• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I'm just assuming the leak is fake until confirmed, I don't really feel getting my hopes up or down based on them, as leaks happen all the time. This one seems to be better done than most, but we'll see what happens (and also, not all leaks are 100% correct too).

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • All we have to do is wait until another character confirmation to truly know. Until then, I'll believe the leak to be fake. There are many points from both sides that make sense either way, but I never believe leaks until something is officially confirmed.

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    Or Mario having FLUDD when it presumably malfunctioned after Sunshine's events.

Actually, I believe at the end of Mario Sunshine, the Toads fixed FLUDD off-camera, as FLUDD looks like it was dead, but later, Toad(s) arrives with FLUDD, and it starts speaking again! Mario just doesn't use it anymore in his later games, as using it in any game but Sunshine, and you get the same effect as FLUDD does in Brawl: Water push effect, no damage. Don't understand why when Kyogre is summoned out of a Pokeball that it does no damage, just pushes. That Pokemon can fire water pressure that it would hurt! Also, off-topic, but the reason Bowser Jr. doesn't have his Paintbrush, is because he accidentally left it on Isle Delfino. Know who has it now? The guy who keeps challanging Mario to a race in that game, AKA, Zelda Ocarina of Time's Running Man! Yes, remove that fake Pianta mask, and you'll see he's the running man you can NEVER beat because EVERY SINGLE TIME it's scripted for you to lose against him in LoZ OoT! At least you can beat him in Mario Sunshine, though when I raced him, I cheated by going-off the correct path he follows!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • How about this tease of a music track:

Dr Wily Theme, aaaaaaaaaa. I wanna hear more, Sakurai. =(

EDIT: Someone in the ESRB dun goofed, because look at these leaked videos. Pretty legit looking ones (no character select screens, just fighting). If these are fake, then I gotta say they're well done ones.

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS although so far there's only three unknown characters in these short videos (thus far).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9eH1JfkkPw&list=UUsKwxhG3ioc6FDKupmlVHZQ&index=1

Spoiler:

Last edited:

BrandoSheriff

Years
  • How about this tease of a music track:

Dr Wily Theme, aaaaaaaaaa. I wanna hear more, Sakurai. =(

EDIT: Someone in the ESRB dun goofed, because look at these leaked videos. Pretty legit looking ones (no character select screens, just fighting). If these are fake, then I gotta say they're well done ones.

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS although so far there's only three unknown characters in these short videos (thus far).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9eH1JfkkPw&list=UUsKwxhG3ioc6FDKupmlVHZQ&index=1

Spoiler:

Either somebody has a LOT of time on their hands or the leak is 100% real. I don't know what to think anymore. Though I'm sure nobody would take the time to fake a video like this. This may be the only time I believe a leak before official release. xD

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Dixie! As long as the rumor continues to confirm her, then I'll be happy. :)

I didn't really want the rumor to be true, solely as I felt Dr. Mario and Dark Pit could be replaced with (especially now if Ice Climbers are cut) some better characters, but I guess we will continue to see how this plays out. :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Overall, I'm pleased with the roster. Baby Bowser is a neat addition (though I hear his costume changes are actually all the Koopa Kids - if so, VERY awesome). I like the Duck Hunt Dog because he fits with the crazy ones like ROB and Game n' Watch (it's nice seeing Nintendo give tribute to some of their classics). If Dixie is really DLC or is in on release, I'll be thrilled.

Still don't care for Dr. Mario or Dark Pit. Ice Climbers and Snake are preferable, in my opinion.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm very happy with the leaked roster assuming Ridley gets in. Ridley and Rosalina & Luma are the only newcomers I really care about. Probably going to main Samus regardless, though.

I didn't really want the rumor to be true, solely as I felt Dr. Mario and Dark Pit could be replaced with (especially now if Ice Climbers are cut) some better characters, but I guess we will continue to see how this plays out. :)
    I'm wondering why they couldn't clone Fox and Ness for Wolf and Lucas, respectively. That would've satisfied those who used them a lot in Brawl, whereas Dark Pit doesn't have an established SSB fan base yet and Dr. Mario has already been cut before. Oh well, there's still a chance they'll return. We can hope. :(

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • People really need to stop calling Dark Pit a clone. If you actually played Uprising, you'd know that he isn't a clone. And Dr. Mario was almost identical to Mario in Melee, true, but they wouldn't have brought him back if they weren't going to change him up...

With that being said, I haven't heard anything about Dixie some of the other characters that have been discussed... Only Bowser Jr., Dog, Pittoo, and Shulk (and obviously all the returning fighters). If this is the final roster, I will be pretty darn pleased. Half of my wishlist (with 10 fighters) got in and three more of them are non-playable in the game, so that's pretty awesome.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • People really need to stop calling Dark Pit a clone. If you actually played Uprising, you'd know that he isn't a clone. And Dr. Mario was almost identical to Mario in Melee, true, but they wouldn't have brought him back if they weren't going to change him up...
    But when you're given the chance to play as him in one of the chapters in the main camepaign and the Light Vs. Dark multiplayer, he plays exactly like Pit. The only difference I could see Dr. Mario have apart from Mario is his old Down Special move and a new final smash.

With that being said, I haven't heard anything about Dixie some of the other characters that have been discussed... Only Bowser Jr., Dog, Pittoo, and Shulk (and obviously all the returning fighters).
    It was from a rumor that predated the leaked screenshots from the roster. I have it linked in my last post.

