• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Ok, this will rank among my top five games ever, if this turns out to be half as good as it looks.

Kudos for Hideo for getting Solid Snake in the game, he's gonna be sweet to play SSB style.

Wario! (Do Do Do Du!) Hehe, sorry, been playing too much Mario Power Tennis, I think.

I assume the winged character is Pit from Kid Icarus. Strange, he looks slightly Sora (KH) like. Looks sweet though.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    The game looks amazing, and the new characters are also very good. I'm also happy they're not using the Wiimote, it would be too weird playing the game with it. The trailer looks amazing as well.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    o.o

I've loved both of the previous games and I'm sure this one'll be awesome too!

Years
    One of the main things I was glad to see is that they haven't totally forgotten about some series...I'm looking at you, Kid Icarus. Here I was thinking that series had faded away, and then they include Pit. Thank you, Nintendo. :D

The video of the game looked freaking awesome...it's definitely a game I'd try to get, assuming I can get my hands on one of the consoles.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    This game looks sweet, I like the new less cartoon~ish look they've added to the characters..such as Link looking like he would in the upcoming game and such..and those melee attacks look awesome..and..Zero..Suit..Samus...is the one I like most out of the new ones..but seriously..big woop..they have Snake in it, sure it's cool..but people are over reacting to it..and it's only happened because of the Nintendo MGS game that came out. And that kinda ruins the whole Nintendo only character thing that it had going on in the last 2 games..

And as for controllers...it's going to use normal controllers, and NOT use the Wii mote. And by that I mean, it won't use the wireless ones.

Last edited:
    Years
    If theres a Ds one it'll be
    Super Smash Brothers Spar*shot*

wow, yet to see the trailer but sounds awesome

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Wolt said:
    Andy, you reference to your club a lot. XD
    But yay, Nobuo Uematsu's scoring the main theme according to your post? Nintendo really is gaining some levels of support. XD
    Because the NFC is the big place on PC for Nintendo news and topics. Most Nintendo news goes there before anywhere else on PC. XD
    And yea, Nobuo Uematsu will be doing the SSBB song (I got the info from Austin and he got it off the SSB site).

Oh and I do think that the Wiimote isn't going to be used for SSBB (and as I have said many times, I hope it doesn't use the remote).

This is off to Gamespot when the game first came out and questions was being asked.

"Another question was presented to Sakurai. "How will Super Smash Bros. Brawl take advantage of the Wii controller?" The designer said he had been working with different ideas, and had found that too much use of the controller's pointing and motion-sensor functions was not a good thing. He then dropped a hint, saying gamers may not want to throw away their old GameCube controllers, which the Wii supports. Sakurai then said he wants to support the console, but offer something different than other Wii games."

GS page on it

For ones that haven't seen the trailer yet, you should. It's funny and shows a few things about SSBB.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    The trailer for this was so cool!

My friend is primarily an x-box man, but his favourite PS games are the MGS series, & his favourite Gamecube game was super smash bro's melee.

Snake+Super Smash Bro's= Him getting a Wii.

Pretty Boy Sean

Journeyman
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 15, 2007
    Digital Mage said:
    The trailer for this was so cool!

My friend is primarily an x-box man, but his favourite PS games are the MGS series, & his favourite Gamecube game was super smash bro's melee.

Snake+Super Smash Bro's= Him getting a Wii.

Alot of Xbox fanboys seem like they're getting the Wii too.

and Zero Suit Samus has a nice butt. <_<

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Pretty Boy Sean said:
    Alot of Xbox fanboys seem like they're getting the Wii too.

and Zero Suit Samus has a nice butt. <_<

More of her is nice than just that.

The new super attack things look great as well.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    There's a reason why I want this game badly when it comes out, I have never played with snake before and he looks super sweet in the graphics and Kid Icarus is something that I forgot to buy when I was just five years old for the old nintendo. The trailer is so cool and I like the way how they upgraded marios corduroy even better than the melee version. I wish I could've gone to E3

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    I hope they get Crash Bandicoot into the game. That would be amazingly amazing.

zonic the hedgehog

...::: D. GrAy-MaN :::...
    Years
    Not sure if you guys know, but you can vote for what characters, itmes, and music you want to see in the game here:

Now you have the chance to decide the future of your favorite fighting game! The poll allows for submissions of both character and music suggestiong. Voice your opinions now! The poll can be found here...

https://www.smashbros.com/jp/toukou/index.html

This page explains the poll, just click the button at the bottom of the page to start.

Doing so will take you to the poll page. Enter a nickname in the first box. The second box has a drop down where you can choose from three selections. To sugest a character, choose the LONG option in the middle. (The top is items, and the bottom is music)

The third box (the really big one) is where you insert the body of your suggestion. I chose to include both an english and a Japanese version. If you choose to do the same, just write your english message, and copy it into google translator and select 'english to japanese'. Then copy the japanese text into the poll message box under the english version.

Although the site is in Japanese, you can easily make it through with the aid of google translator...

https://www.google.com/language_tools

Voice your opinion now!

Seriously, everyone should really vote to have Ludicolo as an item. I can totally see him having an attack that makes the enemies dance.

Also, I've gone ahead and suggested that Sonic be a playable character.
    Hey, if they have Solid Snake in there, why not Sonic? >P

Last edited:
    Years
    I love how new systems have totally awesome graphics. The detail in Mario, and all other characters, now is just awesome. Wario should be interesting to say the least. All I can say is if I get the Wii this will definately be a game I'd buy.

Pangolin

The Phenom
    Years
    I read about this on ign and everything looks great expect that Wario is in his warioware outfit and he looks dumb........I was looking foward to Wario being in the game but now I'm not.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Using that thing, I suggested both Blaziken and Crash Bandicoot as characters. I also offered possible B attacks for them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back