• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Delayed... Again

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
  • "Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we've had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience." [Source: Smash Bros. DOJO]

I personally don't mind that much, but I'm kind of interested as to why we get a month delay and Japan only gets a week delay...

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I know it's not exactly relevent, but the distance between the Jap/North America release of AC on GCN and the European release was near enough a year. That's a year of delay.
    So this doesn't suprise me at all. We'll probably get Brawl over here sometime in 2019!

Years
  • Heh. I'm used to Delays right now. For example, no matter how off topic this is, the Council said they'd update my House Yesterday, but now they've delayed it to a week on Thursday! So, I'm quite patient right now. However, that'll eventually wear off after 6-12 Months.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    So there was an actual delay after all it seems, it's good news for me if you ask me. This could possibly (most likely in this case) mean they will add in even more crazy features and such into the game, I mean just look how awesome the game currently is, it's probably going to end up even better by then.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • So there was an actual delay after all it seems, it's good news for me if you ask me. This could possibly (most likely in this case) mean they will add in even more crazy features and such into the game, I mean just look how awesome the game currently is, it's probably going to end up even better by then.

That's unlikely, seeing as Japan only got a week delay. There's only just over 2 weeks before it comes out there on the 31st of January, so I really doubt they're working to add new content at this point. If anything, they're polishing up what they already have done.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't understand why there's such a delay between Japan and the US either. I mean, I can understand if they were having problems with the actual DEVELOPMENT of the game, like the last delay was, but... if that were the case, Japan would need an extra month or so for touch-ups too. I just don't get this. Localization DOES NOT take that long, especially since they're probably doing it at the same time right now anyway. <_<;

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • The move doesn't make sense at all from a business standpoint either. Why delay it until March? There's nothing coming out in February that Nintendo needs to have stand out now, and now in March it has to compete with Crisis Core, God of War PSP, and possibly even GTAIV.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Localization DOES NOT take that long, especially since they're probably doing it at the same time right now anyway. <_<;

Indeed. Melee started out with Japanese & English, so they can do the same with Brawl.

Hmm, perhaps they're going to delay the Japanese release and just haven't said so yet? No, that wouldn't make sense. These delays are actually starting to get a bit annoying. Then again, how often did they decide to delay Metroid Prime 3 or Super Mario Galaxy?

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Indeed. Melee started out with Japanese & English, so they can do the same with Brawl.

Hmm, perhaps they're going to delay the Japanese release and just haven't said so yet? No, that wouldn't make sense. These delays are actually starting to get a bit annoying. Then again, how often did they decide to delay Metroid Prime 3 or Super Mario Galaxy?

The Japanese release got a delay as well. Their delay is only one week though, while for some reason we got a month with no justification as to why. I think that's why most fans are as upset as they are.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    The Japanese release got a delay as well. Their delay is only one week though, while for some reason we got a month with no justification as to why. I think that's why most fans are as upset as they are.

Yes, that gap is much too large in this case. Unless they've slipped in much more than they've let on and have a lot of text to translate (unless, of course, they've been translating as they go along, as they should be) there isn't much reason for it, is there?

Unless they're adding something to the English releases, but there's no real chance of that.

I certainly can't think of any reason why. ...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Indeed. We'll probably never know, really. Though it's great fun watching members whine on the forums of big gaming sites~

It's times like this I like to think "At least I don't live in Europe."
    *beaten by the European member populace*

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Well for one possible reason why we get a month long delay is to fix up text that are up for English translation, this is the only reason I can think of right now. Japan is lucky though, they are only getting a week delay, dang. It's understandable to see fans upset, but patience is a virtue as they all say.

Is anyone impatient here planning to buy the Japanese version of the game? I can wait myself, I now just hope that this will be the last delay they will ever issue.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Though it's great fun watching members whine on the forums of big gaming sites~

Now, that's just evil. >:)

Is anyone impatient here planning to buy the Japanese version of the game? I can wait myself, I now just hope that this will be the last delay they will ever issue.

You're aware that console systems are region-locked, right? Which means that getting a japanese copy won't do you a bit of good unless you have a japanese or modded system.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • It's just... I'm pretty sure they're localizing as the game's been developed. I'm pretty sure it's the same situation that Twilight Princess had. We've been getting the "big" games at more or less the same time as Japan lately. I can't imagine they've borked something so bad that they require an extra month to fix it up for release here.

We are most definitely not getting any extra features beyond what Japan is getting, so the game has to be ready by now save for a few finishing touches, perhaps, before it goes for print. So I just... can't figure out what the reason for our delay is. I can deal with delays no problem so long as I have a decent reason for waiting and I just can't see a reason this time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009

We are most definitely not getting any extra features beyond what Japan is getting, so the game has to be ready by now save for a few finishing touches, perhaps, before it goes for print. So I just... can't figure out what the reason for our delay is. I can deal with delays no problem so long as I have a decent reason for waiting and I just can't see a reason this time.

Hmm......you don't suppose they're just taking a month to set up the Wi-Fi servers, do you? Because that's all the reason that comes to mind, unless they suddenly spring ANOTHER delay on the Japanese version to get it matched up with ours.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    I clearly forgot about the console being region-strict. I've really gotten myself to think all systems accept any game, no matter what region it is. I was able to play Mother 3 (Japan-only) on my Game Boy Advance SP, but that's a whole differnet story. Unless your collecting and such or you have the Japanese Wii console, I can see no other reason why you would buy it.

As a game creator myself, I think the reason why it would take a month longer for its debute over here is due to translations, and translations dealing with coding comments that explain how certain systems/controls work. Much of my reason just goes for translation though.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • https://www.gamespot.com/users/Arcanine_88/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25284842

Most of my ranting is done in there.

But really, Nintendo pushing the game back is just stupid. And I can't understand why (other then pissing off it's base... seeing how they love to do that these days <_<;; ). Like others have said, if there was a prob, or if they were still adding things Japan would have also gotten a month push back. And yet they only get a week? Something is wrong there... and I for the life of me can't understand what it is.
    Here's to Nintendo... always pissing off people they need.

Back