• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survivors of Mieko Island! (OOC/SU; PG-14)

MMGiru

Dilettante Extraordinaire
Years
  • Hey, I was planning on adding some books and a bottle of water to Dylan's backpack, because that would make more sense for him than not having those things.

Time to start writing, then.

-----

Also, I have no DS. -_-

Not that I've been actively trying to get one.

-----

Oh! I forgot to ask if anyone had any thoughts earlier, but how does one play a fish as their primary pokemon? Given, you know... that, "traditionally they live in the sea."

Thoughts?

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have only recently started to play White :p so no.

Alright, just waking up and our thoughts and stuff? Will do!

Years
  • How does one use fish-like Pokemon anywhere but in the water? Do you carry a bucket of water with you at all times? Do you hold the fish and use it like a weapon? Does it float in air?

MMGiru

Years
  • It's a shame my character isn't the male Wonder Twin.

Well, I guess he'll be sticking close to the water for some of the time anyway. The dependency 'll add a certain realism, at least. And now there's a proper justification for catching a Trapinch (Fire Gym), and not just my OOC love of the Trapinch family.

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
    Years
  • Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! And i know this is COMPLETELY off topic, but who has a Victini in B/W! :D

I do! I got the recent event one :3

Hey, I was planning on adding some books and a bottle of water to Dylan's backpack, because that would make more sense for him than not having those things.

Time to start writing, then.

-----

Also, I have no DS. -_-

Not that I've been actively trying to get one.

-----

Oh! I forgot to ask if anyone had any thoughts earlier, but how does one play a fish as their primary pokemon? Given, you know... that, "traditionally they live in the sea."

Thoughts?

Erm...interesting question. I suppose it could depend on what it is. A Milotic or Gyrados could glide in the air, Magikarp, of course, flops around no matter what, but since yours is a Carvhana, I suppose it could be your choice whether you only release it in water or have it glide behind you or something *shrugs*.

I have only recently started to play White :p so no.

Alright, just waking up and our thoughts and stuff? Will do!

Recently started White, huh? Just out of curiousity, what starter do you have?

How does one use fish-like Pokemon anywhere but in the water? Do you carry a bucket of water with you at all times? Do you hold the fish and use it like a weapon? Does it float in air?

I can now see myself facing a wild Magmortar and holding a Magikarp out in front of me screaming "OMG DON'T KILL ME MAGIKARP SAVE ME!!!!" XD.

I have my first post typed up. Woohoo~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have Tepig as my starter, but he's an Emboar now <3

Haha, in another RP here, I've caught a Remoraid and I was actually planning for my character to hold him and use him as a gun xDDDD

So, should we wait with posting until you have posted, PokeGirlJade?

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
    Years
  • I have Tepig as my starter, but he's an Emboar now <3

Haha, in another RP here, I've caught a Remoraid and I was actually planning for my character to hold him and use him as a gun xDDDD

So, should we wait with posting until you have posted, PokeGirlJade?

I chose Snivy ^^.

Once ZeganZoma is accepted, you don't have to wait for me to post first.

MMGiru

Years
  • Hey, while we're not doing anything IC, what pokemon does everyone traditionally choose for a particular generation? I find that for each game I've played, I always have a favorite starter and at least one super-powered pokemon that I want at the end, if not a whole team.

R/B/Y/FR/LG - Charmander - and I always want a Dragonite and supe'd up Charizard by the end.

G/S/C - Cyndaquil - my goal is always to get a Tyranitar and destroy Red with it, though I generally end up with a Dragonite and a Machamp as well.

R/S/E - Treecko - I'm a bit more generalized with Hoenn, and I'm more likely to care about my whole team, though I'll prioritize my starter. I'm oft to get a Flygon.

I don't have any games beyond those generations. :/

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I used to play Yellow in the Kanto versions, so I always got Pikachu ;P and I always had both Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur on my team in the end. I loved the balance of it all~

In the Johto games (Crystal mainly) I always chose Cyndaquil because it was the easiest. And in Hoenn, I never choose Treecko, but Mudkip or Torchic rather equally every other time I play through it. Hoenn is probably the region I know best. Remakes... please make them~!

And I haven't finished a game in 4th or 5th gen, but I started playing Platinum recently. For some reason, I grew bored though, and started playing White instead. It's awesome, actually. Both the region and the pokémon and the story, mostly because they involve all the gym leaders in the story and I happen to love gym leaders~ :3

Let's not get too offtopic though. I'll wait for ZeganZoma then, if you feel it's important to have everybody here at the start.

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
    Years
  • I've been playing through Soul Silver (I chose Cyndaquil, it's so cute!), and right now I'm currently working on the third gym. Freaking strong Miltank with Rollout >_< Doesn't help four Pokemon on my team are weak to Rock D:

For FireRed and LeafGreen, I chose Charmander. I just love Charizard ^^

For Ruby and Sapphire, I chose Torchic at first, but I'm thinking of restarting and using Mudkip.

For Diamond, I alternate between Chimchar and Piplup.

For Black, I chose Snivy, and it has officially become my favorite Pokemon.

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
    Years
  • Master Sword!

Name: Somari Fey Wright
    Region: Sinnoh
    Appearance: Black hair, spiked back, bluish-black eyes, lightly tanned skin, and relatively tall. Wears a black and white tie-died T-shirt, a pair of near-sighted glasses, a red, blue, and black hat, and a pair of running shoes.

Personality: He is a very kind, caring boy, who will put his life on the line for others without a second thought. However, he also attempts to avoid social contact, due to his past attempts in life at making friends. He gets sad easily, but he is strong, and has almost never cried in his life. He has never made a single true friend in his life, which has encouraged him to treat his Pokemon as his friends. Out of battle, he rarely ever speaks. In battle, however, he is a genius, and a strong believer in all of his Pokemon.