If this is the final roster, I will be pretty darn pleased. Half of my wishlist (with 10 fighters) got in and three more of them are non-playable in the game, so that's pretty awesome.

It was confirmed by the leaker that this is not the final roster, because the All-Star Mode in one of the leaked screenshots shows a locked icon. Even though we've lost a couple of veterans and not get other newcomers we've want. There's always the chance of DLC. Nintendo of Europe just revealed character DLC for Mario Kart 8, so who's to say Smash Bros. won't get one either?

BrandoSheriff

Years
  • But when you're given the chance to play as him in one of the chapters in the main camepaign and the Light Vs. Dark multiplayer, he plays exactly like Pit. The only difference I could see Dr. Mario have apart from Mario is his old Down Special move and a new final smash.

I agree, especially since he's located next to the other clones as opposed to next to Pit. And I can see Dr. Mario using the old Down special, and a final smash involving throwing other characters into a bottle and dropping pills on them like in the game. xD

Now that we know the leak is real (gonna main Shulk!), and if that rumor screenshot about Mewtwo, Ridley, and others being playable is true(I'm starting to think it is, considering the other details it talked about were true, and they could be the remaining characters the leaker was talking about), I can say I'm quite pleased with the roster. Every character I've wanted (bar Ghirahim T_T) to be playable actually are, like Shulk, Bowser Jr. (7 Koopalings as alts? Awesome!), and Dark Pit. This is shaping up to be the best Smash since Melee. Sucks that Ice Climbers appear to be cut, along with Wolf and Lucas. And we still don't get King K. Rool. I also don't like that Ganondorf is still a Falcon clone. He deserves a whole new moveset, with swords and dark magic, like Hyrule Warriors' version of him.

Also, am I the only one who absolutely loves the fact that the Duck Hunt Dog is playable? I mean, it makes sense, considering every Smash since Melee has modernized a early-Nintendo-days retro character. I can see his final smash being similar to Zero Suit Samus's gunship, except you use the NES Zapper, then at the end, he does his trademark laugh (with the original sound effect, of course).

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    If Wario's trophy description is any indication, they kept his Brawl moveset. All I needed to know!

Now just officially confirm him I need to see him in action ;_;
    I'm wondering why they couldn't clone Fox and Ness for Wolf and Lucas, respectively. That would've satisfied those who used them a lot in Brawl, whereas Dark Pit doesn't have an established SSB fan base yet and Dr. Mario has already been cut before. Oh well, there's still a chance they'll return. We can hope. :(
    Because Lucas and Wolf really aren't clones, they're just designed with the concept of an existing characters. All their moves, animations, properties etc are all different. Lucas only shares 2 animations with Ness. (FSmash and Up B)

With that in mind, they take as much time as any other veteran that isn't a clone. Doc, Lucina and Dark Pit, on the other hand, are very easy to add and take absolutely no time because the work is already there. We know Lucina has the exact same animations as Marth, and Doctor Mario was the same in Melee so he'll probably share animations with Mario again (except for Down B HOPEFULLY). Dark Pit, going off his placement on the select screen, will probably be the same as them. The only thing needed is unique taunts, idle and victory animations, changed moves properties and new voice lines. (Which is especially easy for Doc and Dark Pit because they share voice actors from the characters they're cloned from.)

I'm assuming the reason they cut Wolf and Lucas, despite being unique all things considered, is because they're redundant. As mentioned, they're designed upon an existing concept, so to a lot of people, they're really repetitive. Ice Climbers are tricky, and honestly, hard to design. In Melee they had some pretty broken techniques, which weren't fixed in Brawl. Nevermind the design problems hey have on the 3DS, they're just poorly designed in general. I don't think that's the only reasons they were cut, but time constraints was probably a problem. Sakurai mentioned that Lucina moved up from being an alt because they had to cut a character mid-development, so she was only there to pad the roster, and I'm assuming Doc and Dark Pit got the same treatment because two other cuts happened. 3 clones made up for 3 cut veterans. I'm assuming Snake (THIS IS BULL AND INEXCUSABLE), Squirtle and Ivysaur were planned to be cut from the beginning.

TL:DR: It's either Lucina, Doc and Dark Pit or nothing at all. The former is the winning option.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Sakurai mentioned that Lucina moved up from being an alt because they had to cut a character mid-development, so she was only there to pad the roster, and I'm assuming Doc and Dark Pit got the same treatment because two other cuts happened. 3 clones made up for 3 cut veterans. I'm assuming Snake (THIS IS BULL AND INEXCUSABLE), Squirtle and Ivysaur were planned to be cut from the beginning.

Again, that was a mistranslation from July's Famitsu scans. Nobody got cut for Lucina; any character who do end up getting cut is always due to time constraint, so nobody replaced anyone (seeing as how Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario were originally planned to return in Brawl after looking at all the leftover data files via hacking).

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Again, that was a mistranslation from July's Famitsu scans. Nobody got cut for Lucina; any character who do end up getting cut is always due to time constraint, so nobody replaced anyone (seeing as how Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario were originally planned to return in Brawl after looking at all the leftover data files via hacking).
    I didn't say they replaced anybody, I said they were likely promoted to a playable character to pad the roster so they could make up for these cuts.

I guess that's still replacing them per se, but not the same idea.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • I forgot if I ever posted in this thread. At any rate I'm gonna just get straight to it:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The Wario trophy leak kinda got me in a Warioware mood.

Now I need this song in Smash.

Back