• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survivors of Mieko Island! (OOC/SU; PG-14)

MMGiru

Dilettante Extraordinaire
Years
  • @The Noob Hacker
    That sounds... abysmal.

Also, Happy New Year. I've just wrapped up my traditional celebration, and now I think it's probably time for me to write up a post.

-----

I was distracted away from writing slightly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Godzil, Serena walked back to the other group and isn't really near Jeff, Cindy or Alexis anymore. Unless Jeff walked over to the others as well?

Read each other's posts, please!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I kind of made Alexis find the water pond, unless someone minds that. If anyone would mind explaining about Lin's last letter to Alexis, though, she'd be glad :]

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
    Years
  • Omigosh yay I posted again!!! :cer_boogie:
    I'm sorry if there's a long gap between my posts...I've been kind of busy with some other things and I've been experiencing writer's block for some time now.

MMGiru

Years
  • Well that took me three or four more hours to write than it should've. Done, though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gosh, Serena is really touchy, isn't she? XD Alexis likes to help pokemon too, she was just hungry and doesn't really like bugs... Unless they are edible :p

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Don't really know how one would plan to eat a Pokémon in the first place. I mean, even a Wurmple would only get knocked out from something like a Ho-Oh's Fire Blast (according to the games) so how you would plan on killing it... I'm not entirely sure. Then again, the people of the Pokémon world would have had to have some sort of meat, assuming they are similar to the humans of our world. So maybe the people of the Pokémon world are herbivores? Or maybe there exists another source of meat? Like maybe some regular animals exist in the Pokémon world and they eat those? Then again, there are a few Pokédex entries concerning Pokémon eating other Pokémon, so surely there must be some way to kill and eat one. (Assuming that the predator doesn't just eat it alive, but even then it would mean that there is some way to be able to pierce the flesh, and cause harm to more than a Pokémon's consciousness. But I guess a bleeding Pokémon would mean the same thing.)

I... I'm confused now. I think I need to sit down. Wait a moment, I'm already sitting down. Well then...

Years
  • Hacker, let me put your mind at ease. In the games, the Pokemon hold back on their attacks, "pull their punches", if you will. In the wild, they fight to the death. And can a human harm them? Well, there's a reason you can only throw rocks or balls at them. A gun or knife would be cheating. If you're interested, look at RedChocobo's Emerald Let's Play. Apparently Luvdisc are delicious.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hacker, let me put your mind at ease. In the games, the Pokemon hold back on their attacks, "pull their punches", if you will. In the wild, they fight to the death. And can a human harm them? Well, there's a reason you can only throw rocks or balls at them. A gun or knife would be cheating. If you're interested, look at RedChocobo's Emerald Let's Play. Apparently Luvdisc are delicious.

Awesome! Alexis will sneak up to the Wurmple and suck its blood in the middle of the night.

Wait. No.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Hacker, let me put your mind at ease. In the games, the Pokemon hold back on their attacks, "pull their punches", if you will. In the wild, they fight to the death. And can a human harm them? Well, there's a reason you can only throw rocks or balls at them. A gun or knife would be cheating. If you're interested, look at RedChocobo's Emerald Let's Play. Apparently Luvdisc are delicious.
    Fair enough I guess. It still is fire, though (in the Ho-Oh example) so either way they have to be some tough little guys. I'm still not entirely sure whether a gun or knife would do them in, not quickly, that is. After all, even if it is a weaker version, a kick from a Hitmonlee, for instance, would easily kill a person (even the weaker version) where as it would still knock out another Pokémon. Way I see it, any Pokémon is, by default, more durable than a person. And we are on an island, so really the only viable means to kill it would be to order a Pokémon to kill it (which may or may not be difficult) or bashing it over the head with a rock.. for a long time.. while its struggling and screaming.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Mostly, I think you'll have to remember the bottom line - that pokémon is a video game. But if we're going to try and make it more realistic, I'd say that pokémon are more durable than humans yeah. And that people probably aren't eating pokémon. In some pokémon universes, like some mangas and even the TCG, animals co-exist with pokémon in the wild, so meat probably comes from them. BUT, is it really much different from when we eat animals? We eat cows but not dogs - similarly pokémon world people could eat Miltank but not Lillipup?

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Mostly, I think you'll have to remember the bottom line - that pokémon is a video game. But if we're going to try and make it more realistic, I'd say that pokémon are more durable than humans yeah. And that people probably aren't eating pokémon. In some pokémon universes, like some mangas and even the TCG, animals co-exist with pokémon in the wild, so meat probably comes from them. BUT, is it really much different from when we eat animals? We eat cows but not dogs - similarly pokémon world people could eat Miltank but not Lillipup?