History: Somari was raised by a spoiling kind of family. They gave him all the toys he wanted, all the food he wanted... everything!

Interestingly enough, however, this did not corrupt him; quite the opposite, in fact! From his family's overcare towards him, h's grown overcaring himself, which has led to gaining respect only from adults.

His nature has gotten him dubbed many things, including "nerd" "dork" "geek" "four-eyes"... everything! Because of this, Pokemon are his top priority.

His dream is to become a Pokemon Lawyer someday, and as such, geyting into arguments is a piece of cake for him. Due to a lack of anybody ever bossing him around, he makes an excellent leader when he needs to be.

He's been insulted his entire life, so trying to make him feel ashamed of himself would be pointless.

It seemed like nothing too good has actually happened in his life... until he got that letter...

Feelings about the mystery and Lin: Believe it or not, he is quite looking forward to figuring this out.

Flaws: Is near-sighted, hates excercise, can't harm a living thing, trusts too easily

Main Ability: Determination. He has determination that could move a mountain.

RP sample (getting on the boat):
    Somari lightly pushed his glasses up to his eyes as the ship came closer into sight.

(At last... the trip shall begin at last...! Soon, I shall begin a journey towards a new region!)

He patted the Pikachu on his shoulders as he finally reached the boat, his eagerness not shown by his face. "You ready Overshock?"

"Pika!", the little electric mouse replied enthusiastically replied.

Somari gave a light chuckle at her enthusiasm. "Good. Then let's head off for our new adventure!" With this, he eagerly boarded the ship, eager and excited for this new adventure.
    Pokemon:

Species: Monferno
    Lvl.: 25
    Nature: Loyal
    Moveset: Flamethrower, Quick Attack, Bite, Dig

Species: Pikachu
    Lvl.: 23
    Nature: Modest
    Moveset: Iron Tail, Dig, Thunderbolt, Quick Attack

Last edited:

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
    Years
  • Name: Somari Fey Wright
    Region: Sinnoh
    Appearance: Black hair, spiked back, bluish-black eyes, lightly tanned skin, and relatively tall. Wears a black and white tie-died T-shirt, a pair of near-sighted glasses, a red, blue, and black hat, and a pair of running shoes.

Personality: He is a very kind, caring boy, who will put his life on the line for others without a second thought. However, he also attempts to avoid social contact, due to his past attempts in life at making friends. He gets sad easily, but he is strong, and has almost never cried in his life. He has never made a single true friend in his life, which has encouraged him to treat his Pokemon as his friends. Out of battle, he rarely ever speaks. In battle, however, he is a genius, and a strong believer in all of his Pokemon.

History: Somari was raised by a spoiling kind of family. They gave him all the toys he wanted, all the food he wanted... everything!

Interestingly enough, however, this did not corrupt him; quite the opposite, in fact! From his family's overcare towards him, h's grown overcaring himself, which has led to gaining respect only from adults.

His nature has gotten him dubbed many things, including "nerd" "dork" "geek" "four-eyes"... everything! Because of this, Pokemon are his top priority.

His dream is to become a Pokemon Lawyer someday, and as such, geyting into arguments is a piece of cake for him. Due to a lack of anybody ever bossing him around, he makes an excellent leader when he needs to be.

He's been insulted his entire life, so trying to make him feel ashamed of himself would be pointless.

It seemed like nothing too good has actually happened in his life... until he got that letter...

Feelings about the mystery and Lin: Believe it or not, he is quite looking forward to figuring this out.

Flaws: Is near-sighted, hates excercise, can't harm a living thing, trusts too easily

Main Ability: Determination. He has determination that could move a mountain.

RP sample (getting on the boat):
    Somari lightly pushed his glasses up to his eyes as the ship came closer into sight.

(At last... the trip shall begin at last...! Soon, I shall begin a journey towards a new region!)

He patted the Pikachu on his shoulders as he finally reached the boat, his eagerness not shown by his face.
    Pokemon:

Species: Monferno
    Lvl.: 25
    Nature: Loyal
    Moveset: Flamethrower, Quick Attack, Bite, Dig

Species: Pikachu
    Lvl.: 23
    Nature: Modest
    Moveset: Iron Tail, Dig, Thunderbolt, Quick Attack

Pretty good, except you forgot one little thing from the rules and the RP sample is really short. I'd like it to be at least a paragraph or two.

Ahh, finally destroyed that freaking Miltank!!! I now have a new found respect for Machop...

EDIT: Well...I've decided that we can go ahead and start. The final three characters will be much farther down the beach and will be discovered/discover us once they join. If no one takes the final spot by noon tomorrow by my time, I may decide to let someone have two characters or I may take it. I don't want to have to get the final character much farther into the roleplay.

Last edited:

MMGiru

Years
  • Hey, it occurs to me: how did that boat illusion work?

Like, did we each imagine the other people in our own regions? Or did we pick everyone up? Seems like the first would work better for an illusion+teleportation.

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
    Years
  • Hey, it occurs to me: how did that boat illusion work?

Like, did we each imagine the other people in our own regions? Or did we pick everyone up? Seems like the first would work better for an illusion+teleportation.

The boat illusion will be explained later in the RP. There is a whole plan behind it that will be revealed as more clues are discovered.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Hmm, a Pokemon RP. Haven't played on of those in awhile, should probably start getting back to them. So, if it is of no problem, I would like to reserve a spot. The Hoenn one, if nobody would mind.

Whatever the case may be, I would still like to reserve the spot, if at all possible.

*EDIT*
    Have nothing better to do, so might as well write up the SU. Hopefully I didn't miss that somebody had already applied for an open spot.. again, and make a complete fool of myself.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back