• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    All righty, let's go through this anime. 1st episode was wacky and it was like, wow. Anyway, who else likes this anime or at least acknowledge its existence. So far, all the characters are quite likable, especially Haruhi and Mikuru. Also, I like both the opening (Haruhi @ Aya Hirano) and Ending theme (sung by Haruhi, Yuki, Mikuru) in episode 2.

So, if a girl have a loli face and big bewbs, that makes a girl more moe?

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    that's pretty much how the anime fanservice works. 2 factors seem to contribute to a girl being moe (kawaii for those more used to that, [still means cute]). And that would be breast size and lolita-like behavior/looks, in which she has both.
    That being said, Asahina Mikuru is cute XD

As to episode 1, i'm guessing it's a movie that they will be making through the process of the series, ending the series with the result of what happens with the movie. What really cracked me up were the credits to that movie and they just switched the given names from kanji to katakana for main characters XD

Anywho, i'm going with Kyon's conclusion. Suzumiya Haruhi must have been born dumb.

ah well, Kyoto Animation. and...that...strange ending dance XD
    ah well it's pretty good, probably gonna keep watching it

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    That was a rhetorical question. XD But I agree with Kyon that she is an idiot. And yes, Mikuru is cute and moe. =P

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Rhetorical questions still explained to those who don't knoow how the anime society works XD Eye's are the main dead giveaway of Kyoito animeation, so loving it XD
    of course i'm still getting the full ED when it comees out dance is awesome, but then again, there's Magikano's "Dance of the Chibis", still loving the strange ED dance XD, OP maybe XD

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    Perhaps dancing in the ending themes are becoming the rave. I too look forward to getting the full ED. The dancing is really nicely done and I like Kyon's expression while he's dancing to it. XD Poor guy.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    buster_wolf said:
    Perhaps dancing in the ending themes are becoming the rave. I too look forward to getting the full ED. The dancing is really nicely done and I like Kyon's expression while he's dancing to it. XD Poor guy.
    Agreed. Kyon is... well, lucky but unlucky at the same time :p

But as far as the attached image says, Mikuru moe.

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    みくるちゃんテラモエスだよ!(´・ω・`)

All and all, I can't wait to see the next episode.

I notice I've been posting a lot in this area though. XD

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    buster_wolf said:
    みくるちゃんテラモエスだよ!(´・ω・`)

All and all, I can't wait to see the next episode.

I notice I've been posting a lot in this area though. XD
    モエー(`・ω・´)モエー

Me too, can't wait... and it finally seems like there'll be an explanation to the first episode too!

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    Still haven't seen the next episode, but something came up in my mind. Something very important...

....don't you think Kyon's little sister is just the cutest thing? XD

Years
    Heh, I like this series, it's unique and funny. Plus, it has two good aspects.

Kyon is one of the most likeable male leads in this type of genre in awhile, in my opinion. He's not wimpy, and indecisive (like your typical male lead)

Lastly, Mikuru, is definitely moe.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Love it. It's one of those odd series that really changes your view.

Mikuru reminds me of Inque from bleach. The first episode makes you think different of the series till yo usee the ending. The series is worth watching and one of the best I seen for this year.

But the ending is strange with the dance, I still like it though. XD

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    <<Avatar
    Indeed, Kyon is quite likable. I really like his personality, and his tsukkomi ability. I wonder how Itsuki is going to be like though? He looks like the womanizer type. I categorize him as in the same league as Yukito (AIR) or Inugami (Pani Poni) though he's more of a minor character...

<<Kyouraku
    I like your avatar, her hair style change according the days and the number of clipping she put on her hair. And I also thought about that, she so similar to Orihime from Bleach. I really do enjoy this serie since it's so good.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    After this episode, i have come to the conclusion that Haruhi is extremely good at blackmailing people...ah well, nice way to get a free computer from the computer club XD
    gotta feel sorry for Mikuru though, being victom of all of Haruhi's crazyness that's been going on today(well that episode XD)
    subject of blackmail, bunny costume advertising...

best shoujo IMO this season so far XD

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    Indeed, she is blackmailer good convincer. Anyway, I drew that picture of Mikuru as a bunny girl. It brings me good times. Anyway, as usual, I liked the episodes. Now, let's see how the baseball episode goods. It seems like it's gonna be interesting.

Sadly though, I hear that Haruhi Suzumiya is going to be only 14 episodes longs.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Meh, I was expecting this show to only last 14 episodes... most anime I like usually only run between 12~26 eps anyway.

Anyhow, finished watching the third episode right now.

Wow, Yuki wasn't what she seemed to be XD

Oh, and am I correct to think Mikuru has certain feeling towards Yuki? I mean, it seems like that's the reason why Mikuru is still in the SOS Brigade.

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    Wow, so... it's really episode 7 and the next episode is... 5? What the? XD

Anyway, it was good. I liked the Mikuru service as a meido and nurse. Also, the baseball is pretty good. Haruhi is quite good while the others aren't as good. As usual, I think Kyon's little sister is super cute, though it appears that her name will be Kyon No Imouto. Then again, what's Kyon's real name? =P

Edit: I forgot to mention this. Mikuru is cute as a cheerleader too. Also, Kohei is right. It seems like she really likes Kyon quite a bit too. Afterall, she seems to talk about Kyon to Tsuraya.

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    what are you talking about? Everyone started kicking the other team's butts about halfway through XD

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    digi-kun said:
    what are you talking about? Everyone started kicking the other team's butts about halfway through XD

That's because Yuki used her strange power. XD

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    buster_wolf said:
    That's because Yuki used her strange power. XD
    Man, I was pretty confused about her special powers, and how Mikuru nearly said something about a "friend from this time...".

Thank lord wikipedia helped me out of the confusion :p

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    And this ep pretty much says what everyone is...thoughts?

(also note that Kyon's and Haruhi's names were larger than usual this time XD)

Next ep seems to be moving back to the thrid volume from "The Boredom of Suzumiya Haruhi" to the "Remote Island Syndrome" during the summer

Back