    ** Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, (Wario)
    *** Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, (Ganondorf)
    Wario is his own franchise, so Mario still has five reps. It's Pokémon that would potentially have six reps (assuming Mewtwo comes back by fan demand).

Unfortunately, I'm starting to feel wary about DK being stuck with two reps once again because of the trophy theory from April's Smash Direct's trophy quizzes, which according to speculation, foreshadows newcomers for Fire Emblem (Robin and Lucina), Zelda, Kid Icarus (Palutena), and Metroid. While the other speculators never mentioned this, but I seem to be the only one who notices that those pre-existing franchises will be the only ones to receive newcomers alongside with Mario and Pokémon. BTW, Cranky Kong was already disconfirmed when users saw his silhouette on Jungle Japes on the 3DS version, as well as players getting his trophy from Smash Run.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I don't really think DK should get another character just for the sake of another character. It doesn't really warrant it.

All characters so far, except Palutena, represent more than just themselves. Most of them bring a new franchise, with Rosalina, Greninja and Robin representing the newest generation of their respective franchise. Mario and Pokemon representation has been stuck with the past except for Lucario until now, seriously, and Awakening is the most successful game by far in the series. I also consider Lucina more of a freebie that came with Robin.

DK DOES have a new generation, but it's defined by DK himself and himself alone. DKCR/TF did what the DKC trilogy should have done and actually focused COMPLETELY on DK. Dixie and Cranky are amazing and made Tropical Freeze that much better, but I don't think they're needed. K.Rool especially is deadweight. The DK franchise has: DK, the mascot, and Diddy, the DKC representation. Diddy's moveset is a whole celebration of DKC, so it's not like we need another one. I don't think Dixie, Cranky and K.Rool are big enough to get in, especially next to DK. It's not like Rosalina, who has been getting a push by Nintendo themselves, or Greninja and Robin who are independent from the other characters in their respective series.
    If there's any third DK rep, it should be an arcade one imo. DK is more than just DKC.

And yeah, Wario is his own franchise. He's more separate from Mario than DK is. Warioware doesn't have anything to do with Mario aside from few references, and Wario Land moved away from Mario ever since Wario Land 2.

I like the diversity in the roster so far, but we need more villains.
    We technically just got one.

Reactions: Nah

Rellek

Believe
    Years
  • Would be nice to see Dixie. She seems like such a viable option for a newcomer. Not many characters attack with their hair. I would be genuinely surprised if Dixie wasn't at least an assist trophy. Her chances are very high.

Still waiting on more Starfox representation (Now that Starfox is relevant again)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I still feel it in my gut that we'll see Dixie. She is a realistic and reasonable option with a unique play style thanks to her hair attacks and flight. I'd love to see her there. I feel DK has done well enough to deserve a third fighter, at the least.

Star Fox has enough representatives for a franchise not seeing much action, when compared to the other franchises. If Smash maintains Fox, Falco, and Wolf (I don't think it will), then there's enough representatives for something that isn't too relevant at this time.

Beyond that...does anyone want to see more third-parties? Or some surprising first-parties?

I'd love E. Gadd. He could have a wholly entertaining moveset and Final Smash (imagine him opening the Poltergust 3000 and unleashing a horde of ghosts upon anyone caught in the radius).

Geno and Mallow from Legend of the Seven Stars. Both had cool moves and could be entertaining in the Smash environment. I think their inclusion has a better chance as Smash evolves, since more and more characters are appearing. But I also recognize that it would be a total fan-service move since neither is relevant to any series currently.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Beyond that...does anyone want to see more third-parties? Or some surprising first-parties?

We have enough third-party characters as it is; anything more than 3 would tarnish the main premise of the series: Nintendo All-Stars beating the living snot out of each other. As for surprising first-parties? Sure why not, so long as they're like Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Wii Fit Trainer.

Oh, and here's an interesting tidbit regarding Smash Bros. for 3DS at the San Diego Comic Con: https://www.facebook.com/2241731377...4173137756374/300089866831367/?type=1&theater

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Sooo, general thoughts on the character list so far?

Been thinking about this a lot, and it seems as though we've gotten a few characters out of this sorta 'norm' here (like Pacman? haha)~

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm pretty happy with the character list so far.....but I think y'all knew that already. Kinda wondering when they're gonna reveal Ness and Jigglypuff, since they're Smash 1 veterans; they should be getting in.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The roster sucks until we get Wario back.

As for the newcomers. Mac, Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer are the only ones I actually plan on using. All choices are good though.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • The roster sucks until we get Wario back.

As for the newcomers. Mac, Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer are the only ones I actually plan on using. All choices are good though.

I... surprised you like the Wii Fit Trainer, haha. I dunno, it just didn't seem you!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I... surprised you like the Wii Fit Trainer, haha. I dunno, it just didn't seem you!
    She's such a genius addition that I'm mad at myself for never thinking about it. Wii Fit is great.
    Plus, her moveset is pretty standard with an interesting mechanic in buffing and healing.

Plus, I like exercising. The concept of a character attacking by such a thing is just too appealing. Honestly, if I wasn't such a Punch Out fan (since Mac is a sloppy boxer in Smash), she would have easily been my favorite addition.

Back