(Let the records state that I know Pokémon is a video game)

Technically, nobody ever said you couldn't eat Lilipup, or dogs for that matter. In fact, do we even have the liberty to say that Lilipup is the equivalent to the domesticated dog? Sure, it looks like it but we have no idea whether any other similarities exist. Lilipup is no more common a pet than any other Pokémon, to my knowledge. Nor do we have any implications that Lilipup are revered in the same way as dogs, as in our world, we see dogs as friends and pets (in my region of the world, that is) and such is why, or at least one of the reasons why, eating one seems so... uncivil, I suppose. That, and, once again to my knowledge, cows are a better source of food than dogs. (Especially because they are often raised on farms in order to be eaten.) So, perhaps in a Pokémon world that is in times similar to my own, perhaps they raise certain Pokémon for food, Miltank, for instance. Therefore, eating other Pokémon may simply seem unnecessary. However, I don't think that eating a Lilipup would be looked down upon, no more so than eating any other Pokémon that isn't normally eaten. However, I don't know the social standards imposed on the Pokémon world, therefore I don't know what people in that world would be conditioned to believe what is "okay" and "not okay".

But this is all trivial, and barely passes for entertaining conversation.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    But this is all trivial, and barely passes for entertaining conversation.

It sure does ^^ You sound like you should hang out in the Pokémon General section of PC, unless you do that a lot already? :3

A hint for the players who only interact with their own pokémon and write about standing around on a beach all day - if you won't interact with others, they won't interact with you, because they most likely won't notice that you exist, really.

That being said, are we going to move and make things happen already? I don't mean to be mean, but it's getting a bit boring standing around in a group on the beach.

Last edited:

MMGiru

Years
  • I counter with the point that Dylan tried, failed, and gave up on interaction.

In general, he's assigned himself with the role of being lazy, irresponsible, unsociable, and otherwise useless. That's actually one of his two primary character traits.

I'm sure that his boredom will get the better of it at some point, but currently he's resigned to apathetically following someone else's lead in a task which he'd previously tried to start as a group effort.

I'm also sure I can find a clever way of rephrasing that in my post so that he seems like less of a warped self-insert.

-----

It seems I'm more cranky than there's any need for, which is annoying in itself. I'll write up a proper post in a moment. Or perhaps after a shower.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016

and write about standing around on a beach all day.

*Raises fists*
    What are you tryin' to say, boy? (I don't care if you're a girl, maybe. You are in the RP. But saying "girl" at the end doesn't sound nearly as cliché.)

But in all seriousness, I've tried to make it a point that my character does not trust anybody and pretty much hates people in general. Besides, he hates Lin, and at this point believes that the entire group is directly working with her, thus making them enemies. (Also, he is not the most rational of people, as he would rather risk facing the entire island alone than associate himself with Lin.) But soon, once more people are near the pond, I'll probably reveal him to the rest of the group, probably due to some blunder or misstep of his. (Although I wouldn't really care if someone caught him before that.) But the entire point behind this is that once it is known that Sidney has been sneaking around, following and eavesdropping on everyone, the rest of the group will harbor a mistrust towards him. Either that or somebody will question him, which will just make him mad. Sidney is a character that is supposed to seem distant and even mean-spirited. People typically either dislike him with the same passion he dislikes others, or they try to figure out just what his problem is. Not really sure what inspired me to play a character like this, as I've played the antisocial character before (even though they usually didn't hold to that long) but never an outright unlikable one. It's not like his resentment towards everyone is justifiable. I guess I was just tired of playing characters with overly sappy back stories or have problems that "you just won't get man". I don't know, maybe I thought playing a jerk might be fun.

Why do I have such a tendency to ramble? Maybe that will be my next character, the annoying guy who talks for hours yet manages to say absolutely nothing.

MMGiru

Years
  • (Also, he is not the most rational of people, as he would rather risk facing the entire island alone than associate himself with Lin.) But soon, once more people are near the pond, I'll probably reveal him to the rest of the group, probably due to some blunder or misstep of his. (Although I wouldn't really care if someone caught him before that.)

Well, plot hook delivered. If you want to "bite", as it were, that would be cool. Dylan is just beginning to regain his reason, I've decided, and is quite separate from the rest of the group.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ok :3 It's probably good if you tell us your plans here xD

Okay, I think I'm somewhat ahead in time :x Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have posted now. I'll refrain from posting until more people have reacted to Alexis, Jeff and Dylan leaving for the pond.

EDIT 2 days later... so, I was thinking of dropping out. Since the RP doesn't seem to be going in an interesting direction, tbh, and there are some other RPs I'd like to have time for. Sorry, I hope those who stay can manage to spring it into action more.

Last edited:
    Back