• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    *Finished drooling.* Well sweeties, I love the idea for more 3rd party characters.
    Characters I would like to see are, Megaman, Leon Kennedy, Dante, Viewtiful Joe, Pacman, some characters from the Tales series, Cloud, and Sonic the Hedgehog. XD

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Princess Peach said:
    *Finished drooling.* Well sweeties, I love the idea for more 3rd party characters.
    Characters I would like to see are, Megaman, Leon Kennedy, Dante, Viewtiful Joe, Pacman, some characters from the Tales series, Cloud, and Sonic the Hedgehog. XD

If by Cloud you mean Cloud Strife, his chances of being in SSBB seem very low because he never appeared in a game on a Nintendo system. Maybe a FF character that was in CC or from FF I-VI could be in it.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Princess Peach said:

That would be cool, what I'm hoping is that I would like to see more Earthbound characters like Ness in the game; like Paula,Jeff,Poo, and Starman. And like Peach said I'm hoping to see some Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Keep in mind, everyone, that the characters look this good because these are cut scenes. Still impressive nonetheless.

I hope the Nintendog they showed is an item. It's going to be fun if I can throw puppies at people Mr. Saturn style.

I'm hoping MGS is player's choice; it's going to be required playing for me. I don't like knowing nothing about the characters I use. If Revolution is cheap enough, I'll buy it for this game and nothing else. Thank goodness the game isn't going to rely on the remote.
    Well, according to Wikipedia, the Nintendog is an item that obstructs the screen, like in the video, making it hard to battle...

Don't you wonder if they're going to keep the trophy thing? Even if they don't have Joanna Dark as a playable character, they should at least have a trophy of her.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    I'm also hoping to see me! XD
    Also, I'm hoping to see more Pokémon, maybe somebody from Street Fighter, like Ryu (Admit it, it'll be awsome! XD), Toad as a playable character, Luigi's answer to me, Daisy, Baby Mario (It'll be interesting, adorable, and cool! X3), Waluigi, maybe a Pokémon Trainer (Wes seems like he could be a good fighter), Diddy Kong, Stafy, Cassandra from Soul Calibur 2, Zero, Mesgaman X, uhh...*Head hurts.* XD

Did I forget to mention how much I love how did the reborn Pit! X3 Pit looks so awsome, sweeties! X3 *Brings back some memories of Kid Iccarus.*

Anyway, before I go on a fanatatic rampage, I hope they keep the trophy thing. ^^ It was kinda fun collecting the trophies, in my opinion. ^^

Any sweetie wonder what weapons they're going to do add?

Last edited:

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Princess Peach said:

Any sweetie wonder what weapons they're going to do add?

I'm guessing since snakes in the game they might have some cool Rifles and guns, and the crocodile suit he had on MGS3 if they do put it in

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Rock Lee said:
    I'm guessing since snakes in the game they might have some cool Rifles and guns, and the crocodile suit he had on MGS3 if they do put it in

On IGN, it said Nintendo didn't want Snake to have guns, so they were considering having him focus on explosives.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Yea Snake will likely not have guns, but me still thinks he'll kick butt with his moves. XD

And I agree with Erica (or whoever said this), they need Kratos or Lloyd in SSBB. Forget Snake, Sonic, and Megaman, have Kratos and Lloyd and they can kick butt. XD

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Wolt said:
    Waiii waiii… Kaga, you cruel man…

Throwing Nintendogs? YOU ARE SUCH A MEANIE! ;o;

And Nintendogs aren't thrown I think, they just run around the arena and maul your opponents.

UnseenIdiot said:
    why couldnt he have guns starfox had a gun samus had a gun link has arrows!

An explanation may be that all the characters in SSBM and SSBB have guns that shoot lasers, and Snake has guns that shoots bullets.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Games like StarFox, Metroid etc have guns but they got lasers. But if they got Snake on there and with a gun with bullets then it'll not only look at out place but would be kind of out of the SSB style (yes I know you're thinking "Well Snake is in the game, that's out of style" they can only go so far with that XD). We'll just have to see what Snake pulls out and shoots (maybe he'll shoot snakes XD).

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Wolt said:
    Waiii waiii… Kaga, you cruel man…

Throwing Nintendogs? YOU ARE SUCH A MEANIE! ;o;

I can't help that I don't like Golden Retrievers XD

I hope that if they have target tests in the new version the targets are replaced with Nintendogs as well. If Solid Snake gets to use bullets, it's going to be the best part of the-*shot dead*

Pangolin

The Phenom
    Years
    I don't know who Kratos or Lloyd are but anyone is better than sonic and/or megaman.
    If Nintendo has to but in Sonic fine but not Megaman. If they do but sonic in and feel like putting a second sonic character it should be Knuckles or robo-sonic not Shadow and not Tails I don't understand why people actully think Tails is cool.....Megaman and Tails should.....Rest....In....Piece....

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Pangolin said:
    I don't know who Kratos or Lloyd are but anyone is better than sonic and/or megaman.
    If Nintendo has to but in Sonic fine but not Megaman. If they do but sonic in and feel like putting a second sonic character it should be Knuckles or robo-sonic not Shadow and not Tails I don't understand why people actully think Tails is cool.....Megaman and Tails should.....Rest....In....Piece....

Kratos has no chance of making it into SSBB because he's never been on a game on a Nintendo system. Snake was in 2 games for Nintendo systems, Kratos was in 1 (so far) game for the PS2.

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
    Zone said:
    Kratos has no chance of making it into SSBB because he's never been on a game on a Nintendo system. Snake was in 2 games for Nintendo systems, Kratos was in 1 (so far) game for the PS2.
    were talking about kratos fromn tails of symphonia, right, cus if we are, im sure he has only been in GC...>_>

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    serpenter said:
    were talking about kratos fromn tails of symphonia, right, cus if we are, im sure he has only been in GC...>_>

Oh. I've never played Tales of Symphonia.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    They're going to try and give Snake "humourous" weapons. I dunno, it's what they said, and they listed a rocket launch as an example. I'm not sure how that's humerous though. He'll fight with a cardboard box aswell.

Tales of Symphonia was on the PS2 as well, but only in Japan.

Now, Snake is in this game because Kojima asked if he could be in Melee during it's development. Unfortunately it was too late to include him. Kojima and Smash's creator (his name slips me at the moment) are good friends. So, Snake being in Brawl isn't from a corporate level. However, this does open the door for other third-party character from a corporate level (like Sonic). I just hope it doesn't get that out of control. One or two extra people I can handle. I don't really want Spyro, or Resident Evil people popping up.

Kaga - I don't think the entire thing was a cutscene. I htink some was gameplay footage, I could see a very very very slight decrease in quality during some of the actual fighting scenes. Nonetheless, the intro movie and the actual gameplay for Melee were very close detail wise. So, we should expect the same here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back